Page 1 of 19 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

Thread: Stick a fork in this moron.

Stick a fork in this moron.

Obama: 'Lipstick on a pig'

Amie Parnes reports from Lebanon, VA:

Obama poked fun of McCain and Palin's new "change" mantra.

"You can put lipstick on a pig," he said as the crowd cheered. "It's still a pig."

"You can wrap an old fish in a piece of paper called change. It's still gonna stink."

"We've had enough of the same old thing."

The crowd apparently took the "lipstick" line as a reference to Palin, who described the difference between a hockey mom and a pit bull in a single word: "lipstick."
    Lombardi told Starr to "Run it, and let's get the hell out of here!" - 'Ice Bowl' December 31, 1967

I hope he keeps up with this shit. It'll give those few remaining undecided voters the clearest possible view of who he really is....

Good Lord.

Please...........I hardly think that's what he meant.

An old time expression..you guys are really reaching.

I guess it was ok for torie clark (former comm dir in the bush admin and mccain advisor) to use that as the title of her book.

At least he didn't say it's still an uppity pig.

Actually, those are some of the more intelligent things Obama has said--taking away his teleprompter does wonders.

Four straight days now, the Gallup Poll--the most respected and reputed to be objective poll--has had McCain/Palin up by 4 to 6 percentage points.

Go ahead and stick that fork in Obama. He indeed is done.
    What could be more GOOD and NORMAL and AMERICAN than Packer Football?

Ty is on 24 hour damage control these days.
    "You're all very smart, and I'm very dumb." - Partial

Quote Originally Posted by SkinBasket
    LOL

Man, we aren't even close to the election. All this stuff is pretty inconsequential.

Don't have to do much..as the electoral college clearly, at this moment, favors Obama.

Clearly.

Quote Originally Posted by Tyrone Bigguns
    LOL

Man, we aren't even close to the election. All this stuff is pretty inconsequential.

Don't have to do much..as the electoral college clearly, at this moment, favors Obama.
    Many of the state polls used to determine the Electoral College standings, however, were conducted before the conventions.
    http://www.cnn.com/2008/POLITICS/09/...rss_topstories

Twisting and turning. turning & twisting. That's the Tyrone way!

Nice daily updated here too...Colorado, Nevada, Virginia. you guys will get all the ads on TV.

http://www.rasmussenreports.com/publ...college_update
    After lunch the players lounged about the hotel patio watching the surf fling white plumes high against the darkening sky. Clouds were piling up in the west… Vince Lombardi frowned.

Quote Originally Posted by retailguy
    LOL

Many of the state polls used to determine the Electoral College standings, however, were conducted before the conventions.
    http://www.cnn.com/2008/POLITICS/09/...rss_topstories

Twisting and turning. turning & twisting. That's the Tyrone way!
    Who said differently? Should we not go on the last available data? You are a freakin moron.

But, as Howard posts...Obama still up. Buhbye.

If Obama and Biden can win their argument on the issues, I have no problem.

But both Biden and Obama have lately come across as condescending. Even if you discount the lipstick on a pig comments, they have still belittled Palin.

If Obama wasn't worried he wouldn't be having a flock of DNC lawyers dropped into Anchorage to dig up whatever dirt they could find on Palin.
    http://online.wsj.com/article/SB1220...olitical_diary

Face it, even though McCain is far from a charismatic figure, has a veep choice that may just energize independents enough to win it.

If Obama and Biden continue their current tack of patronizing toward McCain-Palin, they will go down.
    -digital dean

No "TROLLS" allowed!

My goodness. I didn't know that I missed the vote. That's too bad.

Oh, wait. You mean up in those telephone survey polls? Those ones conducted mainly during working hours? The same ones that can't seem to explain the sudden conservative (read: employed) turnout?

Whew. I thought for a moment the fight was already lost.

I don't know...thankfully I'm not in a battleground state, but they do seem to have a talent for calling me at dinnertime....
    "Greatness is not an act... but a habit.Greatness is not an act... but a habit." -Greg Jennings

My goodness. I didn't know that I missed the vote. That's too bad.

Oh, wait. You mean up in those telephone survey polls? Those ones conducted mainly during working hours? The same ones that can't seem to explain the sudden conservative (read: employed) turnout?

Whew. I thought for a moment the fight was already lost.
    Ok. Please explain to your brethren then that the Gallup/ras/etc..mean nothing then.

Yours is a specious argument.

Can't explain..really? I guess all the pundits on fox explaining the palin bounce, the independents moving towards mccain, etc. are just figments of my imagination.

just figments of my imagination.
    I think you have a lot of figments. Or delusions. Specifying between the two might be difficult.

This race is far from over. Palin has little to no political history so the digging will die down soon enough and unless "troopergate" really gets legs it is going to come down to the debates and the issues like it should. There are a load of things really outside any of these wankers control that could play a big part in the outcome of the election but we'll see what happens in the next 40 days or so.
    The polls and a bounce mean zero at the moment.
    The specter of Dubya could yet play a very detrimental part as well.
    C.H.U.D.

The World is watching very closely. The good news is, the World is in a Win/Win situation. Both candidates are light years better than Dubbya. So, the World gets improvement, no matter who you'all elect.

Ty in this case perception is reality. There is no two ways out of this one whatever the intent was.

I'm not sure he was necessarily being malicious but one thing is certain, he's an arrogant jerk.

Remember Barry, when you point a finger, three are pointing back at you.

What would you guys be saying if McCain said something similar about Michelle O?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yZd_Y_D-RaA
    Lombardi told Starr to "Run it, and let's get the hell out of here!" - 'Ice Bowl' December 31, 1967