Thread: Zip Cars

Zip Cars

DC is now rolling out Zip Bikes. Have you tried either zip cars or zip bikes? Would you use them? Think they're a good idea?
    "Greatness is not an act... but a habit.Greatness is not an act... but a habit." -Greg Jennings

Maybe if you'd give me a link to what the fuck a zip thing is I would care enough to look. Then I would be better qualified to answer your mundane questions.
    "You're all very smart, and I'm very dumb." - Partial

You mean to tell me you're not capable of typing www.zipcar.com yourself?

And nice to insult every topic that isn't touting conservative politics or video games.
    "Greatness is not an act... but a habit.Greatness is not an act... but a habit." -Greg Jennings

It's only common courtesy to provide information when you ask questions. And I wasn't insulting your topic, just your mundane questions.

As far as these fucking cars go, they're going to be full of hooker sweat and pot residue faster than nutz could spray the steering wheel with his baby batter. So other than getting an extended family of crabs jumping into your crotch the second your ass hits the seat, it seems like a great way to further the uselessness of an already failing public transportation system and encourage more campus area parking congestion.

And come on, I insult all topics equally. You're just being overly sensitive. Women... sheese!

Why do you think they encourage campus area parking congestion? If you're taking a zip car rather than driving your own, I would think that would mean less congestion. Besides, it's not just college kids using them. On my way into work, I see them at all the metro lots and at the hospital.

Do you not see the benefits in shared vehicles, crabs notwithstanding? You must not sit in waiting rooms, much, huh?

The listing for availability in Milwaukee is the UWM campus area. And it's not going to be people without cars driving them, it's going to be those without, hence more congestion. Why would someone with their own car in the limited area these are available drive one of these instead of their own? I mean other than to pick up hookers?

As far as waiting rooms, no I don't sit in them. If my doctor can't keep a schedule, I find a new doctor. Not sure what that has to do with sitting on someone else's bodily fluids when I drive around town.

Quote Originally Posted by SkinBasket
    The listing for availability in Milwaukee is the UWM campus area. And it's not going to be people without cars driving them, it's going to be those without, hence more congestion. Why would someone with their own car in the limited area these are available drive one of these instead of their own? I mean other than to pick up hookers?

As far as waiting rooms, no I don't sit in them. If my doctor can't keep a schedule, I find a new doctor. Not sure what that has to do with sitting on someone else's bodily fluids when I drive around town.
    Someone with their own car drives to the metro lot, takes the train and then picks up the zip car at the other end because the office is too far from the train to walk and the bus doesn't stop near there.

I guess I don't really understand their business model. Maybe it's because I live in the burbs, have 3 cars, and rent cars at airports every week.

If you live downtown and bike, walk or take public transportation on a daily basis, don't own a car, and just need one a couple times a month - then maybe this makes sense.

Quote Originally Posted by MJZiggy

Someone with their own car drives to the metro lot, takes the train and then picks up the zip car at the other end because the office is too far from the train to walk and the bus doesn't stop near there.

Does the math work if you need it daily? Or even weekly?

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Campbell
    Quote Originally Posted by MJZiggy

Does the math work if you need it daily? Or even weekly?
    At $60+ a day, I think most people would just drive. And we're still talking about a larger model. I have no idea how this idea is going to work on the north side of Milwaukee for anything other than student drunk driving and banging the crabs out of hookers.

with 11 long-haired friends of Jesus in a chartreuse microbus
    They have the little co-op cars around Madison WI. I was parking at a garage at Park and Dayton where one of those cars was parked. As I walked by I could see the windows were partially fogged up and a women was riding up and down some guy's pole in the back seat. How'd ya like to be the next person who uses that car?
    "Never, never ever support a punk like mraynrand. Rather be as I am and feel real sympathy for his sickness." - Woodbuck

Back on topic, I've never used a zip car or zip bike, but I have taken the Megabus from Milwaukee to Chicago:

http://www.megabus.com

It's cheaper than Amtrak.
    http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v739/mike_zankle/icebowltickets.png

Are there dirty hookers on the megabus?

with 11 long-haired friends of Jesus in a chartreuse microbus
    Quote Originally Posted by Iron Mike
    Back on topic, I've never used a zip car or zip bike, but I have taken the Megabus from Milwaukee to Chicago:

I'm not getting on a bus with this guy driving. he looks like a pervert.
    "Never, never ever support a punk like mraynrand. Rather be as I am and feel real sympathy for his sickness." - Woodbuck

Quote Originally Posted by mraynrand
    Quote Originally Posted by Iron Mike

I'm not getting on a bus with this guy driving. he looks like a pervert.
    The bus driver had a WAAAAAAYYYY deeper tan than that.

Quote Originally Posted by SkinBasket
    Are there dirty hookers on the megabus?
    Do you like dark meat chicken???

I think the both of you should be able to tell what I'm getting at.
    http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v739/mike_zankle/icebowltickets.png

Zip guns not zip cars!!!