Page 4 of 13 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

Thread: Drilling in Alaska

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Campbell
    Quote Originally Posted by Tyrone Bigguns
    Quote Originally Posted by texaspackerbacker
    Is it "on the public record" that he wanted her to have an abortion? I'm just curious, since Ty seems to have made all this his business.

How many abortions did Chelsea have? Is that "on the public record" too?

Has Michelle Obama been sleeping around on Barak? Seems like I saw some reference to that in a "public record" at the super market the other day.

For a party that defended extra marital May/December sex in the oval office and subsequent lies under oath to a grand jury, this witch hunt behavior seems more than a little inconsistent.
    For a party that instigated a witch hunt, it seems a bit inconsistent not to expect one.

Not at all. It's a family member, not the elected official themselves. If Chelsea was the one having sex in the oval office, and lying about it in front of grand jury, even Tex wouldn't have called for Bill's impeachment.

This issue is as weak as they come.
    Palin is being talked about..not bristol. Mrs. Palin's family is more than fair game when you present yourself..and the party presents her as a symbol of family values, solid mom, etc. Mrs. Palin's thoughts and policies should be examined as to how they affect all residents of her state...and certainly her daughter qualifies.

P.S. I guess all those stories about billy carter and ruth carter were just...well, i imagined them. Same goes for ron jr and the rest of his RR's family.

P.P.S. Wouldn't be in this mess if Mac had the courage of his convictions and went with Joe..or KBH. But, when you sell your soul...these types of things happen.

Quote Originally Posted by Freak Out
    Quote Originally Posted by mraynrand
    Quote Originally Posted by Freak Out
    The sad thing about this is that there are plenty of things to focus on that should affect this election in regards to Palin but so many only care about moose hunting credentials and teen sex. But that's modern American politics.
    How about moose sex and teens hunting?
    Seeing as how you brought it up...as a teen while hunting moose in November once I came upon a older bull with a small harem who was saddled up....I didn't have the heart to kill him.
    You should have. Quite clearly a liberal moose not following good normal american values.

One moose, one cow!

Soon to be a republican plank.

Quote Originally Posted by SkinBasket
    I find it interesting that the conservatives here in this forum were hopping mad about Obama not helping out his distant stepbrother, but find the idea of talking about Palin's abstinence education stance (how is that working for ya Sarah!) and her daughter being pregnant as being outside the pale.

The hypocrisy on this forum never ceases to amaze.
    I'm really not seeing how you're pretending to compare these things to one another.
    Of course you don't. And, you further show your lack of ability to even meaningfully discuss by insulting me. Super!
    Well that certainly clears things up. Thanks for making that link and expounding on your infallible non-argument.

How did I insult you again?
    "You're all very smart, and I'm very dumb." - Partial

I find it interesting that the conservatives here in this forum were hopping mad about Obama not helping out his distant stepbrother, but find the idea of talking about Palin's abstinence education stance (how is that working for ya Sarah!) and her daughter being pregnant as being outside the pale.

I'm really not seeing how you're pretending to compare these things to one another.
    Of course you don't. And, you further show your lack of ability to even meaningfully discuss by insulting me. Super!
    Well that certainly clears things up. Thanks for making that link and expounding on your infallible non-argument.

I explained my position..and for you to claim otherwise is asinine. But, why would one address you, when you don't take what i say as serious? The word "pretending" certainly doesn't give me the warm and fuzzies.

And, you continue with the insults. Super!!

I think Campbell Brown should wander around the Upper West Side asking random people “why didn’t you guys do a better job of vetting Obama? Do you really think he is ready to be President” with an incredulous expression on her face.
    After lunch the players lounged about the hotel patio watching the surf fling white plumes high against the darkening sky. Clouds were piling up in the west… Vince Lombardi frowned.

Mrs. Palin's family is more than fair game when you present yourself..and the party presents her as a symbol of family values, solid mom, etc.

I don't remember anyone "presenting her as a symbol" of anything. She's on McCains ticket as the VP. If all we were looking for was a " symbol of family values, solid mom", McCain could have selected Mrs. Cunningham.

with 11 long-haired friends of Jesus in a chartreuse microbus
    Quote Originally Posted by HarveyWallbangers
    BTW, the soon to be husband never wanted kids. So, let's not pretend that they are some romeo and juliet and were dying to get married.
    How does not wanting kids == not being in love or not wanting to get married?
    Ty is a member of the family, and/or he feels empowered to make facts up, just like his libel-spewing hero Andrew Sullivan.
    You should check yourself...cause you just look even more stupid.

His not wanting kids is public record.
    You went far beyond that simple fact. You have inside knowledge about what the love is like - whether it is like 'Romeo and Juliet' etc.. You make up facts as they suit you. You could work for the Star!

But that's only half the equation. Your hero, the epitome of your value system of your history and culture is a libeler. And you are following in his footsteps. I guess your value system says it's OK to libel, just so long as it suits your goals.

Wow, this thread turned nasty in a hurry. Time to lighten things up with a little banter with old Tex....

Quote Originally Posted by texaspackerbacker
    "pandering to the religious right"--Hoosier's words--is actually code for appealing to good old American NORMALCY--the wonderful views and values that are prevalent with the vast majority of decent family oriented generally apolitical, but staunchly America-loving Americans.

Choosing somebody like Palin who so typifies this kind of NORMALCY really highlights how out of touch and downright evil the Dem/lib leadership is, along with the sick collection of weirdo groups and agendas that were flaunted at the DNC.

The beauty of our convention system is that practically all Americans--except maybe those so disinterested that they probably won't vote anyway--get to see and here exactly what the two parties choose to emphasize, exactly what the candidates and other party leaders are for and against, etc.--all of it UNFILTERED by the God damned leftist mainstream media.

Of course, like in 2000 and 2004, when that happens the hopes and chances of the Democrats go right in the toilet.

A lot of people on TV and elsewhere are writing off Republican chances in Congressional elections. Maybe, but I certainly don't see that as quite so clear cut. Logically, there too the evil media influence lessens as the election approaches, and the views and positions of the candidates become known.
    That sounds great, but unfortunately experience has long taught us that behind the shrillest voices for what you call "normalcy" there lurks a foot-tapping pervert waiting to get out.

Hegel once wrote that the gaze that finds evil everywhere in the world is the true source of evil. I propose that the same logic holds for those who can't stop talking about the corruption of "normalcy".

Peggy Noonan doesn't share y'all's optimism and good cheer about the Palin nomination.

http://voices.washingtonpost.com/the...t_the_hot.html

with 11 long-haired friends of Jesus in a chartreuse microbus
    Quote Originally Posted by hoosier
    Peggy Noonan doesn't share y'all's optimism and good cheer about the Palin nomination.

Have you listened to her lately? I can't remember the last time she showed god cheer about anything!

Quote Originally Posted by hoosier

Have you listened to her lately? I can't remember the last time she showed god cheer about anything!
    We should dub her the anti-Tex.

Quote Originally Posted by HarveyWallbangers
    BTW, the soon to be husband never wanted kids. So, let's not pretend that they are some romeo and juliet and were dying to get married.
    How does not wanting kids == not being in love or not wanting to get married?
    Ty is a member of the family, and/or he feels empowered to make facts up, just like his libel-spewing hero Andrew Sullivan.
    You should check yourself...cause you just look even more stupid.

His not wanting kids is public record.
    You went far beyond that simple fact. You have inside knowledge about what the love is like - whether it is like 'Romeo and Juliet' etc.. You make up facts as they suit you. You could work for the Star!

But that's only half the equation. Your hero, the epitome of your value system of your history and culture is a libeler. And you are following in his footsteps. I guess your value system says it's OK to libel, just so long as it suits your goals.
    Nice try.

1. I used quotes. I never said what her thoughts were. But, as a conservative american woman i think we all can pretty much guess that she insn't in favor of pre marital sex..and now she thinks that Levi should do the right thing by her daughter.

2. hero. You must be following the Atwater school of lying. I have never said Sullivan is my hero.

You are my hero. Your obstinacy inspires me.

Mrs. Palin's family is more than fair game when you present yourself..and the party presents her as a symbol of family values, solid mom, etc.

I don't remember anyone "presenting her as a symbol" of anything. She's on McCains ticket as the VP. If all we were looking for was a " symbol of family values, solid mom", McCain could have selected Mrs. Cunningham.

It would be nice if you joined reality sometime. I guess the evangelicals swooning over her was because she baked a mean pie.

I think Sarah just sent a big shout out to Tex. She didn't actually use the term "god damned america hate'n leftist media", but she sure implied it.

I explained my position..and for you to claim otherwise is asinine. But, why would one address you, when you don't take what i say as serious? The word "pretending" certainly doesn't give me the warm and fuzzies.

You didn't explain shit, you cock snorkel. See, now I've insulted you, you dirty uterus. You presented us with two disparate statements about two different people in completely different situations and contexts. Then you pronounced your moral superiority over everyone else because apparently you see something than no one else can see and that you yourself cannot seem to explain or expound upon.

Tom eats apples. Sally likes pears. Fucking hypocrites.

Argue that you crotch critter, because that's about all you gave us to work with with your post.

Super duper anal lubber!!
    "You're all very smart, and I'm very dumb." - Partial

It would be nice if you joined reality sometime.

....says the putz constantly pretending to be an angry black man.

You didn't explain shit, you cock snorkel. See, now I've insulted you, you dirty uterus. You presented us with two disparate statements about two different people in completely different situations and contexts. Then you pronounced your moral superiority over everyone else because apparently you see something than no one else can see and that you yourself cannot seem to explain or expound upon.

Tom eats apples. Sally likes pears. Fucking hypocrites.

Argue that you crotch critter, because that's about all you gave us to work with with your post.

Super duper anal lubber!!
    THose insults a find humorous. Keep them up.

Expound: Right. I guess my posts don't fulfill your criteria so they dont' count.

Moral superiority: Pot, meet kettle.

It would be nice if you joined reality sometime.

....says the putz constantly pretending to be an angry black man.
    Try and not mix your ethnic groups.

Palin only lied on a few occasions so I'm cool with her now.
    C.H.U.D.