View Poll Results: What would you do if you were an 18 year old girl, been dating a wonderful guy for 3 years, and thin

Voters
45. You may not vote on this poll
  • Tell the parents?

2 4.44%
  • Tell the Boyfriend but not the parents?

3 6.67%
  • Tell both?

7 15.56%
  • Wait it out for piss sticks results?

33 73.33%
Page 12 of 30 FirstFirst ... 2 10 11 12 13 14 22 ... LastLast

Thread: Uh-Oh!

Right Mazzin, your cruisin days down A1A would go from a truck to a minivan.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by GBMichele
    Right Mazzin, your cruisin days down A1A would go from a truck to a minivan.
    Yes, I'm one of those depressed Minivaners; still denying the concept that a Minivan officially means my youth is washed up..........but it's prolly true.

So Mazzin.......don't let yourself get tempted by a minivan for many many years to come...aka.....the rugrats can wait til later.

Quote Originally Posted by Bretsky
    Secondly, I agree Harlan likes to argue and play devils advocate. But to argue she is ready is unsupported crap.
    Umm, I only play devils advocate in cases where I really side with the devil. I really did beleive that the Packers should have redone Walker's deal in early 2005!

Also, I never argued that Mazzin is ready. But I offer Mazzin's last post as exhibit A that she would be OK, despite not being ready.

Quote Originally Posted by Bretsky
    So Mazzin.......don't let yourself get tempted by a minivan for many many years to come
    You mean she should stay out of boys' minivans with bumper sticker, "If this minivan's a rockin, don't come a knockin!"

? HOFer
    Quote Originally Posted by Mazzin
    If I were to have gotten pregnant I would have loved the kid with all my heart and done my damndest to make sure he/she has one of the best lives she could under these conditions.
    Which probably isn't enough. There are many, many statistics and studies that show if you want to give you child the best possible live, you have it at 30 or 31. There is no way your kid could enjoy his youth and participate in sports and take some tennis lessons, play in band, etc by having it at this age. There is just no way you guys would be fiscally in a position to provide those things when you're 25-30 when you're paying off student loans, mortgage, diapers, etc. Kids are expensive as hell.

The last thing was me and my boyfriend have been dating for a while, and we have talked about it, he strongly belives that if he were to get me pregnant we would maintain the same relationship that we currently have, BUT we would probably grow closer with the great gift from god. Also my boyfriend has a pretty good job for his age, he is a warehouse manager of a big carpet store where I live. He makes around 1600-2100 every two weeks...maybe more if he sells stuff and makes commission.
    I'm going to make an assumption here. Yes, that is a very good job for an 18 year old. I have no idea how old the guy is. My guess is, if he is making that money year round, then he is not going to school. While that is fine and dandy for some, that money is not going to that far unless there is some serious advancement. 25k is NOT enough to provide for a family on. In addition to the aforementioned statements, you won't have even close to the same relationship you have now. That's incredibly ignorant and short sighted. I don't know how your relationship is now, but you'll be fist deep in poop and baby food for several hours a day for the next several years. Assuming you do not do that now, it will take a significant amount of time away from one another, and provide several more hours of exhausting work. I am not one to say you're not up to the tasks, but to think it'll be as it is now is incorrect.

I have worked for everything I have My truck, my apartment, all the way down to my cell phone, and HD tv. Got all of those things on my own....If a baby were to be born I would probably get rid of most of it, and my boyfriend and I would just move into the same apartment and save money that way, and i would get rid of my truck, and get something with a littler payment. I would do all the things neccesarry to make sure that my little kid had what they needed, not saying i would be the best mom ever, but I would most certainly be the best mom I could be.
    It seems to me like you're not concerned about saving money or anything like that, instead spending it on goods that quickly depreciate in value. That's not a good idea, just a tip for life.

One last note, anyone that I offended or pissed off im sorry.
    I think a lot of people are pissed at one another in this thread. I don't see why, but whatever.

edit ----- Gah! Despite taking boat loads of math for engineering, I still cannot add. Disregard the part about money. How the hell does an 18 year old find a 50k a year sugar-daddy?

[quote="Harlan Huckleby"]
    OK, SkinBasket, here's one direct quote:
    Quote Originally Posted by SkinBasket
    This whole thread makes me sick, and it's not the fact you may have been a teen (orwhateverthefrockyouare) mother. It's sickening that you seem to crave the attention of a messege board by expressing your "concerns" here
    That's not the part I have a problem with you arguing. It's all this garbage about me attacking mazzni because she is "eccentric" and "different." You continue to substitute "eccentric" and "different" for whatever I tell you I have a problem with, such as being stupid, acting irresponsibly, attention whoring, etc., then tell me I'm an asshole for attacking someone because they are "different" or "eccentric." Your words, not mine. That's why I think you are an insincere funhole.

I know it's easier for you to argue the point I'm not making, but for fuck's sake, put some effort into this if you enjoy it so much.

Meanwhile you've continued to tell me I'm attacking someone who's "different" although for pages of this nonsense, I was standing alone with the only dissenting opinion on this thread. I was the one who was "different" and every time I defended my opinion against you or mazzin or tank, you tell me I'm "attention whoring." Mazzin continues to tell me to stop making "personal attacks" by attacking me personally, and tank tank continues to have a vast knowledge of my posts despite having sworn that he doesn't read them.

So pot.. kettle... teapot... lick my balls.
    "You're all very smart, and I'm very dumb." - Partial

Wolf Pack Rat HOFer Deputy Nutz's Avatar
    Partial, You are the worlds biggest cocksucker, which is saying something because I have seen the Paris Hilton sex tape. Now go fuck yourself.

I just didn't want you to feel left out, you snoring bastard.

Shutdown Corner Rat HOFer Anti-Polar Bear's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Nutz
    Partial, You are the worlds biggest cocksucker, which is saying something because I have seen the Paris Hilton sex tape. Now go fuck yourself.

Well, the nut roll is what, 28 or something, and is married with children and he's a high school teacher, so my guess is, nutz know a thing or two about fatherhood and budget.

(using my excellent investigative skill, i found out that it is highly likely the nut roll is a high school teacher when he mentioned he coached a fb team in the movie thread. that plus the fact that nutz is a stay at home dad for the summer. Gosh, i fucking hate high school teachers who also coached the varsity fb team. I had to wait til my senior year to start a CB, even though I was the best goddamn CB at the whole school for 4 years)
    I'm not going to stop the wheel. I'm going to break the wheel.

Quote Originally Posted by Anti-Polar Bear

Well, the nut roll is what, 28 or something, and is married with children and he's a high school teacher, so my guess is, nutz know a thing or two about fatherhood and budget.

(using my excellent investigative skill, i found out that it is highly likely the nut roll is a high school teacher when he mentioned he coached a fb team in the movie thread. that plus the fact that nutz is a stay at home dad for the summer. Gosh, i fucking hate high school teachers who also coached the varsity fb team. I had to wait til my senior year to start a CB, even though I was the best goddamn CB at the whole school for 4 years)
    Gee, the hacker acused me of being a teacher.
    You want my address as well? Why so intrested in me Tank? Why so eager to investigate me?

By the way, you don't need to be a high school teacher to coach high school athletics, but nice try.

Coming out of the closet Tank?

Gee, the hacker acused me of being a teacher.
    You want my address as well? Why so intrested in me Tank? Why so eager to investigate me?

By the way, you don't need to be a high school teacher to coach high school athletics, but nice try.

Coming out of the closet Tank?
    Nut Roll, i am just getting back at you for thinking my dad smokes pot like me. I have no clue the hecker accused you of being a teacher. I said it is "likely" sicne only teachers gets off for the summer and they usualy coach the FB team. Now you could be a Professor, but since you say you cant afford a Vivo, that is out of the question.

I have no interest in you Nut Roll. I making fun of you for making fun of my father.

interesting place and way to get back at someone. Did you mean to post it here?

Quote Originally Posted by Anti-Polar Bear

Read the above again. I was replying to what your were replying to Partail.

You are a father, you are not 30-31, the age Partail said, best suits conception, so I attampt to say, you know something about being married with children since you are what, 28. And you know something about budget since you are a stay at home dad. Would a stay at home dad who cant afford a vivo be a free lence spender?

I am assuming you are a teacher since you are currrently a stay at home dad. Teaches get summer off.

? HOFer
    Well Nutz, i've pondered a come back for a few hours now to no avail. I guess that fact settles it. I am in fact the biggest cock sucker

Tank, I don't even need to address you. I would appreciate it if you called me by my correct name, instead of Partail, though.

The joke, Nut Roll, is that you are a STAY AT HOME DAD. Hahahaha.

Now that you said you are not a teacher, you remind me very much of Peg Bundy.

Quote Originally Posted by Partial
    Well Nutz, i've pondered a come back for a few hours now to no avail. I guess that fact settles it. I am in fact the biggest cock sucker

Tank, I don't even need to address you. I would appreciate it if you called me by my correct name, instead of Partail, though.
    Yes!!! I win again.
    I would hope, that you knew that I was kidding, you don't have big enough lips.

Quote Originally Posted by Partial
    Quote Originally Posted by Mazzin
    If I were to have gotten pregnant I would have loved the kid with all my heart and done my damndest to make sure he/she has one of the best lives she could under these conditions.
    Which probably isn't enough. There are many, many statistics and studies that show if you want to give you child the best possible live, you have it at 30 or 31. There is no way your kid could enjoy his youth and participate in sports and take some tennis lessons, play in band, etc by having it at this age. There is just no way you guys would be fiscally in a position to provide those things when you're 25-30 when you're paying off student loans, mortgage, diapers, etc. Kids are expensive as hell.
    Partial, I see that most people around me are waiting until their mid-30's to have kids. I understand the financial reasons for doing so, it makes sense, and I can believe it is a successful strategy.

But I know several people who have done very well otherwise. There are some advantages to raising kids in your 20's, as opposed to 30's and 40's. It really is possible to get back into college and career in your 30's, after kids are older. You have more energy for your kids, and you have longer to be with them. I know 3 women who have been very happy and successful after devoting early years to child raising.

When you think about it, whether you raise your kids in your 20's or 30's/40's is NOT that GIANT of a difference. It competes with career either way. It certainly is no trajedy, or a "crying shame", as noodle put it, to bring up kids in your 20's.

Hell, my mom did it, and I only turned-out a little fucked up. In not so distant past, it was standard for women to have babies when they were 17-23 years old.

Finances are not everything in making a happy life! Again, in the not so distant past, young kids weren't showered so much materialy, and they did ok. I don't disagree with the arguments that having kids in 30's works well for providing for young kids. But it ain't the only way.

I am in my twenties and I have two kids. So I believe that I am doing it right, but what is right for me, may not be right for any of you.

I think that might sum up Harlan's argument, although I would never speak for him without using a microphone.

God dammit Mazz, what the hell am I supposed to do with these adorable little socks that I just spent 3 hours knitting???

Well, for me it is a "shit happens" argument too. As John Lennon sang, "Life is what happens to you when you're busy making other plans."

When life strikes you with aids, what do you do? You make lemonaids! Sorry, that is terrible joke.

? HOFer
    Yes!!! I win again.
    I would hope, that you knew that I was kidding, you don't have big enough lips.
    So much of my authority is derived from the power of my lips