View Poll Results: What would you do if you were an 18 year old girl, been dating a wonderful guy for 3 years, and thin

Voters
45. You may not vote on this poll
  • Tell the parents?

2 4.44%
  • Tell the Boyfriend but not the parents?

3 6.67%
  • Tell both?

7 15.56%
  • Wait it out for piss sticks results?

33 73.33%
Page 11 of 30 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 21 ... LastLast

Thread: Uh-Oh!

Quote Originally Posted by SkinBasket
    Stupid behavior does not equal eccentric behavior. I have a problem with the former, not the latter.
    Skin,

You've been jumping up and down complaining about the appropriateness of this thread, saying it was "sickening attention getting." Others see some of your own shinangigans in the same light.

It's just somebody being different.

Redneck Rat HOFer Little Whiskey's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by MJZiggy
    No, LW, I was referring to the creep that's registered but has never posted and knew that Mazzin lived down south and was going to school and realized by seeing something he recognized in one of those pictures that he knows about where she is and has called around the stables looking for her horse and now that he has a picture of her truck complete with the Packer plate that all trucks in the deep south have, he knows he's seen that truck and he starts stalking her but she doesn't know it until he finds her and he will make her love him more than her immature boyfriend who doesn't deserve to have her. That's the horn dog I'm referring to. And any other of the guys who might whack off to a photo. (though B prefers the grail)
    I know zig, i was simply naming all the folks with DOG avatars!! thus HORN-DOG

Wolf Pack Rat HOFer Deputy Nutz's Avatar
    Here is another news bulletin for you all. Harlan loves to start shit, and then keep it going. He is the devils advocate of this forum, and probably only believes half the shit he types. Why do you think Mad gave him the title Dirty Rat? Because he simply jumps the other side to get a rise out of everyone.

Harlan = Drama Queen
    He doesn't give a shit about Mazzin's prego scare, but believes he is now important because he is arguing her point and most importantly arguing with Skin because he wants to keep stirring the pot.

See how he is even trying to argue with Ziggy about her contribution to this thread. Ziggy is totally looking out for Mazzin's best interest, and what does Harlan do? He tries to nullify her points about protecting yourself on the internet and with prevention of pregnancy.

Just keep it going Harlan.

Wolf Pack Rat HOFer Deputy Nutz's Avatar
    One other thing, Mazzin you don't happen to know any of us personally, and other than Skin's mention of his dog's issues with rectal bleeding, he has never posted personal info on this site, or his likes and dislikes. Basically you don't know shit about him other than his persona on this forum. It is idiotic and quite immature to make silly assumptions about him being a "loser" in real life, or having problems with his marriage. When you make stupid claims or insults about shit you know nothing about him or for that matter any of us, I have to side with Skin's take that you are a "fucktard". Be a little more creative, instead of making outlandish assumptions about a person's personal life.

Another question? Why do you keep posting the same pictures over and over again? I have seen all those pictures either on JSO or on here. What the fuck is the point in reposting them again and again?

Quote Originally Posted by Nutz
    He tries to nullify her points about protecting yourself on the internet and with prevention of pregnancy.
    I never took issue with Ziggy's points about birth control, in fact never expressed an opinion anywhere on birth control.

I did disagree with her opinion that posting a personal picture is dangerous. I think the risk of getting struck by lightening while golfing is greater.

I never argue a point I don't believe in, I doubt you could dig-up a single example of insincerity on my part. You may perceive that I argue to cause trouble because of the topics I choose to engage in. It doesn't interest me to argue a point that most people already generally agree on, the controversial issues are more fun.

cheers

Quote Originally Posted by Nutz
    Why do you think Mad gave him the title Dirty Rat? Because he simply jumps the other side to get a rise out of everyone.
    Really!? Before "Dirty Rat", I was "Rat Bastard." I thought it was joking around! Well, thanks for letting me know the truth.

Senior Rat HOFer the_idle_threat's Avatar
    Call me a "fucktard" but I think we all know why Skin's dog has problems with rectal bleeding.

Quote Originally Posted by the_idle_threat
    Call me a "fucktard" but I think we all know why Skin's dog has problems with rectal bleeding.

Unless giardia is now an STD, I don't think I am responsible this time...
    They are kinda cute though.
    "You're all very smart, and I'm very dumb." - Partial

Quote Originally Posted by Harlan Huckleby
    Skin,

You've been jumping up and down complaining about the appropriateness of this thread, saying it was "sickening attention getting." Others see some of your own shinangigans in the same light.

I was going to call you an insincere craphole, but it looks like nutz already did that. You continue to rephrase what I'm saying in your own words, then argue against them - or I should say yourself, with my name slapped on. You are now so far from the original argument that I have no idea what the fuck you are even talking about anymore, and it sounds like you don't either.

If I wanted attention I would post pictures of my fat hairy body and ask everyone what I should do about the kink in my cock.

Between you, tank, and mazzin, there is so much pot and kettle action here that I'm thinking of hosting a tea party. We're going to need a lot of teabags though.
    "You're all very smart, and I'm very dumb." - Partial

Quote Originally Posted by the_idle_threat

Unless giardia is now an STD, I don't think I am responsible this time...
    They are kinda cute though.
    Tony's cousins!!! Now he can call off the search!! Oh, they've been found!!
    "Greatness is not an act... but a habit.Greatness is not an act... but a habit." -Greg Jennings

Skin,

I was going to call you an insincere craphole, but it looks like nutz already did that. You continue to rephrase what I'm saying in your own words, then argue against them
    OK, SkinBasket, here's one direct quote:
    This whole thread makes me sick, and it's not the fact you may have been a teen (orwhateverthefrockyouare) mother. It's sickening that you seem to crave the attention of a messege board by expressing your "concerns" here
    As far as me being insincere, if you and some other people think that I argue just to create drama, I doubt you'll change your minds. For others who aren't so sure, the truth is I just like to argue. I pick topics that I care about (in this case a person was attacked unfairly by Skin & Nutz; or where Jason Wilde was doing his job reporting on Al Harris, and Nutz and others crucified the messenger; I generally defend individuals against rising pig-headed mobs.)

And the other thing about my argument style is I stay away from personal attacks, for me debate is all in good fun.

As far as this thread, the only opinion I expressed about Mazzin's situation was in my first post, I said everything was gonna work out OK. This was not just a throw-away line, it's really how I felt about the situation.

I think the advice that Ziggy and the_idle_threat gave about preventing pregnancy was sound. But I disagree with Ziggy's statement (and the condescending tone of all her advice, BTW) that "You are not ready to be a mother." This may be an unpopular viewpoint, but I sense Mazzin could be a fine mother, right now! I am glad the pregnancy test was negative. But she's not 15. And she strikes me as mature for her age. Not an ideal time to have a kid, but if the test had turned out the other way, I don't view it as a tragedy. So shoot me!

Harlan, she's not 15, she's 18. At 18 the most she could be is an upcoming sophomore in college. She is not married to this boyfriend and whether he sticks around once he gets the news of impending parenthood is not a given. When annoyed on a message board, she goes on the attack. How is she going to handle the finances of a baby, the emotional stress it puts on your relationship when it's unplanned, the resentment he's sure to dump on her for strapping him with this kid, and a very demanding baby. Babies do not tend to care if you're having a bad day. Hubby traveled for a while while we had a baby in the house. I was married, far older and more mature than Mazzin is now, financially able to take care of everything and that baby was well-planned. It was still a struggle getting through every day alone with that kid. My family is the light of my life, but having my hubby there every day would have been a godsend at that time. You can argue til you're blue as your avatar and you will not convince me that Mazzin is in any way, shape or form ready for parenthood. Hell, right now the $12,000 birth which does not include an epidural which runs $800 per hour plus the anesthesiologists bill would put her right under the table.
    "Greatness is not an act... but a habit.Greatness is not an act... but a habit." -Greg Jennings

And she strikes me as mature for her age.
    You're not serious?? I suppose our definitions of mature could be different but c'mon. What "mature" person asks 400 complete strangers on a sports forum for advise on a possible pregnancy issue?? Have a little self respect.

Elegantly Wasted Rat All-Pro Noodle's Avatar
    Blue Dog, I commonly find myself agreeing with you, which has caused me profound worry in the past.

But on one point, in this long, tortured, but intereseting thread, you are wrong: Ms. Mazzin is not ready to be a Mommy. Not fair to her (she has a lot of growing up to do), not fair to the father (he has a lot of growing up to do, even if his tool needs a magnum), not fair to the grandparents (they have their lives to live, but they will end up being de facto parents so Mazzin can continue her schooling), and, most importantly, not fair to the lil feller.

I know, there's no guarantee that waiting will make you a better parent. There's no guarantee that Mazzin wouldn't be an A-mazzin Mommy right now. Rather, it's a percentages game. Odds are, if you wait to get a little more settled and to establish a stable relationship with your mate, you increase the chances that the whole parent thing will work out.

Sure, it wouldn't be a tragedy -- that's reserved for victims of Katrina or cancer or such. But it'd be a cryin' shame.

And if I took a "condescending tone" it was because she was so busy fighting with Skinbasket that she completely ignored posts that were intended to help her situation. What was I supposed to say to get her attention when the word 'fucktard' seems so much more important than 'pregnancy prevention' and three separate people telling her not to use a condom alone.

Ziggy and Noodle:

I know this sounds like double-talk, but I don't directly disagree with what you said. Your specific points make sense.

But in my personal experience, I've known women who have had babies when they were 18, 19, 20 and raised really great families. In the cases I'm thinking of, the husbands were shits who split quickly. And the women had good lives, went to college. They both wish they had MORE kids!

People can be ok despite difficult circumstances.

Also, I don't see Mazzin as reckless in her behavior in the forum, I see confidence. Just a different take. She is no more of a hot-head than most of the 40-year-olds here.

Quote Originally Posted by MJZiggy
    And if I took a "condescending tone" it was because she was so busy fighting with Skinbasket that she completely ignored posts that were intended to help her situation.
    The advise you gave was really good, and I know you are frustrated and just trying to help.

Quote Originally Posted by GrnBay007
    What "mature" person asks 400 complete strangers on a sports forum for advise on a possible pregnancy issue??
    I find it a little eccentric. But not imature. I see confidence in herself, being able to take such a risk. And what is the harm? Frankly, it has been a very enlightening discussion for all. I'm sure she got very useful advise, despite some bad feelings spread by a few.

Blog Entries
    First off, I agree with everything MJ has said up to this point.

Secondly, I agree Harlan likes to argue and play devils advocate. But to argue she is ready is unsupported crap.

Third, we don't know for sure whether Mazzin is ready, but every ounce of common sense would dictate that she probably is not.

She was elated when the bullet was once again dodged and she still seemed to have a bit of the attitude that she doesn't need to modify her actions to avoid this happening again. Maybe that will change with some considerations in here and with time.

Since she was happier the day wasn't now, she didn't really want it to happen and that alone tells me she's not ready.

She's 18 and not married (and if you try to argue that single moms do fine I'll say no shit, but there aren't many mentally ready at 18) and that alone tells me the time is not right.

B

Correct, Sophmore in college. You saying that I went on an attack....have you not read the whole time, I was personally attacked by skinbasket, and than I retaliate so therefore I'm in the wrong. WTF?

I doubt I'm mature enough right now, all I care about now is School, Working, Family and Packers...not particularly in that order.

If I were to have gotten pregnant I would have loved the kid with all my heart and done my damndest to make sure he/she has one of the best lives she could under these conditions.

The last thing was me and my boyfriend have been dating for a while, and we have talked about it, he strongly belives that if he were to get me pregnant we would maintain the same relationship that we currently have, BUT we would probably grow closer with the great gift from god. Also my boyfriend has a pretty good job for his age, he is a warehouse manager of a big carpet store where I live. He makes around 1600-2100 every two weeks...maybe more if he sells stuff and makes commission.

I have worked for everything I have My truck, my apartment, all the way down to my cell phone, and HD tv. Got all of those things on my own....If a baby were to be born I would probably get rid of most of it, and my boyfriend and I would just move into the same apartment and save money that way, and i would get rid of my truck, and get something with a littler payment. I would do all the things neccesarry to make sure that my little kid had what they needed, not saying i would be the best mom ever, but I would most certainly be the best mom I could be.

One last note, anyone that I offended or pissed off im sorry.
    Normal is an illusion. What is normal for the spider is chaos for the fly. -Morticia Addams