View Poll Results: What would you do if you were an 18 year old girl, been dating a wonderful guy for 3 years, and thin

Voters
45. You may not vote on this poll
  • Tell the parents?

2 4.44%
  • Tell the Boyfriend but not the parents?

3 6.67%
  • Tell both?

7 15.56%
  • Wait it out for piss sticks results?

33 73.33%
Page 20 of 30 FirstFirst ... 10 18 19 20 21 22 ... LastLast

Thread: Uh-Oh!

Senior Rat All-Pro jack's smirking revenge's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Little Whiskey
    thanks mike, i enjoy understanding the reason for some of the cliches or slangs that we say.

for instance do you know why prostitutes are sometimes called hookers??

during the civil war a general who was known for having his soilders "needs" taken care of, his name was Hooker, and his "girls" where known as hookers girls. which was shortend later to simply hookers.
    Wow, I feel like I learned something important today. Thanks Whiskey.

tyler
    Receive thy new Possessor: One who brings
    A mind not to be chang'd by Place or Time.
    The mind is its own place, and in it self
    Can make a Heav'n of Hell, a Hell of Heav'n.

"Paradise Lost"-John Milton

Quote Originally Posted by Little Whiskey
    thanks mike, i enjoy understanding the reason for some of the cliches or slangs that we say.
    I can't take credit for someone else's work.....here's the link I omitted:

http://www.word-detective.com/

Wolf Pack Rat HOFer Deputy Nutz's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Harlan Huckleby
    Quote Originally Posted by Nutz
    Listen I consider you a bit of an instigator, and a devils advocate. Maybe I am wrong in that opinion of you. If I am then I truly apologize for that kick to your nuts.
    Well, I've tried to explain that I am sincere in my opinions. I appear to be a contrarian because I only bother to jump-in on arguments where an argument is lacking. It's not so much fun to argue for a position that is already generally accepted. Don't you think Cliff Crystl, another contrarian, has thousands of opinions that line-up with the mainstream that he just doesn't bother to mention?

But lets say I am a devils advocate & instigator. So what? Are devils advocates and instigators unwelcome in this forum? I don't think it's OK to kick Son of Vic in the nuts. The measure of civility of a group is how they treat the unpopular people.
    You come up with all these sayings or credos, or whatever. Harlan don't get up on your soap box and claim that you are unpopular on this forum or any other forum that we've been a part of, because that is simply not true.

I like Son of Vic, because at least I know where the guy stands. He has had the same take for the last year. Don't give me shit about giving Tank crap, because he has gone after me personally a number of times. Do I whine or go in my hole, and say he isn't being respectful? No I dished it back and gave him shit. Granted, it is a fruitless process.

When did I ever say certain people weren't welcome on this forum? I will take anyone of any kind as long as they follow our simple rules. So don't start blowing smoke about me telling people they are not welcome. Hell, I've never even told Tank to get lost, why would I tell someone like you to beat it?

My last post was to put an end to this, but if you just want to treat me like Scott Campell go ahead, I won't lose any sleep over it. I certainly won't hound over you and bash you at every turn on this forum.

Quote Originally Posted by Noodle
    Um, Woody, it's all good, my Great White Northern brother.

I think the comments that have appeared since Monday have all been about a bigger issue than your single outburst. Don't take this as being directed solely at you, or at anyone else specifically (well, okay, Nutz and Skin should take this as directed at them).

The issue is about how we as a group are going to try to get along in a way that's spirited, fun, a little salty, a little knowledgeable, and, in the end, that fosters more and more debate.

Just because we're in a new country, doesn't mean we're immune from the problems that caused us to immigrate. If anything, we all carry a little of that in us. So, I think Little Whiskey's (great riff on the spade thing) and Smirking Jack's points are all good to keep in mind.

To paraphrase ol' Ben Franklin:
    When asked what he had wrought at the end of the day, MTP exclaimed: "A discussion forum, if you can keep it . . . ."
    Yes Noodle. I think alot of us have a perspective on this whole thread that is supportive of 'the Big Picture' as you put it - so well.

Just maybe - this will be one of the greatest threads on OUR forum, a point to grow from as members in concert. I don't mean to appear naive either, as it takes alot of effort on everyone's part, but isn't this site becoming better than what we came from?

I pop'd into JSO, in my need for 'things Packer', after we tripped last night, and that visit left alot to be desired. That forum is struggling.

There are people over there that will come here in time ,if they really give this site a decent chance. There are some solid posters still at JSO.
    ** Since 2006 3 X Pro Pickem' Champion; 4 X Runner-Up and 3 X 3rd place.
    ** To download Jesus Loves Me ring tones, you'll need a cell phone mame
    ** If God doesn't fish, play poker or pull for " the Packers ", exactly what does HE do with his buds?
    ** Rather than love, money or fame - give me TRUTH: Henry D. Thoreau

Blog Entries
    I admit this thread got a little salty, but guess why, you can't tell me you never got into a heated argument with your friends?
    Nutz, just from my perspective, I am never offended by SkinBasket way of arguing with me. I'll buy that his remarks are just "salty."

You cross a line. For example, you announced that Mad gave me the "Dirty Rat" label because my posts are disingenuous. (You can fetch the exact quote if you don't like my paraphrase.) I don't know if anyone bought this remark, but its a below-the-belt thing to say. Ultimate Fighting.
    Harlan,

I've always liked and respected Nutz and have no problems with him; but I do agree with you here. Low blow IMO.

B

Shutdown Corner Rat HOFer Anti-Polar Bear's Avatar

My last post was to put an end to this, but if you just want to treat me like Scott Campell go ahead, I won't lose any sleep over it. I certainly won't hound over you and bash you at every turn on this forum.
    What is it about Scotty that makes him so special?
    I'm not going to stop the wheel. I'm going to break the wheel.

Quote Originally Posted by Bretsky
    I admit this thread got a little salty, but guess why, you can't tell me you never got into a heated argument with your friends?
    Nutz, just from my perspective, I am never offended by SkinBasket way of arguing with me. I'll buy that his remarks are just "salty."

You cross a line. For example, you announced that Mad gave me the "Dirty Rat" label because my posts are disingenuous. (You can fetch the exact quote if you don't like my paraphrase.) I don't know if anyone bought this remark, but its a below-the-belt thing to say. Ultimate Fighting.
    Harlan,

I've always liked and respected Nutz and have no problems with him; but I do agree with you here. Low blow IMO.

B
    You wanna know whats bullshit? And I will pull it up if I have to, but what I got pissed about is that Harlan brings up conversations, that shall we say priviledged. And then basically calls be a backstabber Wait, I will go find the actual post. Lets all kiss Harlans ass, he is crying those crocodile tears for you all.

You know what the fuck the problem is on this forum, you give an apology, or admit that your wrong and you still hear about shit for two more fucking pages. Same shit is happening to Woodbuck as well. He fucked up with a post, he was called on it, and 5 pages later people are still bringing it up.

[qoute="nutz"]
    Nutz, you've been among those spinning theories about the scary person known as Mazzin, at least Skinbucket had the nads to say it in publicly. I got name for you and your judgemental ilk: pussies.

Harlan you really are a little bitch. I say certain things in the right places, and you think you can bring them up and try to beat me over the head with them. You're a piece of shit, for even bringing up that shit. You're an ass because you say, "don't talk bad about people, but can you speak up so I can at least hear?"

Harlan unlike you, I don't need a closed closet to express myself, especially my opinions of folks on a internet forum.

Here is an idea, and pay really fucking close attention, I don't fucking trust Mazzin, and not because I don't think she isn't who she says she is, but because she is niave, and doesn't have a clue with what she posts. I mean she critiques Skin for vaulting his opinions about her, when she started a thread completely about herself and her sex life. Come on, this isn't fucking myspace for shit sake. Maybe I haven't lived long enough in cyberworld, but I sure as shit learned my leason with Hacker fuckwad to know better than post pictures of myself, pictures of my truck, my home, and then tell people where I live all on sites that can be viewed by damn near anyone. I sure as shit wouldn't be doing it if I was an 18 year old girl.

There I said all I have to say about Mazzin, out in the open. Mazzin I am being straight with ya, and I hope my opinion of you matters very little in your life.[/quote]

Here is my reply to Harlan on page 4. Did he respond no, because he was cowardly in the first place bringing that shit up.

....wait....are you talking about the same guy that nailed scott campbell for posting something on the forum from a private email?

.....sorry.....2 cents.

Quote Originally Posted by GrnBay007
    ....wait....are you talking about the same guy that nailed scott campbell for posting something on the forum from a private email?

.....sorry.....2 cents.
    Yup, same guy and everything.

God Harlan is right! Its like I am13 again.

The measure of civility of a group is how they treat the unpopular people.
    You come up with all these sayings or credos, or whatever. Harlan don't get up on your soap box and claim that you are unpopular on this forum
    Think of me as the new Buddhah. Actually, there is some physical resemblance. I may not be unpopular, but I frequently find myself a guest on various shit lists.

I really wasn't much thinking of you when I made this post. So your defensiveness (about you not picking on SOV & Tank etc.) was not necessary, sorry for implication that I was directly criticizing you.

I was just responding, in a general sense, to your statement that seemed to suggest that Devil's Advocates and Instigators are due a little extra something-something up the anus.

Here is my reply to Harlan on page 4. Did he respond no, because he was cowardly in the first place bringing that shit up.
    I didn't respond because there's not much to say. For those unaware of what Nutz is worked-up about, lets get a handle on the crime that Nutz identified:

I made a brief, indirect reference to an opinion that Nutz expressed about Mazzin in a (now defunct) private forum .
    Nutz then had opportunity to phrase and defend his opinion.

.....sorry.....2 cents.
    Well 007, as long as we have your 2 cents, lets go for a dime, or even a quarter.

You never said much about Scott's faux pax, is that because you didn't think it was too big of a deal?

I would say our indiscretions are pretty different, if you way factors of malicious intent, and harm done.

Do you see them as comparable? I won't argue with you if you wish to weigh-in with opinion. (Am braced for the worst!)

Did Harlan say something bed to Campbell? I must've missed it. Seems like yesturday, Harlan and Campbell were brothers in arm against me and Woodbuck.

I guess in a world where Iraq can be our ally in a minute and our ememy the next, anything is possible.

Thanx Harlan for defending me.

Quote Originally Posted by Anti-Polar Bear

What is it about Scotty that makes him so special?

The sauce.

I was raped by Scott Campbell.

Actually I suppose it is time to put Woodygate to bed.

Macro Roni and Cheese! I just read a few pages back and it seems like The Kentucky hates me really much. I think it has something to do with me calling him the Whore, which in Italian is say kentucky, or kentucki.

Attacking someone just makes matters worse.
    ummm....so does posting something publicly that was written for only certain peeps.
    I'm not sure if I'm perceiving this correctly. There may be something here that has beem misrepresented and used wrongly against an innocent party - Harlan ?

I'm guessing here. An incorrect perception you grnbay007, may have of Harlan, based on misrepresentation. It's hard to tell, as some of you fellas seem to get a polish, talking in code.

If this isn't a forum matter then I'm way off base, so please, ignore this post. I don't want to stumble into your love/sex lives.

I'll run you through this grnbay007. Also my intent is not to open any wounds but emphasize the TRUTH. If anyone wants to open a certain can of worms, they will after this find a uncooperative party in me.

Here goes:

If XX (that's Harlan) writes *** something ie an E-Mail, (about person - YY) and writes that to person - ZZ . . . as a personal and confidential correspondence . . .

and ZZ goes public with it *** to try to shock or otherwise harm YY , in a face to face confrontation with YY . . . and. . . in so doing, compromises the trust that XX placed in ZZ because of certain possibly perceived sensitivity.

Then ZZ is clearly unethical, on at least two counts.

1. Malisciousness by ZZ in the manner of the attacks, or need to use such methods on YY - or resorting to unfair tactics, as in using the name of an imagined ally ( XX ) or a lame alliance and. . .

2. A betrayel of XX's TRUST - by ZZ publishing in a public forum what XX wrote about YY in private - confidence with only ZZparticularly given the content of that correspondence that could have caused a REAL Forest Fire or escalated the problem.

As I see it. It matters little, what was said discussed or otherwise communicated as long as all communications were in confidence, excluding the rest of the world.

XX, YY and ZZ said this or that, about whatever and XX was in the middle. What is evidence of the worst wrong doing, is the publication of the private /confidential correspondence by ZZ.

Harlan isn't guilty ( or is innocent) of such willful abuse of a privalege/ confidence, In any matter that ever concerned me.

In my scenario above Harlan is XX.

The identification of all the parties and the specifics of the matter isn't of pertenence, as it's long over .

Ancient history to me is last week. Why do people carry on with stupid grudges - a waste of energy?

I felt possibly that Harlan has taken heat he didn't deserve. I'm out publicly to say he has been misjudged if that is the case.

postscript.

My deal here, is not to open old wounds, but rather make some efffort of ensureing that noone on this board is wrongfully acccused of mischief. I re-read this thread tonight. . . yes I know that's masochistic. . . and really felt a concern for how Harlan is interpreted and then that old crap about publishing whatever came up. . Red Flag !

I will not go back there, other than this loose end approach, that may be entirely off the mark. I elected not to get personal by utilizing the PM approach. Certainly this thread is ' of an OPEN - of the PUBLIC ' sort.
    ** Since 2006 3 X Pro Pickem' Champion; 4 X Runner-Up and 3 X 3rd place.
    ** To download Jesus Loves Me ring tones, you'll need a cell phone mame
    ** If God doesn't fish, play poker or pull for " the Packers ", exactly what does HE do with his buds?
    ** Rather than love, money or fame - give me TRUTH: Henry D. Thoreau

Quote Originally Posted by woodbuck27

Attacking someone just makes matters worse.
    ummm....so does posting something publicly that was written for only certain peeps.
    I'm not sure if I'm perceiving this correctly. There may be something here that has beem misrepresented and used wrongly against an innocent party -Harlan ?

I'm guessing here. An incorrect perception you grnbay007 may have of Harlan,based on misrepresentation. It's hard to tell, as some of you fellas seem to get a polish talking in code.
    Woody, I got kinda dizzy reading all the XX's and ZZ's.

...anyway, that was my response to HH and my attempt at a very discreet reminder to HH that he doesn't live in a glass house. ....as none of us do.