Page 13 of 16 FirstFirst ... 3 11 12 13 14 15 ... LastLast

Thread: Proposition 8

Quote Originally Posted by mraynrand
    Quote Originally Posted by Tyrone Bigguns
    Thanx for making my point for me Rand. Using the bible in today's society is foolish at best.

Game. Set. Match.
    It is if you don't understand it.

Down, Set, Hut.
    I completely understand it. But, since i'm not a christian, it holds no value for me. Oops. Yep, i'm sure a muslin, hindu or buddhist is very interested in know his/her "sins" will be absolved if they accept Christ.

My god, you are really dense.

I completely understand it.
    You have absolutely no understanding of Christianity.
    After lunch the players lounged about the hotel patio watching the surf fling white plumes high against the darkening sky. Clouds were piling up in the west… Vince Lombardi frowned.

Quote Originally Posted by HowardRoark
    why bring religion into it?

Quote Originally Posted by falco
    I didn't.
    After lunch the players lounged about the hotel patio watching the surf fling white plumes high against the darkening sky. Clouds were piling up in the west… Vince Lombardi frowned.

Keep telling yourself that. It is so ridiculously hard to comprehend.

Keep telling yourself that. It is so ridiculously hard to comprehend.
    not when you can directly channel the voice of jesus apparently

I didn't.
    Who did Howard?

I didn't.
    Who did Howard?
    Hell if I know. Am I my PackerRats brother's keeper?

I didn't.
    Who did Howard?
    Hell if I know. Am I my PackerRats brother keeper?
    Exactly, but you appear to be mine.

It is just amazing how you can always manage to critique my usage of the bible/religion.

I didn't.
    Who did Howard?

It is just amazing how you can always manage to critique my usage of the bible/religion.
    Whether or not you believe in Christianity is not the issue with your lack of knowledge on the subject. You are unaware of one of the cornerstones of the religion; that being the Trinity.

It’s OK to once and a while admit you are not an expert on a subject.

I didn't.
    Who did Howard?

Whether or not you believe in Christianity is not the issue with your lack of knowledge on the subject. You are unaware of one of the cornerstones of the religion; that being the Trinity.

Unaware? LOL

Where do you determine that from my posts?

Yeah, i guess i never have heard of that...i always wondered about my friend who went to Trinity in Texas. Yeah, never have heard of the father, son and the holy ghost.

Yep, just having catholic friends and attending church with them taught me nothing.

Yep, dating a Unitarian taught me nothing.

Guess living in the south and being exposed regularly to pentecostals who don't believe in that..or living in Phx and working regularly with LDS members who dont' believe in it either. Yep, a foreign concept.

Yep, being married to a woman that converted and attending her parents church regularly taught me nothing.

Howard, this is a christian country for the most part. It is almost impossible if you are a sentient being to not pickup on your religion. It is as pervasive as air.

I didn't.
    Who did Howard?

Unaware? LOL

Where do you determine that from my posts?

Yeah, i guess i never have heard of that...i always wondered about my friend who went to Trinity in Texas. Yeah, never have heard of the father, son and the holy ghost.

Yep, just having catholic friends and attending church with them taught me nothing.

Yep, dating a Unitarian taught me nothing.

Guess living in the south and being exposed regularly to pentecostals who don't believe in that..or living in Phx and working regularly with LDS members who dont' believe in it either. Yep, a foreign concept.

Yep, being married to a woman that converted and attending her parents church regularly taught me nothing.

Howard, this is a christian country for the most part. It is almost impossible if you are a sentient being to not pickup on your religion. It is as pervasive as air.
    Look, otown, with all due respect, I know every possible intricacy of what you did, do, and don’t know on the subject. Back at OT: Movie Recommendation, there was a month long discussion on the topic. It already is the second time around for your little cut and paste up above. I’ve seen it and heard it all before.

You had your co-dependent Abe to help you out. Go find him, let’s do it again. Sure, Robert (Nietzsche rest his soul) was there to pipe in once in awhile. And greenday, (Mr Fancypants with his PhDs) added some lucidity. I see GK and Cy are here now too. But really, this has all been done before.

Quote Originally Posted by packinpatland
    Government has no business imposing some people’s religious beliefs over others.
    I agree. Who's talking about religion?
    Cy: Obama is. He wants everyone to be his brother's keeper.

Cool! Imposing religion is back in style!

Quote Originally Posted by texaspackerbacker
    Thank you, Harlan. I learned a new word today--miscenegation.

There is a colossal difference between homosexuality/gay marriage and miscenegation/interracial marriage. That difference is that the Christian Bible, not to mention teachings of virtually every other major and minor religion consider homosexuality a sinful and abominable behavior. Mixing of the races, on the other hand, has little or no religious foundation, Christian or otherwise.

As for those of us of the conservative persuasion being preoccupied with the gay marriage issue, I don't think so. It's more like you lefties are preoccupied that way. The status quo, after all, is still with us, as is the bulk of public opinion--based on the Prop 8 results.

Liberals can whine all they want about separation of church and state, but the fact that homosexuality is an abomination according to Christianity is NOT a church/state issue. It is a matter of the will of the majority being supreme in a democracy--representative or not. And that will clearly opposes gay marriage.
    Quite funny Tex. As the bible was used extensively to show that interacial marriage was bad.

Exodus 34:10-16 and 2 Corinthians 6:14 were used.

And, even today you will find Christians who oppose it and can give you bible quotes.

http://www.thekingdomnow.org/content/RacialMixing.htm

Well, Tyrone, in this post and more so in your later one--assuming it's not plagiarized, you show some really extensive Biblical knowledge--a lot more than I have. I've known atheists before that were like that--they usually had some pretty bad and sad psychological problems--not that you're like that or anything.

Anyway, if you notice my post above, I CLEARLY STATE that this is NOT a religious matter--NOT a church/state issue. It's you guys--the leftists/the atheists/whatever that are preoccupied with religion and who try to make the whole discussion something it is not.

What it is--as i stated--is a matter of the majority view being the rule. Sure, you gotta respect the rights of the damned degenerates of the minority and all that crap, but your side keeps trying through the courts, through your control of the media and education establishment, through your domination of the entertainment community TO INFLICT ABOMINABLE CRAP--INCLUDING THE MAINSTREAMING OF HOMOSEXUALITY--ON THE GOOD NORMAL MAJORITY IN THIS COUNTRY. If that isn't so obvious as to not even need proof, this passage of Prop 8 in probably the most liberal most all around weird region of the country provides blatant proof.

Just because those of us on the "normal" side of the spectrum oppose the abomination of homosexuality on religious grounds does NOT make it a religious issue. It is a democracy issue.

And while your digging up of that plethora of "Thou shalt nots" is very commendable, I doubt the majority of Americans oppose eating crabs or wearing blended fabrics or whatever.

Sorry about the bold/underlined/italics. I didn't know how to make things bold, so I was just messing around clicking on things. I didn't know it would work.
    What could be more GOOD and NORMAL and AMERICAN than Packer Football?

with 11 long-haired friends of Jesus in a chartreuse microbus
    Thanx for making my point for me Rand. Using the bible in today's society is foolish at best.

Game. Set. Match.
    It is if you don't understand it.

Down, Set, Hut.
    I completely understand it. But, since i'm not a christian, it holds no value for me. Oops. Yep, i'm sure a muslin, hindu or buddhist is very interested in know his/her "sins" will be absolved if they accept Christ.

My god, you are really dense.
    It obviously holds great value for you - as a cudgel. Many muslims, buddhists and hindus are interested in the message of Christ - even if they don't accept it. Some who aren't interested in conversion, actually want to understand it - as many Chirstians want to understand other religions. And not simply so they can go quote mining to insult people of other religions. And if you really do understand it, as you claim, you wouldn't forward a trivial, first grade level understanding of Old Testament law. I suspect you do understand, but you find comfort and pleasure in insulting remarks and presenting a view that trivializes religion. If you take a step back, you might notice that it makes you look like an angry child who doesn't want to go to church.

Bump Set Spike
    "Never, never ever support a punk like mraynrand. Rather be as I am and feel real sympathy for his sickness." - Woodbuck

with 11 long-haired friends of Jesus in a chartreuse microbus
    And greenday, (Mr Fancypants with his PhDs) added some lucidity. .
    We should gt that guy to log on. We need a Mr. Fancypants here.
    "Never, never ever support a punk like mraynrand. Rather be as I am and feel real sympathy for his sickness." - Woodbuck

Quote Originally Posted by packinpatland
    My favorite West Wing episode:
    West Wing: the television show that fantasized about liberal issues and presented weekly smackdowns of evil, hateful Republicans, allowing liberal ladies to survive the Bush era by pretending the President was really a Democrat.
    [QUOTE=George Cumby] ...every draft (Ted) would pick a solid, dependable, smart, athletically limited linebacker...the guy who isn't doing drugs, going to strip bars, knocking around his girlfriend or making any plays of game changing significance.

Bump Set Spike
    A beautiful site when played perfectly!! :P

...sorry, I have a passion for V-ball.

Blue 98......blue 98....check

Razor razor razor

red 319.....red 319
    Quote Originally Posted by 3irty1 View Post
    This is museum quality stupidity.

Quote Originally Posted by Cy
    Cy: Obama is. He wants everyone to be his brother's keeper.

Cool! Imposing religion is back in style!
    The idea that government should work for the common good and relieve suffering is nothing new, it has building for about 250 years, and especially the last 100 years.

IT seems that you, Partial, Wist, AynRand believe we can return to the world of 1800, when men were men and people fended for themselves. Charles Dickens wrote about the early 19th century, have a look. The great experiement of small government and unbridled enterprise has already been tried.