Quote Originally Posted by Partial
Well Bretsky, judging from my knowledge of consumer electronics and what is about to pick up, if you're looking for a solid stock that will make some money and always be solid, now would be a good time to buy some Intel. They've been down in the dumps for awhile now and their roadmap for the future is looking a whole lot better than AMD (the competition) and it certainly seems like they're back in full-force.

Canon would be a good company as well because they have a huge investment in SED technology, which uses nanotubes to create an extreme thin video display that is very high contrast and brightness with all the benefits of a classic cathode ray tube in an extremely thin (much thinner than anything out now) package. It is also to be manufactured very cheap because of how they make the carbon nanotubes. They expect this to be HUGE by 2010 and be the way we all watch tv. Canon and Toshiba funded this multi-billion dollar poject if I recall.

Microsoft has a new operating system coming out at the start of 2007. That, paired with office should sell quite a bit.

Apple is a company with a rising reputation with tremendous growth.

My dad was talking about a bunch of biotechnology companies emerging in the next few years. He's big on the investing and that might be something to look into.

That's all i've got. Doubt it's helpful, but its a nice reminder of new, cool products coming out!!

I'll check out Cannon; is the SED technology new ?

I too think Intel is going to come back, but it's been a dead horse for 2 plus years now. Edward Jones, one of the most conservative investment companies, has been recommending it along with EMC, another dog, that I already own. Short term Intel might be alright, but I'm looking for home runs........high risk.....high reward.....and Intel and Apple are too big.

If your dad hits on the right biotech company, he can get some huge gains fast. I've been looking into companies that specialize with obesity since that's growing. Next time you email/speak with your day ask him for a few of his favorites; researching stocks and trying to strike it big is a lot of fun for me at least. I've hit some home runs on picks that went way up and then down; just didn't sell at right time so didn't make what I should have.