Page 6 of 19 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 16 ... LastLast

Thread: Stick a fork in this moron.

McCain suspends his campaign, wants to postpone the debate.
    Then he gives a speech at The Clinton Global Initiative..........no less than 3 times he said "If I were elected President...."

As Letterman suggested..........why suspend the campaign? Send out your 2nd in command, your VP............alone ( ) to carry on.

http://utubecom.magnify.net/publish/...man%2C+sept+24

with 11 long-haired friends of Jesus in a chartreuse microbus
    Quote Originally Posted by packinpatland
    Then he gives a speech at The Clinton Global Initiative..........no less than 3 times he said "If I were elected President...."

As Letterman suggested..........why suspend the campaign? Send out your 2nd in command, your VP............alone ( ) to carry on.

In McCain's announcement yesterday he said he was suspending his campaign but would give that talk. I's a political move of course, bu ton two fronts - to make himself look better in the campaign and to actually go to Washington where he has a track record of bipartisan accomplishments (for better or for worse).

Why don't you just write in 'Letterman' on your ballot?
    "Never, never ever support a punk like mraynrand. Rather be as I am and feel real sympathy for his sickness." - Woodbuck

http://firstread.msnbc.msn.com/archi...5/1445868.aspx

COURIC: You've said, quote, "John McCain will reform the way Wall Street does business." Other than supporting stricter regulations of Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac two years ago, can you give us any more example of his leading the charge for more oversight?
    PALIN: I think that the example that you just cited, with his warnings two years ago about Fannie and Freddie -- that, that's paramount. That's more than a heck of a lot of other senators and representatives did for us.
    COURIC: But he's been in Congress for 26 years. He's been chairman of the powerful Commerce Committee. And he has almost always sided with less regulation, not more.
    PALIN: He's also known as the maverick though. Taking shots from his own party, and certainly taking shots from the other party. Trying to get people to understand what he's been talking about--the need to reform government.
    COURIC: I'm just going to ask you one more time, not to belabor the point. Specific examples in his 26 years of pushing for more regulation?
    PALIN: I'll try to find you some and I'll bring them to you.

http://firstread.msnbc.msn.com/archive/2008/09/25/1445868.aspx

COURIC: You've said, quote, "John McCain will reform the way Wall Street does business." Other than supporting stricter regulations of Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac two years ago, can you give us any more example of his leading the charge for more oversight?
    PALIN: I think that the example that you just cited, with his warnings two years ago about Fannie and Freddie -- that, that's paramount. That's more than a heck of a lot of other senators and representatives did for us.
    COURIC: But he's been in Congress for 26 years. He's been chairman of the powerful Commerce Committee. And he has almost always sided with less regulation, not more.
    PALIN: He's also known as the maverick though. Taking shots from his own party, and certainly taking shots from the other party. Trying to get people to understand what he's been talking about--the need to reform government.
    COURIC: I'm just going to ask you one more time, not to belabor the point. Specific examples in his 26 years of pushing for more regulation?

Why don't we let them all go on Jeapordy, and the winner gets to be President?

I think that McCain suggesting that they both go back to Washington is brilliant. Call the "post partisan" candidate's bluff. What in the hell has Barack ever done in Washington, or Springfield for that matter?

Barack says he will continue to campaign. Shocking. That's all he has ever done. Maybe he can write another book about himself and see if that helps.

I can see him now in these crucial debates......his one ace in the hole will be to say in a whiny voice, "come on."
    After lunch the players lounged about the hotel patio watching the surf fling white plumes high against the darkening sky. Clouds were piling up in the west… Vince Lombardi frowned.

Quote Originally Posted by mraynrand

In McCain's announcement yesterday he said he was suspending his campaign but would give that talk. I's a political move of course, bu ton two fronts - to make himself look better in the campaign and to actually go to Washington where he has a track record of bipartisan accomplishments (for better or for worse).

Why don't you just write in 'Letterman' on your ballot?

Did you listen to McCain's speech? Was I wrong about his mentioning 'if I'm elected President' ? That, to me, doesn't sound like suspending his campaign. That's taking advantage of a primetime moment.
    And why can't Palin carry on? Why can't his ads still air?

Letterman is just a funny man........and because of the 'lightness' of his show, I happen to agree with McCain for cancelling. Now is not exactly the time for levity. But to cancel, making it sound like he was 'racing back to Washington...then do the Couric interview, stay the night and speak at Clintons Global In.? ................Just be honest John.

Quote Originally Posted by HowardRoark
    I think that McCain suggesting that they both go back to Washington is brilliant. Call the "post partisan" candidate's bluff. What in the hell has Barack ever done in Washington, or Springfield for that matter?

Barack says he will continue to campaign. Shocking. That's all he has ever done. Maybe he can write another book about himself and see if that helps.

I can see him now in these crucial debates......his one ace in the hole will be to say in a whiny manner, "come on."
    McCain conveniently forgot to mention that it was Obama who first called him yesterday morning.

I can see him now in these crucial debates......his one ace in the hole will be to say in a whiny manner, "come on."
    McCain conveniently forgot to mention that it was Obama who first called him yesterday morning.
    Fine. Then get your ass back to the Senate and show us some of that "post partisan" magic.

His time is now. Yes he can. He is the one the Senate is waiting for.
    After lunch the players lounged about the hotel patio watching the surf fling white plumes high against the darkening sky. Clouds were piling up in the west… Vince Lombardi frowned.

http://firstread.msnbc.msn.com/archive/2008/09/25/1445868.aspx

That's it? No political analysis from Letterman? Keep trying Keith.
    "Never, never ever support a punk like mraynrand. Rather be as I am and feel real sympathy for his sickness." - Woodbuck

sez you! Nyaaaah!

Fine. Then get your ass back to the Senate and show us some of that "post partisan" magic.

His time is now. Yes he can. He is the one the Senate is waiting for.
    Neither McCain nor Obama are on the relevant committee, where the actual compromise bill will be hammered out. Until the bill is out, the only thing McCain or Obama could do in Washington on this issue is hold photo-ops. After the bill is hammered out, both can be useful in drumming up support to make it a true bipartisan effort.

What McCain is doing right now is just calculated showmanship. It may do some good to his campaign, but is of little value to the US economy.

Quote Originally Posted by MadScientist
    Neither McCain nor Obama are on the relevant committee, where the actual compromise bill will be hammered out. Until the bill is out, the only thing McCain or Obama could do in Washington on this issue is hold photo-ops.
    That's right. The entire congress is just sitting by the door waiting for the committee to emerge with the bill in hand. No one could possibly be doing anything to influence what's on the bill, except the people sequestered in that room, who have no contact with the outside world, except through the sandwich waiter.

Hey Ziggy, while your having fun pointing out the mistakes of Palin. Here's a good one for you and I think it's hilarious.

"Last night on CBS, Biden said when the stock market crashed in 1929, Franklin Roosevelt got on TV and didn't just talk about it. Franklin Roosevelt wasn't president in 1929. In 1929, there wasn't a TV, nobody was on TV because it wasn't invented."

This is from the guy who HAS 30 plus years of experience in Washington and he can't remember who was president at the time of the greatest stock market crash! If Biden is going to critize McCain and Palin for not getting fact right you better get them right yourself.

Maybe Biden was right when he slipped in another gaffe and said Hilary should've been chosen to be VP!

I think Hussein and Mac should get together Friday evening and talk about the situation this country finds itself in.
    C.H.U.D.

You're right on this one....... we spend too much on a war we shouldn't be in.......
    Why do you think we should not be in the war?
    With the situation in Afghanistan getting worse, with Bin Laden still a threat, with no WMD's found.......we could have gotten rid of Iraq's big guy alot more efficiently without the 'shock and awe' war that was raised.

There is no doubt in my mind that Hussein needed to be removed. The proven atocities against his people left no doubt.

But where were we when Darfur, or Rwanda's people were getting slaughtered?
    Not sitting on oil.

Quote Originally Posted by Tyrone Bigguns
    You're right on this one....... we spend too much on a war we shouldn't be in.......
    With the situation in Afghanistan getting worse, with Bin Laden still a threat, with no WMD's found.......we could have gotten rid of Iraq's big guy alot more efficiently without the 'shock and awe' war that was raised.

There is no doubt in my mind that Hussein needed to be removed. The proven atocities against his people left no doubt.

Not sitting on oil.
    Clinton had other things on his.....err......mind.

Not sitting on oil.
    It might be nice if you could be factual. The UN's mandate forbids intervening in the internal politics of any country unless the crime of genocide is being committed.

The United States government did not recognize the genocide. I dont' believe Clinton is solely the government.

Should we ask where was Bush were during the buildup years to the genocide?

? HOFer
    Say it ain't so
    I will not go
    turn the lights off
    carry me home
    na na na nan nah nah nah nah nah nah

How could we, or any goverment not recognize this?

The Rwandan Genocide was the 1994 mass killing of hundreds of thousands of Rwanda's minority Tutsis and the moderates of its Hutu majority. Over the course of approximately 100 days, from April 6 through to mid July, at least 500,000 people were killed. Most estimates are of a death toll between 800,000 and 1,000,000.

This answers my own question
    http://www.unitedhumanrights.org/Gen..._in_rwanda.htm

What a shame there wasn't any oil involved............

Not sitting on oil.
    It might be nice if you could be factual.
    I was. Clinton was busy with other things. Do you deny it?