Page 2 of 19 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast

Thread: Stick a fork in this moron.

with 11 long-haired friends of Jesus in a chartreuse microbus
    not really confined to Obama:

"One can only hope that John McCain has an awfully big tube of lipstick, because he’ll need it to put lipstick on that pig."
    http://canarypapers.wordpress.com/20...h-sarah-palin/

"Joe Biden makes Sarah Palin look like a Lipstick-Wearing-Pig"
    http://whitenoiseinsanity.wordpress....k-wearing-pig/

"The "PIG with LIPSTICK", Sarah PALIN finds out "TROOPER-GATE" SCANDAL goes to COURT with VERDICT coming before NOVEMBER 2008 ELECTION"
    http://boards.msn.com/MSNBCboards/th...hreadid=772177

Quote Originally Posted by Tarlam!
    The World is watching very closely. The good news is, the World is in a Win/Win situation. Both candidates are light years better than Dubbya. So, the World gets improvement, no matter who you'all elect.
    Tarlam...does the U.S. political scene get coverage in the press (print and TV media) in Europe and England? What are they saying about Obama/Biden and McCain/Palin?

Quote Originally Posted by packinpatland
    Please...........I hardly think that's what he meant.
    Maybe not...but the Dems and the media would have a quite a day with it if McCain said anything about lipstick on a pig...and many would think they were referring to Hilary.

with 11 long-haired friends of Jesus in a chartreuse microbus
    Quote Originally Posted by LL2
    Maybe not...but the Dems and the media would have a quite a day with it if McCain said anything about lipstick on a pig...and many would think they were referring to Hilary.
    The Dems would. But in the end it won't mean much. Just like the lipstick jab at Palin. Ultimately, it's just a jab - and it is a play off her most memorabl line from the convention. It was a good comeback. The Dems are going to give her hell and she has to take it and dish it back. It's going to be a battle. Plus, let's be honest about the actual jab - 'lipstick on a pig' isn't calling the person a pig - it's a general comment about someone's political appeal, and how you can't pretty it up with lipstick. Next.

Quote Originally Posted by mraynrand
    The Dems would. But in the end it won't mean much. Just like the lipstick jab at Palin. Ultimately, it's just a jab - and it is a play off her most memorabl line from the convention. It was a good comeback. The Dems are going to give her hell and she has to take it and dish it back. It's going to be a battle. Plus, let's be honest about the actual jab - 'lipstick on a pig' isn't calling the person a pig - it's a general comment about someone's political appeal, and how you can't pretty it up with lipstick. Next.
    I take back (at least partially) what I said in the other thread about hypocrisy. Mraynrand may well be the poster with whom I disagree most in here on political issues, but his intellectual honesty is unquestionable.

The World is watching very closely. The good news is, the World is in a Win/Win situation. Both candidates are light years better than Dubbya. So, the World gets improvement, no matter who you'all elect.
    Tarlam...does the U.S. political scene get coverage in the press (print and TV media) in Europe and England? What are they saying about Obama/Biden and McCain/Palin?
    That's a good question. Tarlam, I know you have said in the past that Dem/lib candidates get a lot more positive media coverage. Obviously, they would be fascinated by Barak Obama. But with the Palin factor now in play, are most Europeans--media as well as regular people--star-struck with her? Or negative about her because of her generally conservative/pro-American attitude? Or something else altogether?
    What could be more GOOD and NORMAL and AMERICAN than Packer Football?

Tell your friends across the pond that every cheer for Obama means another 250,000 votes for McCain. We don't like outsiders meddling in our business ESPECIALLY national politics.
    Lombardi told Starr to "Run it, and let's get the hell out of here!" - 'Ice Bowl' December 31, 1967

Colorado moved to toss-up from the Dems overnight.

http://www.rasmussenreports.com/publ...college_update
    After lunch the players lounged about the hotel patio watching the surf fling white plumes high against the darkening sky. Clouds were piling up in the west… Vince Lombardi frowned.

Quote Originally Posted by sheepshead
    Ty in this case perception is reality. There is no two ways out of this one whatever the intent was.

I'm not sure he was necessarily being malicious but one thing is certain, he's an arrogant jerk.

Remember Barry, when you point a finger, three are pointing back at you.

What would you guys be saying if McCain said something similar about Michelle O?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yZd_Y_D-RaA

Since you seem really knowledgeable about politics, I assume you know that McCain used the same phrase while talking about Hillary's health care plan earlier this year.
    http://blogs.abcnews.com/politicalpu...ish-debat.html
    September 09, 2008 8:42 PM

Last October, asked about Sen. Hillary Clinton's health care plan, Sen. John McCain, R-Ariz., was blunt.

McCain said Clinton's proposal was “eerily” similar to the ill-fated plan she devised in 1993.

“I think they put some lipstick on a pig,” he said, “but it’s still a pig.”

A common expression, right?

McCain surely wasn't calling Clinton a pig.

After all, McCain's former press secretary, Torie Clarke, wrote a book called "Lipstick on a Pig: Winning in the No-Spin Era."

Now McCain is running an internet ad accusing Obama of a smear for using the same phrase he used against Clinton. Maybe he should accuse Obama of plagiarism instead. Not that I would want to accuse Saint John of hypocrisy or anything...

Quote Originally Posted by HowardRoark

http://www.rasmussenreports.com/publ...tial_election/
    election_2008_electoral_college_update
    Exactly, and on top of that, you have poll results skewed in favor of Obama because there are so many Hispanics in Colorado (and New Mexico) aren't going to tell the pollsters, but who wouldn't be caught dead voting for a black guy.

Quote Originally Posted by texaspackerbacker
    That's a good question. Tarlam, I know you have said in the past that Dem/lib candidates get a lot more positive media coverage. Obviously, they would be fascinated by Barak Obama. But with the Palin factor now in play, are most Europeans--media as well as regular people--star-struck with her? Or negative about her because of her generally conservative/pro-American attitude? Or something else altogether?
    Absolutely! The extent of the coverage obviously plays out to how much local news there is. But, the US election is world news topic #1. I've lived in Australia and Europe and both parts of the world are totally tuned into the US Presidential Elections.

The interesting thing for me is, the world has no bias towards your elections. The press reall call it as they see it.

Palin has really changed the dynmics of the election. Many Euros are concerned by McCains age. He is one vintage dude. Palin coming in as his backstop has really helped his image in many Euo minds.

Quote Originally Posted by Joemailman
    Ty in this case perception is reality. There is no two ways out of this one whatever the intent was.

I'm not sure he was necessarily being malicious but one thing is certain, he's an arrogant jerk.

Remember Barry, when you point a finger, three are pointing back at you.

What would you guys be saying if McCain said something similar about Michelle O?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yZd_Y_D-RaA

Since you seem really knowledgeable about politics, I assume you know that McCain used the same phrase while talking about Hillary's health care plan earlier this year.
    http://blogs.abcnews.com/politicalpu...ish-debat.html
    September 09, 2008 8:42 PM

Last October, asked about Sen. Hillary Clinton's health care plan, Sen. John McCain, R-Ariz., was blunt.

McCain said Clinton's proposal was “eerily” similar to the ill-fated plan she devised in 1993.

“I think they put some lipstick on a pig,” he said, “but it’s still a pig.”

A common expression, right?

McCain surely wasn't calling Clinton a pig.

After all, McCain's former press secretary, Torie Clarke, wrote a book called "Lipstick on a Pig: Winning in the No-Spin Era."

Now McCain is running an internet ad accusing Obama of a smear for using the same phrase he used against Clinton. Maybe he should accuse Obama of plagiarism instead. Not that I would want to accuse Saint John of hypocrisy or anything...
    It really doesnt matter what you and I think now does it.
    Lombardi told Starr to "Run it, and let's get the hell out of here!" - 'Ice Bowl' December 31, 1967

Exactly, and on top of that, you have poll results skewed in favor of Obama because there are so many Hispanics in Colorado (and New Mexico) aren't going to tell the pollsters, but who wouldn't be caught dead voting for a black guy.
    I actually think Barry has to be UP 10 or more points to be even for a variety of reasons, this being one of them.

Absolutely! The extent of the coverage obviously plays out to how much local news there is. But, the US election is world news topic #1. I've lived in Australia and Europe and both parts of the world are totally tuned into the US Presidential Elections.

The interesting thing for me is, the world has no bias towards your elections. The press reall call it as they see it.

Palin has really changed the dynmics of the election. Many Euros are concerned by McCains age. He is one vintage dude. Palin coming in as his backstop has really helped his image in many Euo minds.
    Probably because Euro's have seen a hottie lead a country since Margaret Thatcher.

IMO, the biggest gaffe so far has been Biden PUBLICALLY ADMITING that Clinton would've been a better choice as a VP by Obama.

All McCain has to do is play that over and over again between now and November, and the election is his. You can't have your VP publically say he was not the best choice...and have any hope of convincing voters that you deserve the presidency.

Biden = dumbass
    Obama = bigger dumbass for choosing him

Obama would have the White House locked up right now if his ego wasn't so monstrous that he could have selected Clinton as his VP.

That is precisely how Ronald Reagan won in 1980...hard fought primary with Bush Sr. but took him as a running mate. Two landslide elections later, Reagan clearly made the smart choice.

Obama? Not so smart. Why do I want a dumbass like that running the nation? I thought we were looking for a CHANGE from the current dumbass. Guess not. You can put lipstick on a pig...but it is still a dumbass pig.
    My signature has NUDITY in it...whatcha gonna do?

I actually think Barry has to be UP 10 or more points to be even for a variety of reasons, this being one of them.
    Another one of those is that there are a lot of women who wouldn't tell pollsters, but when voting time comes, will vote to get a woman a heartbeat away from the presidency. I mean women who probably wouldn't be voting Republican anyway. They, of course, make up 53% of the voting population, and in places like Ohio, Pennsylvania, Michigan, maybe Minnesota, maybe even Wisconsin, it wouldn't take many to tip the scales.

In addition, the Dems say men are switching to Obama, compensating for women going to McCain. I can just see union guys up north saying no way I'll vote for that woman--then turning around and doing it. Ain't the secret ballot wonderful!

Ok, talking with a friend who pays attention to politiking south of the border, and he said the feeling is that the reason Obama didn't pick Clinton as a running mate was because he didn't want Bill back in the White House - it would be a monster shadown, especially early in the term. Who's going to tell Bill he can't attend a meeting? Who's chair is that in the oval office - a guy who had it for 8yrs, or the guy who's been there for 8 minutes?

On another note, we're having our own federal election in these parts. The Conservatives just ran an add showing a pigeon pooping on the Liberal leader's head.
    --
    Imagine for a moment a world without hypothetical situations...

Those pigeons can really be insightful.

Clinton's having Obama for lunch today. Or should i say, they had lunch together.

You mentioned the downside of having Clinton (Bill) around the White House. The upside is maybe getting some of Bill's leftovers. :P

I think I found the poll that addresses this...
    http://news.yahoo.com/s/uc/20080906/...tIO04AzgWt8c8F
    "Greatness is not an act... but a habit.Greatness is not an act... but a habit." -Greg Jennings

Quote Originally Posted by MJZiggy

I think I found the poll that addresses this...
    http://news.yahoo.com/s/uc/20080906/...tIO04AzgWt8c8F
    I think that's a no brainer that racist will not be voting for Obama. I think Condoleeza Rice should've run for president. We would've had the first African-American and woman as president!