Page 12 of 19 FirstFirst ... 2 10 11 12 13 14 ... LastLast

Thread: Stick a fork in this moron.

Quote Originally Posted by packinpatland
    On August 29, McCain announced that Gov. Palin would be his choice for VP.
    It has been reported that the RNC has spent, give or take, $150,000 on her wardrobe, hair and makeup. From 8-29 till today......55 days......that's an average of $2727.27 a day.
    I DO NOT have problem with the RNC spending money making her look her best, whether it be facials, clothes, shoes, whatever.........but to appeal to the large majority of 'middle class'........what was wrong with going to places like Sears, JCPenney, ColdWaterCreek, or even Talbots?
    $2727 is a hefty monthly mortgage payment, it's too much for a daily clothing expenditure.

Edit.........to be fair, if you take it thru Nov 4, 68 days, it does drop to $2205.88
    This is incredible stuff……did Joe the Plumber uncover it?
    After lunch the players lounged about the hotel patio watching the surf fling white plumes high against the darkening sky. Clouds were piling up in the west… Vince Lombardi frowned.

Quote Originally Posted by LL2
    We could nit pick that stuff all day long but that's not what is important.
    What exactly is important this election?
    After lunch the players lounged about the hotel patio watching the surf fling white plumes high against the darkening sky. Clouds were piling up in the west… Vince Lombardi frowned.

with 11 long-haired friends of Jesus in a chartreuse microbus
    Quote Originally Posted by HowardRoark
    It has been reported that the RNC has spent, give or take, $150,000 on her wardrobe, hair and makeup. From 8-29 till today......55 days......that's an average of $2727.27 a day.
    I DO NOT have problem with the RNC spending money making her look her best, whether it be facials, clothes, shoes, whatever.........but to appeal to the large majority of 'middle class'........what was wrong with going to places like Sears, JCPenney, ColdWaterCreek, or even Talbots?
    $2727 is a hefty monthly mortgage payment, it's too much for a daily clothing expenditure.

Edit.........to be fair, if you take it thru Nov 4, 68 days, it does drop to $2205.88
    This is incredible stuff……did Joe the Plumber uncover it?
    I'd like to uncover it.
    "Never, never ever support a punk like mraynrand. Rather be as I am and feel real sympathy for his sickness." - Woodbuck

Quote Originally Posted by mraynrand

Very interesting and relevant. But do you think she'll be in favor of surrendering the Golan Heights to Syria?
    No, that isn't an important issue to folks like PIP.

The media and the left like to point out Palin's wardrobe, but wasn't there an article about Michelle Obama getting lobster and caviare with room service. Oh, that sounds like the average person eating at Cracker Barrel. Here' is comes.... We could nit pick that stuff all day long but that's not what is important.
    Cracker Barrel? Isn't that racist?
    "Never, never ever support a punk like mraynrand. Rather be as I am and feel real sympathy for his sickness." - Woodbuck

Very interesting and relevant. But do you think she'll be in favor of surrendering the Golan Heights to Syria?

The media and the left like to point out Palin's wardrobe, but wasn't there an article about Michelle Obama getting lobster and caviare with room service. Oh, that sounds like the average person eating at Cracker Barrel. Here' is comes.... We could nit pick that stuff all day long but that's not what is important.
    No, at least not to me. My family is white and we love Cracker Barrel.

You guys are too much. Michele Obama wasn't even staying at the Waldorf.

My point was this.......the RNC is spending alot of money on 'window dressing'.

"But do you think she'll be in favor of surrendering the Golan Heights to Syria?"

President Bush has reportedly told Syrian President Bashar Assad that he will press Israel to withdraw from the Golan Heights if Syria vows to cut its relations with Iran.
    At the Vice Presidential debate Mrs Palin said, concerning this land: “a two-state solution is the solution.”
    Maybe in her expanded role as VP, using her brand-new passport, she can fly on over there and broker a deal.

8 years as vice president and 8 years as president, I'd say that's a pretty good investment!!

http://www.breitbart.com/article.php...show_article=1
    Lombardi told Starr to "Run it, and let's get the hell out of here!" - 'Ice Bowl' December 31, 1967

And of course, you're just as interested in what the other side is spending on 'window dressing,' right? Riiiiiiggghht.

[quote="mraynrand"]

And of course, you're just as interested in what the other side is spending on 'window dressing,' right? Riiiiiiggghht.

Of course I am.........you got the numbers?

[quote="packinpatland"]

I'm sure they will talk about them on CNN and MSNBC tonight. Just tune in at your regular time.

[quote="packinpatland"]

Nobody is looking to character assasinate Obama or Biden.... Therefore no one has pulled the numbers together. The fact that you don't have them readily available should prove to you that there is a demonstrated media bias towards attacking Palin on anything they can find.

This is almost as despicable as it was when they "talked" about Cindy McCains $300k wardrobe....

There is no end to this.... That should mean something to those on the left, but it's "win at any cost"....

[quote="retailguy"]

Nobody is looking to character assasinate Obama or Biden.... Therefore no one has pulled the numbers together. The fact that you don't have them readily available should prove to you that there is a demonstrated media bias towards attacking Palin on anything they can find.

This is almost as despicable as it was when they "talked" about Cindy McCains $300k wardrobe....

There is no end to this.... That should mean something to those on the left, but it's "win at any cost"....
    You mean nobody outside of the McCain-Palin campaign and the right-wing media that supports them, right?

My family is white and we love Cracker Barrel.
    Typical white folks.

Maybe in her expanded role as VP, using her brand-new passport, she can fly on over there and broker a deal.
    As opposed to Biden who'll show the Syrians his impressive collection of passport stamps to effect change?

You get hot just looking at them all don't you? Imagine if he let you TOUCH them? Image what the Syrians will do! Hell, al-Assad might just take him deep before agreeing to become our 58th state.
    "You're all very smart, and I'm very dumb." - Partial

And, here comes the hypocrisy. You and the rest of your conservative brethren were all over Edwards and his attention to grooming. You and the rest were all over Clinton's expensive haircuts.

But, now, it isn't relevant.

There wasn't an article because it was a RUMOR. A rumor that has subsequently been disproven.

You might want to actually read the news and not just get it from Rush's mouth. The Post ran a retraction...oh, i guess it wasnt' in the media. Guess the Post isnt' media.

Obama wasn't even staying at the Waldorf.

But, where are the retractions from the rightwing blogosphere.

Corrections have yet to appear at USS Neverdock, Atlas Shrugs, Clayton Cramer, American Power, Sweetness & Light, Flopping Aces, and a million other rightwing citizen journalist outlets where the story was disseminated. But don't worry, it'll all be forgotten as soon as they get those new Michelle Obama tapes!

Game, Set, Match.

Quote Originally Posted by Tyrone Bigguns

And, here comes the hypocrisy. You and the rest of your conservative brethren were all over Edwards and his attention to grooming. You and the rest were all over Clinton's expensive haircuts.

Holy shit. Edwards is a guy. I know it's probably hard for you to tell. Most guys think it's pretty weird for a guy to blow hundreds on a haircut when most of us get a 10-20 dollar hair cut, wash our hair with a bar of soap, dry it with a towel and 'comb' it with our hands half the time. Women's clothes and hair are a whole different ball game - didn't you figure that out - you were married, right? My wife is totally low maintenance and she outspends me 10 to one on clothes.

Plus the point is that it's totally one sided (again) and another attempt at a gotcha. Maybe Palin should just wear some sweats and jogging shoes.
    -------
    Did Clinton get expensive haircuts? I thought the criticism was that he held up flights waiting to get a haircut - not the cost. But I didn't much care.

Corrections have yet to appear at USS Neverdock, Atlas Shrugs, Clayton Cramer, American Power, Sweetness & Light, Flopping Aces, and a million other rightwing citizen journalist outlets where the story was disseminated. But don't worry, it'll all be forgotten as soon as they get those new Michelle Obama tapes!

Game, Set, Match.
    I gotta check out that Atlas Shrugs site. Sounds interesting.

Holy shit. Edwards is a guy. I know it's probably hard for you to tell. Most guys think it's pretty weird for a guy to blow hundreds on a haircut when most of us get a 10-20 dollar hair cut, wash our hair with a bar of soap, dry it with a towel and 'comb' it with our hands half the time. Women's clothes and hair are a whole different ball game - didn't you figure that out - you were married, right? My wife is totally low maintenance and she outspends me 10 to one on clothes.

Plus the point is that it's totally one sided (again) and another attempt at a gotcha. Maybe Palin should just wear some sweats and jogging shoes.
    -------
    Did Clinton get expensive haircuts? I thought the criticism was that he held up flights waiting to get a haircut - not the cost. But I didn't much care.
    Right. All the comments regarding Edwards were about how wierd it was. You are caught red handed and you don't have the intellectual honesty to come clean.

No matter how you spin it..edwards hair, clinton's hair or waiting for a jet..have nothing to do with substantive issues.

..edwards hair, clinton's hair or waiting for a jet..have nothing to do with substantive issues.
    I agree.