Quote Originally Posted by sheepshead
Quote Originally Posted by texaspackerbacker
Quote Originally Posted by HowardRoark
Colorado moved to toss-up from the Dems overnight.

http://www.rasmussenreports.com/publ...tial_election/
election_2008_electoral_college_update
Exactly, and on top of that, you have poll results skewed in favor of Obama because there are so many Hispanics in Colorado (and New Mexico) aren't going to tell the pollsters, but who wouldn't be caught dead voting for a black guy.
I actually think Barry has to be UP 10 or more points to be even for a variety of reasons, this being one of them.
Another one of those is that there are a lot of women who wouldn't tell pollsters, but when voting time comes, will vote to get a woman a heartbeat away from the presidency. I mean women who probably wouldn't be voting Republican anyway. They, of course, make up 53% of the voting population, and in places like Ohio, Pennsylvania, Michigan, maybe Minnesota, maybe even Wisconsin, it wouldn't take many to tip the scales.

In addition, the Dems say men are switching to Obama, compensating for women going to McCain. I can just see union guys up north saying no way I'll vote for that woman--then turning around and doing it. Ain't the secret ballot wonderful!