Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5

Thread: (Senator?) Caroline Kennedy

I don't give a flying fuck about the governor from Alaska any more than I do about the governor of Idaho. It's not hypocrisy. That's just how it is. She has no bearing on my life. The pipelines are federal projects. She does not control them. Basically she is governor of a big fucking wilderness and you can't seem to realize that this fact has little bearing on the rest of us. Let me ask you--had you even heard of her before McCain chose her (a choice he was criticized for WITHIN the republican party mind you as there were better candidates available or are you trying to convince me that there weren't other, better choices out there? If Sarah Palin is the best the republican party has to offer, I'd be very worried were I you).

It no longer matters where Obama came from. I don't care where he came from. He is about to be the President. He will still govern you. End of story.
    "Greatness is not an act... but a habit.Greatness is not an act... but a habit." -Greg Jennings

The point with Obama was that he was hoisted from rank irrelevancy--far more irrelevant than Palin--by the elitist leftist media. Now, hell yeah, for better or worse, he is damn relevant--and we will all suffer for it.
    Tex, when this happens let's talk about it. MJZ is right, Palin is irrelevant right now. In 8 years we can argue the point.

Quote Originally Posted by MJZiggy
    I don't give a flying fuck about the governor from Alaska any more than I do about the governor of Idaho. It's not hypocrisy. That's just how it is. She has no bearing on my life. The pipelines are federal projects. She does not control them. Basically she is governor of a big fucking wilderness and you can't seem to realize that this fact has little bearing on the rest of us. Let me ask you--had you even heard of her before McCain chose her (a choice he was criticized for WITHIN the republican party mind you as there were better candidates available or are you trying to convince me that there weren't other, better choices out there? If Sarah Palin is the best the republican party has to offer, I'd be very worried were I you).

It no longer matters where Obama came from. I don't care where he came from. He is about to be the President. He will still govern you. End of story.
    OK, fine, but what did you think about the irrelevant black guy who spoke at the Dem convention four years ago, and subsequently was the toast of the leftist mainstream media four the next four years?

Did you whine and bellyache about him getting too much attention then?

Did you feel the need to point out how insignificant a state legislator was or how unqualified he was?

If you can honestly answer yes to those questions, then you maybe aren't a total politically biased hypocrite with a horrible double standard? Even that, though, would assume the equivalence of the governor of a state with a state legislator.
    What could be more GOOD and NORMAL and AMERICAN than Packer Football?

I thought he must have given one hell of a speech to garner that kind of attention.

Find where I whined about Palin getting too much attention.

He wasn't running for anything. What would have been the point?

These were not yes or no questions. Although admittedly the governor of a state and a state legislator are not on the same plane, I bet he represented more people than she does as governor. He certainly does now, doesn't he? Now, PIP is right. Let's discuss this in 8 years when it comes up again.
    "Greatness is not an act... but a habit.Greatness is not an act... but a habit." -Greg Jennings

I thought he must have given one hell of a speech to garner that kind of attention.

Find where I whined about Palin getting too much attention.

He wasn't running for anything. What would have been the point?

These were not yes or no questions. Although admittedly the governor of a state and a state legislator are not on the same plane, I bet he represented more people than she does as governor. He certainly does now, doesn't he? Now, PIP is right. Let's discuss this in 8 years when it comes up again.
    Hell Yeah! He said exactly what America-hating leftist assholes in the media wanted to hear.

You whine about Palin every time her name is brought up. As you like to point out, Palin isn't running for anything either--your apparent justification for whining that she is irrelevant. If it's "What would have been the point?" about Obama then, what is your point in bellyaching about Palin now--if not bias and a sick double standard?

Just looking at the math of it, I doubt if you divide the population of Illinois by the number of state legislators you get more than 600,000--your figure for the Alaska population.

As for the "Let's discuss this in 8 years" thing, you and PIP are making the giant leap of an assumption that Obama will be around for a second term. Apparently, a lot of those who were hoodwinked into voting for him are already getting buyers remorse. If he actually doesn't screw up royally and most of us actually don't suffer because he was elected, I will be pleased to give him credit, as that would be good for the country. I always gave Bill Clinton a degree of credit for not governing as horribly as his liberal background said he would, but then, he had the Gingrich Congress and the dotcom boom bringing success. Obama, on the other hand, has assholes like Reid and Pelosi leading a near filibuster proof majority to inflict all manner of evil upon us.

He was at the Democratic National Convention. You thought he'd praise the Republican platform?

Nobody was using Obama to trash the winning incumbent for months after the election back then either. The point is that you won't shut the fuck up about her comparing her to Obama every chance you see the slightest opportunity and for some bizarre reason obsessing about whether I like her. I don't and you can't change that.

And that's not my figure for the Alaska population. It's their official number from the US Census Bureau or are they America hating leftists over there too?

Why don't you wait and see how it plays out before you go on the attack. You've just said that you thought better of Clinton's governance than you thought you would. Why not see if the same holds true for Obama.

Oh. I just thought of it. I read a headline this morning that said the Obama tax CUTS will take effect soon. I didn't get the chance to read the article, so could you please explain that headline to me?

Can ya’ll go take a Midol and watch a Lifetime movie?

That one movie about a woman.
    After lunch the players lounged about the hotel patio watching the surf fling white plumes high against the darkening sky. Clouds were piling up in the west… Vince Lombardi frowned.

He was at the Democratic National Convention. You thought he'd praise the Republican platform?

Nobody was using Obama to trash the winning incumbent for months after the election back then either. The point is that you won't shut the fuck up about her comparing her to Obama every chance you see the slightest opportunity and for some bizarre reason obsessing about whether I like her. I don't and you can't change that.

And that's not my figure for the Alaska population. It's their official number from the US Census Bureau or are they America hating leftists over there too?

Why don't you wait and see how it plays out before you go on the attack. You've just said that you thought better of Clinton's governance than you thought you would. Why not see if the same holds true for Obama.

Oh. I just thought of it. I read a headline this morning that said the Obama tax CUTS will take effect soon. I didn't get the chance to read the article, so could you please explain that headline to me?
    So you're acknowledging that appealing to America-haters is simply the natural thing to do at the Dem Convention. I wouldn't dispute that.

The point about the Alaska population was your probably ludicrous statement that Obama represented more people as an Illinois state legislator than the 600,000 of Alaskans. Do you really claim Illinois population divided by the number of legislators is more than 600,000? I haven't looked it up yet, but I will if necessary.

Didn't I already say, I'll give Obama credit if he departs from his stated intentions and the horrendous crap that would result? Some say his cabinet choices indicate he might be doing that, but it's way to early to be sure. He, or at least his people, are also saying the right stuff on this Israeli operation to take out the Hamas terrorists. There, too, we'll see when he is actually in position to do good or harm. See, I'm fair and balanced enough to give the guy credit if he deserves it.

As for the tax thing, what he plans on doing is a wash for people making under 200,000 or so, as he and the Dem Congress are steadfastly refusing to extend Bush's tax cuts. It will be a bloodbath for those over 200,000, and the news today is that they want to backdate it to 2009 instead of waiting 'til 2010. Apparently, some of his advisors are telling how stupid it is to raise taxes on anybody in an economic downturn, but he plans to do it anyway.

BTW, regarding the original subject of the thread, poor pathetic Caroline, apparently she had a little press conference today, and lived up to the pathetic label--among other things, 130 "ya know"s in about 15 minutes, and I think it was the NY Times that counted.

No, I'm saying that anything democratic would be considered America hating by you, therefore anything said at the DNC would be de facto America hating to you.

Obama represented the 13th Illinois District from the south side of Chicago. He represented 781,000 people. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Illinoi...ional_district

Yes, let's wait until he does good or harm to discuss further, I agree.

I haven't seen her speech yet, and if she can't make a point clearly, then that would indicate a problem, though wouldn't it. Wait, I thought the damn leftist America hating media would refuse to report something bad about a dem. Hmmmmm....There's bias in that there bias.

Howard, unfortunately the Midol would only work for one of us. Is it the movie where the woman falls in love with the dude and he turns out to be a horse's ass? I've seen that one before.

No, I'm saying that anything democratic would be considered America hating by you, therefore anything said at the DNC would be de facto America hating to you.

Obama represented the 13th Illinois District from the south side of Chicago. He represented 781,000 people. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Illinoi...ional_district

Yes, let's wait until he does good or harm to discuss further, I agree.

I haven't seen her speech yet, and if she can't make a point clearly, then that would indicate a problem, though wouldn't it. Wait, I thought the damn leftist America hating media would refuse to report something bad about a dem. Hmmmmm....There's bias in that there bias.

Howard, unfortunately the Midol would only work for one of us. Is it the movie where the woman falls in love with the dude and he turns out to be a horse's ass? I've seen that one before.
    Did you mean to say "democratic"? Or did you mean "Democratic"? I would agree that the latter is saturated with America-hate--the former only to the extent that it is part of the latter.

Are you telling me there is only one state legislature district in Illinois for each Congressional district--only 20 or so members in their state legislature--the same number as they have Congressmen? It would be interesting to get that verified.

Yeah, that media thing about Caroline had me baffled too. Either they just couldn't avoid it, or else some of them would prefer a more effective rotten lefty like Cuomo, I suppose.

I think we should all give this another look:

Iowahawk Guest Opinion
    by Rosa Ortiz
    Chief of Housekeeping Staff
    Estate of Caroline Kennedy

Buenos dias! I am Rosa. I twelve years work for Senora Caroline Kennedy and her family so I am write for you today to tell you why Senora Kennedy is make very very good senator for Nueva York. Senora Kennedy is very busy now with party menus so she tell me to write this when I am finish with floors and make the bed for guest wing. I am now finish so I write this.

Senora Kennedy is very very sad that television man say he no think she is make a good senator in Washington. This is not right for you to think this too because Senora Kennedy is make very good senator! Here is the reasons:

Senora Kennedy she is from famous senator family. Senora Kennedy father was El Presidente. She have tio who is senator. She have many cousin who also is senator, even all the ones with the drug problems. Why she is only one who no is senator? This is no fair to her. In my old country was the law that all family of el Presidente is also Senator or Minister until the revolucion.

Senora Kennedy is many plaques. She have a diploma from the Senator school and many trophies. She have many famous photografias and autografias. I know this because I have to clean her office every Tuesday and is very hard for to dust all this many things.

Senora Kennedy have very many busy jobs. She is edit the book for the children and the poetry. She also choose the winners for the many awards she is boss for. It is make her very tired, but every day Senora is go to work for the volunteer to raise the money for the awards and the charity. She have many parties at the home and the museum. She work very hard to shop for the new gowns and invitacions. She is also make the seating arrange and hide the tequila from Tio Teddy so he not get borracho. This she do for the poor.

Senora Kennedy she is the good mother. She is raise her two girls by herself, with the nannies, and every night read the girls the poetry book she edit. The nannies are go now because the girls they also are go off now to Senator school.

Senora Kennedy she is always know the issues. Every morning she always tell me, "Rosa, where is my New York Time paper?" Then she read it before she go to Fifth Avenue for the shopping. When she get back she tell me to put it in the recycle because to save the planet.

Senora Kennedy is the good boss for the people. She treat everybody on the staff very nice and no yell. We all get one day off in the week and she give the $200 bonus this Christmas. Except Maria because she broke the crystal bowl in the office when she dusting.

Senora Kennedy knows how to call the taxi. Senora Kennedy say to tell you she sometime call taxi by herself.

This is why you should no listen to the people who say she no be a good senator. Senora Kennedy is make the best senator because she is the pure full blood of the Kennedy, and no one drop of mestizo. When she is senator maybe she give you $200 bonus if you no break anything or be disloyal. Extra $100 if you write a good blog about her.

I have to fold laundry now. Also Tio Teddy is come to the party tonight so I have to lock the liquor cabinets.
    Lombardi told Starr to "Run it, and let's get the hell out of here!" - 'Ice Bowl' December 31, 1967

Quote Originally Posted by sheepshead
    I think we should all give this another look:

Iowahawk Guest Opinion
    by Rosa Ortiz
    Chief of Housekeeping Staff
    Estate of Caroline Kennedy

Buenos dias! I am Rosa. I twelve years work for Senora Caroline Kennedy and her family so I am write for you today to tell you why Senora Kennedy is make very very good senator for Nueva York. Senora Kennedy is very busy now with party menus so she tell me to write this when I am finish with floors and make the bed for guest wing. I am now finish so I write this.

Senora Kennedy is very very sad that television man say he no think she is make a good senator in Washington. This is not right for you to think this too because Senora Kennedy is make very good senator! Here is the reasons:

Senora Kennedy she is from famous senator family. Senora Kennedy father was El Presidente. She have tio who is senator. She have many cousin who also is senator, even all the ones with the drug problems. Why she is only one who no is senator? This is no fair to her. In my old country was the law that all family of el Presidente is also Senator or Minister until the revolucion.

Senora Kennedy is many plaques. She have a diploma from the Senator school and many trophies. She have many famous photografias and autografias. I know this because I have to clean her office every Tuesday and is very hard for to dust all this many things.

Senora Kennedy have very many busy jobs. She is edit the book for the children and the poetry. She also choose the winners for the many awards she is boss for. It is make her very tired, but every day Senora is go to work for the volunteer to raise the money for the awards and the charity. She have many parties at the home and the museum. She work very hard to shop for the new gowns and invitacions. She is also make the seating arrange and hide the tequila from Tio Teddy so he not get borracho. This she do for the poor.

Senora Kennedy she is the good mother. She is raise her two girls by herself, with the nannies, and every night read the girls the poetry book she edit. The nannies are go now because the girls they also are go off now to Senator school.

Senora Kennedy she is always know the issues. Every morning she always tell me, "Rosa, where is my New York Time paper?" Then she read it before she go to Fifth Avenue for the shopping. When she get back she tell me to put it in the recycle because to save the planet.

Senora Kennedy is the good boss for the people. She treat everybody on the staff very nice and no yell. We all get one day off in the week and she give the $200 bonus this Christmas. Except Maria because she broke the crystal bowl in the office when she dusting.

Senora Kennedy knows how to call the taxi. Senora Kennedy say to tell you she sometime call taxi by herself.

This is why you should no listen to the people who say she no be a good senator. Senora Kennedy is make the best senator because she is the pure full blood of the Kennedy, and no one drop of mestizo. When she is senator maybe she give you $200 bonus if you no break anything or be disloyal. Extra $100 if you write a good blog about her.

I have to fold laundry now. Also Tio Teddy is come to the party tonight so I have to lock the liquor cabinets.
    Good job on attribution, you don't want to get him riled up.

http://iowahawk.typepad.com/iowahawk...rt-take-2.html
    After lunch the players lounged about the hotel patio watching the surf fling white plumes high against the darkening sky. Clouds were piling up in the west… Vince Lombardi frowned.

Caroline Kennedy draws criticism after latest tour
    By MICHAEL GORMLEY

ALBANY, N.Y. (AP) — Caroline Kennedy's latest trip under the spotlight as a Senate hopeful didn't get much better reviews than her first. A New York Daily News columnist said "the wheels of the bandwagon are coming off." New York Post state editor Fred Dicker already put her on his list of 2008 losers. And The New York Times said "she seemed less like a candidate than an idea of one: eloquent but vague, largely undefined and seemingly determined to remain that way."

On Friday after weeks of silence, Kennedy agreed to sit down for interviews with The Associated Press and New York City cable TV's NY1. Over the weekend, she scheduled another round of interviews with other news organizations from the Times to the Buffalo News. The New York Daily News noted she frequently used the phrases "you know" and "um" during the interview, which was skewered in political blogs Monday.

"There has been some very rough comments," said Lee Miringoff, director of the Marist College poll. "I have been surprised," he said. "The welcome mat has not been out from everybody."

Kennedy spokesman Stefan Friedman didn't respond to requests for comment Monday.

It's been three weeks since Kennedy said she was interested in the seat expected to be vacated by Sen. Hillary Rodham Clinton, who is President-elect Barack Obama's choice for secretary of state.

Two weeks ago, she took a quick upstate tour to talk to mayors but barely spoke to the media. Critics, including some Democrats, compared her lack of governmental experience to Alaska Gov. Sarah Palin's much-maligned credentials as a Republican candidate for vice president.

She drew criticism from news organizations that she ducked basic questions about issues and wasn't specific about why she wants to be, or should be, New York's junior senator.

In interviews over the weekend, she offered explanations for running that included the 9/11 attacks on Manhattan, where she has lived since the 1960s, Barack Obama's encouragement, and the commitment to public service by her father, President John F. Kennedy, and others in her family.

For some, that was reminiscent of a 1979 interview that helped undo her uncle's presidential campaign. Sen. Edward Kennedy didn't clearly explain why he wanted to be president much beyond citing family history when questioned by CBS newsman Roger Mudd.

Political science professor Robert McClure of Syracuse University's Maxwell School saw the connection. He was at a dinner party Sunday night with many liberal Democrats, but none supported Kennedy.

"It reminds me over and over again of that episode," he said.

"There wasn't active disgruntlement, either," he said. "But there was no one in that setting who did not feel she was unfairly trading on her name and had given insufficient reason for why she seeks the job."

Kennedy is one of several hopefuls seeking appointment by Gov. David Paterson to the seat for two years.

Chelsea Clinton for Secretary of Defense!
    Who Knows? The Shadow knows!

Poll: Caroline Kennedy Sinking Faster Than {insert Chappaquiddick joke here}

Ouch --- a 31 point swing to Andrew Cuomo since our dullard Princess started giving interviews:

According to Public Policy Polling, of Raleigh, N.C., 44 percent of New York State voters now say they have a less favorable opinion of Kennedy than they did before she started vying for the position. Thirty-three percent say it's made no difference, and 23 percent report now having a more favorable opinion of her.

"Her reputation has taken a pretty clear hit over the last month, and if Gov. David Paterson does end up appointing her, she's going to have some work to do to overcome this bad first impression she's made on New York voters," [pollster] Debnam said.
    Lombardi told Starr to "Run it, and let's get the hell out of here!" - 'Ice Bowl' December 31, 1967