Page 11 of 19 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 ... LastLast

Thread: Stick a fork in this moron.

Quote Originally Posted by bobblehead
    This is about race and nothing else.
    No, it's not. We're witnessing the fracturing of the Republican party here, folks. The political alliance between the christian right, the corporate right, the neocon foreign policy hawks is broken and done for. Moderates like Powell and Hagel are coming to the realization that their party is dominated by extremists. Too bad it took so long for that to sink in.

Quote Originally Posted by MJZiggy
    Quote Originally Posted by Joemailman
    Quote Originally Posted by sheepshead
    As Rush said, who was the last inexperienced liberal white guy Powell endorsed? This is racial, so sad to see a fine man being reduced to decisions made by skin color.
    I hope Rush never tells you to go jump off a cliff. We'd miss you. As Powell said, if his decision was based on race, he could have made this announcement a long time ago.
    ah yes the mindless robot attack...very nice. Next time you give someone credit for your post can i hope that person never tells you to go jump off a cliff....again...when is the last time powell endorsed an inexperienced liberal white guy? This is about race and nothing else.
    When's the last time an inexperienced white guy ran for president? I'm pretty sure he endorsed a white guy last time around.
    Point was more towards liberal...as in colin powell is a republican who endorses republicans....now all of a sudden he is endorsing the most liberal member of the senate over a war hero....why do you suppose that might be?
    I don't hold Grudges. It's counterproductive.

Quote Originally Posted by hoosier
    This is about race and nothing else.
    No, it's not. We're witnessing the fracturing of the Republican party here, folks. The political alliance between the christian right, the corporate right, the neocon foreign policy hawks is broken and done for. Moderates like Powell and Hagel are coming to the realization that their party is dominated by extremists. Too bad it took so long for that to sink in.
    No, if it were dominated by extremists..as in extremist small gov't, lower taxes, less spending types they would have a huge majority still. It was only when the party became mealy mouthed stay in power spenders and promisers that they lost their majority. You are exactly dead opposite wrong in how you are percieving things...but you aren't alone, the same stay in power spenders don't get it, they think they lost cuz they weren't liberal enough and the chemo for the republican party is going to be the '08 election.
    I don't hold Grudges. It's counterproductive.

As Rush said, who was the last inexperienced liberal white guy Powell endorsed? This is racial, so sad to see a fine man being reduced to decisions made by skin color.
    I hope Rush never tells you to go jump off a cliff. We'd miss you. As Powell said, if his decision was based on race, he could have made this announcement a long time ago.
    ah yes the mindless robot attack...very nice. Next time you give someone credit for your post can i hope that person never tells you to go jump off a cliff....again...when is the last time powell endorsed an inexperienced liberal white guy? This is about race and nothing else.
    When's the last time an inexperienced white guy ran for president? I'm pretty sure he endorsed a white guy last time around.
    Point was more towards liberal...as in colin powell is a republican who endorses republicans....now all of a sudden he is endorsing the most liberal member of the senate over a war hero....why do you suppose that might be?
    It might be because the other candidate has 1) run an extremely negative campaign largely devoid of constructive ideas for fixing the economic crisis we're currently in; and 2) chose a VP candidate who is clearly both unqualified for the position and out of touch with the majority of voters. Or it could be that he just thinks Obama, for reasons of personality, demeanor, intelligence, and whatever, is more likely to be able to show real political leadership at a time when this country desparately needs it.

Your insinuation that Powell would endorse Obama simply because he is black is itself based on a silly little racial stereotype--that blacks always stick together. If you had been following Powell's political and professional career over the last few decades you would know that he doesn't fit that in the least.

Rush made those comments from Appleton prior to attending the Packer Game!
    Lombardi told Starr to "Run it, and let's get the hell out of here!" - 'Ice Bowl' December 31, 1967

Bobble....did you listen to what Powell said? Did you listen to all the reasons he gave for endorsing Hussein and not Mac and Palin?

with 11 long-haired friends of Jesus in a chartreuse microbus
    Quote Originally Posted by Freak Out
    Bobble....did you listen to what Powell said? Did you listen to all the reasons he gave for endorsing Hussein and not Mac and Palin?
    Eloquence and rhetoric.

I'll paraphrase Mark Steyn who said of Obama: "The music is great, but the lyrics are terrible."
    "Never, never ever support a punk like mraynrand. Rather be as I am and feel real sympathy for his sickness." - Woodbuck

It might be because the other candidate has 1) run an extremely negative campaign largely devoid of constructive ideas for fixing the economic crisis we're currently in; and 2) chose a VP candidate who is clearly both unqualified for the position and out of touch with the majority of voters. Or it could be that he just thinks Obama, for reasons of personality, demeanor, intelligence, and whatever, is more likely to be able to show real political leadership at a time when this country desparately needs it.

Your insinuation that Powell would endorse Obama simply because he is black is itself based on a silly little racial stereotype--that blacks always stick together. If you had been following Powell's political and professional career over the last few decades you would know that he doesn't fit that in the least.
    This is...crap
    Lombardi told Starr to "Run it, and let's get the hell out of here!" - 'Ice Bowl' December 31, 1967

This is...crap
    Care to elaborate or is this the best you've got?
    "Greatness is not an act... but a habit.Greatness is not an act... but a habit." -Greg Jennings

This is...crap
    every word is garbage, the whole premise is flawed.

personality, demeanor, intelligence, and whatever

like this brilliant run down of attributes and qualifications.

It's Colin Powell's opinion and he has every right to endorse any candidate for any reason he chooses--and quite frankly, I'll take his opinion over yours every time he cares to share it. Powell may be a member of the republican party, but he is a moderate. This endorsement does not surprise me in the least. I just wish it were Powell on the ticket instead of McCain.
    "Greatness is not an act... but a habit.Greatness is not an act... but a habit." -Greg Jennings

This is...crap
    every word is garbage, the whole premise is flawed.
    In Muttonhead's case the lyrics are terrible and the music sucks too.

Quote Originally Posted by mraynrand
    Eloquence and rhetoric.

I'll paraphrase Mark Steyn who said of Obama: "The music is great, but the lyrics are terrible."
    You're coming across here as someone who believes what is convenient and discards the rest. I understand that you may not agree with Powell's assessment of the two candidates, but to write what he said off as "eloquence and rhetoric" is to approach Tex-like myopia.

artist: Irving Berlin lyrics
    title: What Can You Do With A General?

[Verse:]
    When the war was over, why, there were jobs galore
    For the G.I. Josephs who were in the war
    But for generals things were not so grand
    And it's not so hard to understand

[Refrain:]
    What can you do with a general
    When he stops being a general?
    Oh, what can you do with a general who retires?

Who's got a job for a general
    When he stops being a general?
    They all get a job but a general no one hires

They fill his chest with medals while he's across the foam
    And they spread the crimson carpet when he comes marching home
    The next day someone hollers when he comes into view
    "Here comes the general" and they all say "General who?"
    They're delighted that he came
    But they can't recall his name

Nobody thinks of assigning him
    When they stop wining and dining him
    It seems this country never has enjoyed
    So many one and two and three and four star generals
    Unemployed

Eloquence and rhetoric.

You're coming across here as someone who believes what is convenient and discards the rest. I understand that you may not agree with Powell's assessment of the two candidates, but to write what he said off as "eloquence and rhetoric" is to approach Tex-like myopia.
    Those were some of his most prominent comments. I considered everything he said, pretty much. I found his explanation for his endorsement overall quite shallow - and transparent. I would have liked some challenging questions asked. My comment on his endorsing Obama for his eloquence and rhetoric was an opportunity for a quip from Steyn that I think sums up the Obama phenomenon quite nicely in a snap shot. I see and talk to a lot of people who love Obama and the whole idea of him as president, but who know relatively little about what he is going to do and what he stands for.
    "Never, never ever support a punk like mraynrand. Rather be as I am and feel real sympathy for his sickness." - Woodbuck

On August 29, McCain announced that Gov. Palin would be his choice for VP.
    It has been reported that the RNC has spent, give or take, $150,000 on her wardrobe, hair and makeup. From 8-29 till today......55 days......that's an average of $2727.27 a day.
    I DO NOT have problem with the RNC spending money making her look her best, whether it be facials, clothes, shoes, whatever.........but to appeal to the large majority of 'middle class'........what was wrong with going to places like Sears, JCPenney, ColdWaterCreek, or even Talbots?
    $2727 is a hefty monthly mortgage payment, it's too much for a daily clothing expenditure.

Edit.........to be fair, if you take it thru Nov 4, 68 days, it does drop to $2205.88

Quote Originally Posted by packinpatland
    It has been reported that the RNC has spent, give or take, $150,000 on her wardrobe, hair and makeup. From 8-29 till today......55 days......that's an average of $2727.27 a day.
    I DO NOT have problem with the RNC spending money making her look her best, whether it be facials, clothes, shoes, whatever.........but to appeal to the large majority of 'middle class'........what was wrong with going to places like Sears, JCPenney, ColdWaterCreek, or even Talbots?
    $2727 is a hefty monthly mortgage payment, it's too much for a daily clothing expenditure.

Edit.........to be fair, if you take it thru Nov 4, 68 days, it does drop to $2205.88
    Very interesting and relevant. But do you think she'll be in favor of surrendering the Golan Heights to Syria?

Very interesting and relevant. But do you think she'll be in favor of surrendering the Golan Heights to Syria?
    No, that isn't an important issue to folks like PIP.

The media and the left like to point out Palin's wardrobe, but wasn't there an article about Michelle Obama getting lobster and caviare with room service. Oh, that sounds like the average person eating at Cracker Barrel. Here' is comes.... We could nit pick that stuff all day long but that's not what is important.

No...she would be in favor of invading Syria to trigger the apocalypse.
    C.H.U.D.