Page 16 of 16 FirstFirst ... 6 14 15 16

Thread: Proposition 8

Quote Originally Posted by Tyrone Bigguns
    Quote Originally Posted by BallHawk
    Quote Originally Posted by Tyrone Bigguns
    Quote Originally Posted by MJZiggy
    He asks about that and not the bestiality...what if the animal has a headache that night?
    What if I have a headache and the animal wants to get it on?
    It depends how expensive the horse is.
    What if the horse bought me an expensive dinner? Do i owe the horse sexual gratification?
    Sounds like time for BallHawk's handy dandy "Sexual Gratification Calculation"

Take the amount of oz. your steak was + the age of the bottle of wine consumed + how many times your waiter refilled your glass of water + tip (20% of course)

Now divide that by the amount of empty parking spots in the car park of the restaurant + how many "Non-Luxury" Cars are in the parking lot.

If your number is over 10 you owe the horse some sex.
    "I've got one word for you- Dallas, Texas, Super Bowl"- Jermichael Finley

The point is extremely valid.

If religious prohibitions are dismissed for homosexuality, then why not polygamy, incest, and even bestiality? You have to take pedophilia off the table because of the lack of ability for informed consent, but all the others are totally morally equivalent to homosexuality--behaviors by consenting adults in private, wrong ONLY because various religions define them as wrong.

For whatever reason, the American left has singled out homosexuality as somehow more virtuous than the others. On what grounds? It would be interesting to hear what grounds from the leftists who think that way.
    What could be more GOOD and NORMAL and AMERICAN than Packer Football?

Polygamy, I don't know, could be because they wind up with pressure for very young girls to marry old men, but that's just what I've seen in the ones that make the news. Otherwise, if women choose to marry up and are ok sharing, what do I care? Incest is illegal because it produces offspring with genetic problems such as hemophilia, and though we're joking about the horse, really how do you get consent from an animal? If the animal doesn't want it, and interspecies relations are uncommon to say the least, how can you think that that sheep is ok with ol' Murphy? Then it just becomes a cruelty to animals charge.

Homosexuals, however can and often do consent. They have physical differences from straight men, namely enlargements of the hypothalamus. Are you suggesting that they choose to have enlarged hypothalami?
    "Greatness is not an act... but a habit.Greatness is not an act... but a habit." -Greg Jennings

with 11 long-haired friends of Jesus in a chartreuse microbus
    really how do you get consent from an animal?
    Flowers, sweet talk, kibbles and bits.
    "Never, never ever support a punk like mraynrand. Rather be as I am and feel real sympathy for his sickness." - Woodbuck

Polygamy, I don't know, could be because they wind up with pressure for very young girls to marry old men, but that's just what I've seen in the ones that make the news. Otherwise, if women choose to marry up and are ok sharing, what do I care? Incest is illegal because it produces offspring with genetic problems such as hemophilia, and though we're joking about the horse, really how do you get consent from an animal? If the animal doesn't want it, and interspecies relations are uncommon to say the least, how can you think that that sheep is ok with ol' Murphy? Then it just becomes a cruelty to animals charge.

Homosexuals, however can and often do consent. They have physical differences from straight men, namely enlargements of the hypothalamus. Are you suggesting that they choose to have enlarged hypothalami?
    so...if genetic testing allows for aborting "flawed" babies then you are ok with incest? If someone wants to marry their sister its cool with you? I'm just asking, not arguing mind you. What about someone like sarah palin who has no problem raising a handicapped child, should she be not allowed to marry her brother? Wait a minute, what is wrong with having a handicapped child anyway and why should we try and avoid it. I have made the case that gays should be allowed a union, but not to adopt, would you agree with me then, or is it ok for gays to adopt, but not ok for a couple to have children if they have a higher chance of having a downs syndrome baby.

How about autism...if you have an autistic kid the odds are MUCH higher that the second child would be autistic. Should couples with autistic children be not allowed to have more children...the odds are actually higher for that than a brother sister having a retarded child. I'm just asking mind you.
    I don't hold Grudges. It's counterproductive.

Quote Originally Posted by mraynrand

I thought about you as I was looking through this book. (I think the cig is a nice touch.)

I do not think about you often.

Quote Originally Posted by bobblehead

so...if genetic testing allows for aborting "flawed" babies then you are ok with incest? If someone wants to marry their sister its cool with you? I'm just asking, not arguing mind you. What about someone like sarah palin who has no problem raising a handicapped child, should she be not allowed to marry her brother? Wait a minute, what is wrong with having a handicapped child anyway and why should we try and avoid it. I have made the case that gays should be allowed a union, but not to adopt, would you agree with me then, or is it ok for gays to adopt, but not ok for a couple to have children if they have a higher chance of having a downs syndrome baby.

How about autism...if you have an autistic kid the odds are MUCH higher that the second child would be autistic. Should couples with autistic children be not allowed to have more children...the odds are actually higher for that than a brother sister having a retarded child. I'm just asking mind you.
    Downs syndrome isn't the issue, it's hemopilia, which has a funny tendency to make the child bleed to death from routine little cuts. I don't think it has a genetic test (though admittedly I could be wrong on that).

I am also not for aborting babies with defects. That decision lies with the parents alone. I am not speaking to my views on incest, merely stating why the law against it was instituted in the first place. Remember royal families used to intermarry all the time--with predictable results.

And you can't compare a disease like hemophilia which kills people to a disease like autism which doesn't.
    "Greatness is not an act... but a habit.Greatness is not an act... but a habit." -Greg Jennings

Wolf Pack Rat HOFer Deputy Nutz's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by mraynrand
    A little Animal Planet before bed, and whamo, you're inside a canine.

You guys'll put that thing anywhere, won't you...

Wolf Pack Rat HOFer Deputy Nutz's Avatar
    You guys'll put that thing anywhere, won't you...
    Bend over and I'll show you.

Of course they should be allowed to marry. Why should us straights be the only ones that suffer?
    The Bottom Line:
    Formally Numb, same person, same views of M3

with 11 long-haired friends of Jesus in a chartreuse microbus
    Quote Originally Posted by Numb
    Of course they should be allowed to marry. Why should us straights be the only ones that suffer?
    "Never, never ever support a punk like mraynrand. Rather be as I am and feel real sympathy for his sickness." - Woodbuck