Page 7 of 19 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 17 ... LastLast

Thread: Stick a fork in this moron.

As long as we have been on the subject of logic fallacies lately, isn’t this a non sequitur?

I ask why we should not be in Iraq, and I hear that we should not be in Iraq because we did not stop genocide in Africa.
    After lunch the players lounged about the hotel patio watching the surf fling white plumes high against the darkening sky. Clouds were piling up in the west… Vince Lombardi frowned.

Non sequitur (IPA: /nɒnˈsɛkwɪtər/) is Latin for "it does not follow". It is most often used to indicate something which does not follow logically, such as a stated conclusion that is not supported by the facts.

My point was this: One of the reasons for justifying going into Iraq was the heinous things that Hussein did to his own countrymen, and the fact that he had the supposed WMD's. I'm saying that we didn't get involved in other equal or more horrible mass murders...........but had there been a barrel of oil or two in the mix...........

UN Resolutions
    After lunch the players lounged about the hotel patio watching the surf fling white plumes high against the darkening sky. Clouds were piling up in the west… Vince Lombardi frowned.

How much are we spending a day in Iraq right now? How are we financing this again?
    C.H.U.D.

Quote Originally Posted by HowardRoark
    UN Resolutions
    Would you have us go to war with Israel because of their violation of UN resolutions? Over the years, Israel has been in violation of more UN resolutions than Iraq. Every settlement they have built on the West Bank is a violation of a UN resolution.

Quote Originally Posted by Joemailman
    UN Resolutions
    Would you have us go to war with Israel because of their violation of UN resolutions? Over the years, Israel has been in violation of more UN resolutions than Iraq. Every settlement they have built on the West Bank is a violation of a UN resolution.
    Joe, have you heard of the concept of good versus evil?

Do you accept that concept as applied to geopolitics?

You may be a Dem/lib or whatever, but I have never had you pegged as one of these extreme leftist America-hating moral equivalence purveyors who DENY the moral high ground on which America and a few loyal allies, INCLUDING Israel sit--while being sniped at by indisputably vile forces trying to inflict genocide, tyranny, poverty, ignorance, and depravity on the world. Tell me you aren't one of those extreme leftists.
    What could be more GOOD and NORMAL and AMERICAN than Packer Football?

UN Resolutions
    C'mon Joe. Iraq agreed to the weapons inspections. THEY AGREED. then they disagreed. Those were part of the conditions of ending the Gulf War. Part of the responsibilities they had to accept after they lost.

Just when did Israel AGREE to limit their ability to have, hold and build their country? The fact that the UN passes resolutions that disagree with how Israel manages their own country, is very different than enforcing a previous agreement as was the case with IRAQ. You know that.

The situations and circumstances are completely different, and for you to imply this without giving the facts is disgusting.

You're normally more "fair" than this. very sad.

Joe...you've been a very bad boy....now go stand in the corner.
    C.H.U.D.

Quote Originally Posted by Freak Out
    Naked.
    "You're all very smart, and I'm very dumb." - Partial

Quote Originally Posted by LL2
    Hey Ziggy, while your having fun pointing out the mistakes of Palin. Here's a good one for you and I think it's hilarious.

"Last night on CBS, Biden said when the stock market crashed in 1929, Franklin Roosevelt got on TV and didn't just talk about it. Franklin Roosevelt wasn't president in 1929. In 1929, there wasn't a TV, nobody was on TV because it wasn't invented."

This is from the guy who HAS 30 plus years of experience in Washington and he can't remember who was president at the time of the greatest stock market crash! If Biden is going to critize McCain and Palin for not getting fact right you better get them right yourself.

Maybe Biden was right when he slipped in another gaffe and said Hilary should've been chosen to be VP!
    while we are at it, how about obama's muslim faith and 57 states?
    I don't hold Grudges. It's counterproductive.

Quote Originally Posted by packinpatland

My point was this: One of the reasons for justifying going into Iraq was the heinous things that Hussein did to his own countrymen, and the fact that he had the supposed WMD's. I'm saying that we didn't get involved in other equal or more horrible mass murders...........but had there been a barrel of oil or two in the mix...........
    Absolutely correct...but what is your point, we need oil, we don't need the sands of africa. So what if we are trying to stabalize an area that we send 700 billion dollars to each year (for oil purchase).
    I don't hold Grudges. It's counterproductive.

Quote Originally Posted by retailguy
    UN Resolutions
    C'mon Joe. Iraq agreed to the weapons inspections. THEY AGREED. then they disagreed. Those were part of the conditions of ending the Gulf War. Part of the responsibilities they had to accept after they lost.

Just when did Israel AGREE to limit their ability to have, hold and build their country? The fact that the UN passes resolutions that disagree with how Israel manages their own country, is very different than enforcing a previous agreement as was the case with IRAQ. You know that.

The situations and circumstances are completely different, and for you to imply this without giving the facts is disgusting.

You're normally more "fair" than this. very sad.
    So sorry to cause you such sadness. My point was that the fact that a country is violating UN resolutions is not a justification for the U.S. to invade said country. They are UN resolutions. It would be up to the UN, not the U.S., to decide whether to use force to enforce a resolution.

By the way, the Israeli settlements on the West Bank are violations of international law without any UN resolutions. The Geneva Conventions prohibit the transferring of civilian populations to areas under military occupation.

Quote Originally Posted by mraynrand
    Quote Originally Posted by Tyrone Bigguns
    You're right on this one....... we spend too much on a war we shouldn't be in.......
    Why do you think we should not be in the war?
    With the situation in Afghanistan getting worse, with Bin Laden still a threat, with no WMD's found.......we could have gotten rid of Iraq's big guy alot more efficiently without the 'shock and awe' war that was raised.

There is no doubt in my mind that Hussein needed to be removed. The proven atocities against his people left no doubt.

But where were we when Darfur, or Rwanda's people were getting slaughtered?
    Not sitting on oil.
    Clinton had other things on his.....err......mind.
    It might be nice if you could be factual.
    I was. Clinton was busy with other things. Do you deny it?
    Yes. I deny it. Not recognizing it is quite a stretch to being busy with other things.

Are you going to say that RR, Bush, and the republicans were also busy?

with 11 long-haired friends of Jesus in a chartreuse microbus
    You're right on this one....... we spend too much on a war we shouldn't be in.......
    With the situation in Afghanistan getting worse, with Bin Laden still a threat, with no WMD's found.......we could have gotten rid of Iraq's big guy alot more efficiently without the 'shock and awe' war that was raised.

There is no doubt in my mind that Hussein needed to be removed. The proven atocities against his people left no doubt.

Not sitting on oil.
    Yes. I deny it. Not recognizing it is quite a stretch to being busy with other things.
    Then he should have recognized it.
    "Never, never ever support a punk like mraynrand. Rather be as I am and feel real sympathy for his sickness." - Woodbuck

Quote Originally Posted by bobblehead

Absolutely correct...but what is your point, we need oil, we don't need the sands of africa. So what if we are trying to stabalize an area that we send 700 billion dollars to each year (for oil purchase).
    It still could have waited a year or two until we had Afghanistan sorted out before we started a second war...
    "Greatness is not an act... but a habit.Greatness is not an act... but a habit." -Greg Jennings

"we don't need the sands of Africa"

You really meant to say 'we don't give a damn about the people of Africa'.....right?

Not sitting on oil.
    Then he should have recognized it.
    Now i remember, Clinton is the government.

I guess United States officials arguing over the use of the word genocide for fear that it would compel the country to act, as it obviously would have was something that we all just imagined.

Policymakers made the mistake of characterizing the conflict as between two sides, the Hutus and the Tutsis, and focused on forging peace accords, which were “more comprehensible” to diplomats. The massacre began less than a year after the October 1993 killing and mutilation of American soldiers in Somalia, which made Washington wary of rushing into another human rights crisis..but, all this was Clinton.

You might wanna take some time and find out what really happened instead of just making it up.

I guess the Senate and congress had nothing to do with it. Might want to let the Armenians know about this...as they keep trying thru those channels.

Meanwhile, Prez Bush still won't recognize the Armenian Genocide.

Must be nice to live on your planet.

Quote Originally Posted by Freak Out
    Very cute. :P

I'm just tired of "distorted politics". Can we vote tomorrow just to get this stupid season over with?

Quote Originally Posted by MJZiggy

It still could have waited a year or two until we had Afghanistan sorted out before we started a second war...
    Why, for them it is like cooking..you just double the recipe..no problem.

But, realistically, it is like baking..and you just can't double the recipe.

Why, for them it is like cooking..you just double the recipe..no problem.

But, realistically, it is like baking..and you just can't double the recipe.
    What about day old croissants?

Where are the articulate Liberals? Please.