Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Gates-Buffett: Generosity Comes From Liberalism

El Jardinero Rat HOFer MadtownPacker's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Anti-Polar Bear
    Will, I better shut up before this thread gets out of line. This will be my last reply to this thread because it has been moved. I dont reply to threads that has been moved, not even my own.
    I take alot of shit from people over you TANK! I have had several, fucking several posters ask me to BAN YOUR ASS!!! I always tell them you are OK and that you have done nothing to be banned

You are still here, posting whatever you want so the LEAST you can do is show some courtesy and post your shit in the right room.

If you dont like it? Get the fuck on then cuz Im SICK of your crying, spoiled, lil bitch ass.

Shutdown Corner Rat HOFer Anti-Polar Bear's Avatar
    Ok Mad. You are the boss. No more off topic threads in the Packer Room.

But make a point clear to me: what about the Ted Is Trapped in the Closet. Is that allowed?
    I'm not going to stop the wheel. I'm going to break the wheel.

There is an FYI thread on this forum.

Quote Originally Posted by HarveyWallbangers
    There is an FYI thread on this forum.
    Actually, if you dont like what I writes, don t read them. I will never go after any other posters, the way LJ did. Dont like what I write about thompson, dont read it. Simple as that. I am not forcing anybody to read my threads/posts.

But I will show some "courtsey" and stop posting off topic threads in the Packer room.

Mad must be a Liberal too. He protects Tank like an endangered species.

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Campbell
    C'mon, admitt it. You will miss me if i leave.

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Campbell
    C'mon, admitt it. You will miss me if i leave.
    You ain't going anywhere as long as I have anything to say about it. Not that I have any say about it. Still, you're an unbelievable pain in everybodys ass.

Scott = softy

-

I real reason I dont want to get banned is because Mazzin post here also. That is the goddamn truth. I would be lying if I didnt say so.

Ok, Madtown. I will do as you wish.

Quote Originally Posted by Bossman641
    Tank I just found this article that you may be interested in

Revisiting Bill Gates
    By Chris Martin, The Liberal Utopian staff writer
    cmartin@liberalutop.news

Bill Gates is conservative
    Yes, I will admit I made up the Utopian. But the article i just posted about Gates is legit.
    (http://archive.salon.com/21st/featur...9feature2.html)

Obviously, when defeated, one's opponent can merely turn to ridiculous (that's you!). MJZiggy can merely write, and I quote, "ROFL"

I feel good.
    Ironic that you would use ridiculous to describe someone else's posts. Congratulations on backing up one of your statements for once.

Like MJ said, I could care less what Gates is labeled. He is a generous man that does a lot of good for the underprivileged. I respect and appreciate that.

You are way too caught up in labels Tank.
    Well I am this so the opposite of me is obviously my enemy.
    Everything is not as black and white as you see it.

I just find it funny how bored everyone is that they are all ocncerned where tank posts.

Pretty petty IMHO.

Between tank's many posts, and the many posts talking about tank, I have to say I'm all tanked out. No offense, tank.

El Jardinero Rat HOFer MadtownPacker's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    But make a point clear to me: what about the Ted Is Trapped in the Closet. Is that allowed?
    I left the last TITITC. If new ones are about TT ruining the Packers and not about TT being gay then they stay too.

Looks like Tank got fiesty after I fell asleep last night. Sounds like he had his mellow harshed. Maybe mom and dad's money dried up?
    "You're all very smart, and I'm very dumb." - Partial

Quote Originally Posted by SkinBasket
    Looks like Tank got fiesty after I fell asleep last night. Sounds like he had his mellow harshed. Maybe mom and dad's money dried up?
    You went "alseep" cos I got you big time. Yep, (edited; there may be sensitive people around) What happens to the counter-argument?

Though Gates may not say, through his action, hes a liberal. (Ever took a law course in college?; there is such a thing as implied action). Read the article. Its well written. MLA style and all. Of course, even if Einstein show you the initial draft to his theory of relativity , you'll still find an excuse to discredit him. Jealousy? Me thinks so.

Liberals like to give the disenfranchised other people's money--not their own.

Generosity Index:
    http://www.infoplease.com/ipa/A0923050.html

http://www.politicaldogs.org/2005/11...y-liberals.htm

There is a study which examines the amount of federal tax deductions for charitable donations as a function of relative wealth which takes place each year across the United States. The findings of that study repeatedly show blue states in an unfavorable light... A group in Massachusetts questions the analysis and claims it must be adjusted to recognize higher living costs.

It is certainly true that living costs are highest in the nation's but does this alter the analysis? The first, most obvious chink in this criticism is the fact that California and New York, while in the bottom half, are nowhere near the bottom 10. There are no more expensive states on the map than these two yet they are far above many of their liberal brethren. Also several states which are relatively expensive are in the upper half while some that are very inexpensive are near the bottom. And what exactly does cost of living have to do with the equation when salaries are similarly high in these places? If you only earn $25,000 annually but your rent is just $8,000 a year, you may have a slightly higher percentage of your earnings free for giving. But if you make $50,000 annually, your rent only costs you $17,000, and you actually give less money than your counterpart in the lower income bracket, you are a miser. The description fits. The charity study found just these sorts of results...

If liberals disagree with conservative principles advocating charitable giving over federal assistance, I suppose the reason is fairly clear. Democrats en masse to not give as much to charity as conservatives do so they think the only way to help the needy is to tax the rich and give to the poor. They assume everybody gives to charity the way they do so government simply must extract funds and apply them. But governments do not nearly do the efficient job charities do. In fact the only time charities are as bad at funneling money to the needy is when you are talking about the behemoth charitable organizations liberals love like the United Way. As soon as you say "faith based giving," a liberal's eyes will roll into the back of his head. But these organizations are very efficient at getting the money to the real need. They don't run huge professional bureaucracies. Much of their support work is done by volunteers. They don't own huge office buildings in every town or county the way the Red Cross does. There are examples of bad faith based charities but there is not the monumental waste there is at huge multi-national charities.

Quote Originally Posted by SkinBasket
    You went "alseep" cos I got you big time. Yep, (edited; there may be sensitive people around) What happens to the counter-argument?

Though Gates may not say, through his action, hes a liberal. (Ever took a law course in college?; there is such a thing as implied action). Read the article. Its well written. MLA style and all. Of course, even if Einstein show you the initial draft to his theory of relativity , you'll still find an excuse to discredit him. Jealousy? Me thinks so.
    Wow. Zing. What am I jealous about again?
    "You're all very smart, and I'm very dumb." - Partial

I'm shocked, SHOCKED I tell you, to find that a conservative blog would disparage liberals. Will the horror never end.

? HOFer
    long live liberals !!!
    There is no either of those people voted democrat. Simple as that. Just because you care about other people and the future of society does not mean you're a liberal. It means you're a caring person. Name someone who started a business and was successful using liberal practices.

If anything, I think this proves that they made their wealth by following the conservative "what's mine is mine policy" and knowing that their money would go to better use privately donating it then having it taxed and pissed away by an oversized and huge government.

If he gave that 30 billion to the government instead of the private organization , it would have done 1/1000 as much good and been effectively pissed away.

Everything in moderation good friend.

? HOFer
    Quote Originally Posted by NickCollins
    I just find it funny how bored everyone is that they are all ocncerned where tank posts.

Pretty petty IMHO.
    we strive for organization, unless I misinterpreted your post