Page 17 of 27 FirstFirst ... 7 15 16 17 18 19 ... LastLast

Thread: great beers

Quote Originally Posted by Joemailman View Post
    I like ale too.

A bigger animal. Saint John, New Brunswick's Moosehead Pale Ale. It won an International Award some time ago. That Brewery makes the 'Moosehead Green' a lager, I see in the States alot and the really decent Lager named ALPINE. THe Acadians home in the Maritimes really purchase a shit load of that stuff.

You often see a Grand Mananer (another ROCK in the Bay of Fundy) toating a 2-4 and a biggie of Captain Morgans Dark or Amber Rum on a weekend. . . . and . . . . a bag of dope in a rear jeans pocket.

I also really like Oland's Export Ale from Nova Scotia. Smooth. Really smooth Ale.

I'm enjoying a UNIBROUE 'Blonde' Lager. right now. 4.5% alcohol and smooth with no aftertaste. Brewed at a Micro Brewery in Chambly, Quebec, Canada. Very decent and cheap.

The price of beer in Quebec is ............. highly............. civil.........ized.
    Last edited by woodbuck27; 11-09-2011 at 08:57 PM.
    ** Since 2006 3 X Pro Pickem' Champion; 4 X Runner-Up and 3 X 3rd place.
    ** To download Jesus Loves Me ring tones, you'll need a cell phone mame
    ** If God doesn't fish, play poker or pull for " the Packers ", exactly what does HE do with his buds?
    ** Rather than love, money or fame - give me TRUTH: Henry D. Thoreau

Quote Originally Posted by mraynrand View Post
    Not bad:

that looks pretty good, i'm going to look for that
    After lunch the players lounged about the hotel patio watching the surf fling white plumes high against the darkening sky. Clouds were piling up in the west… Vince Lombardi frowned.

Quote Originally Posted by HowardRoark View Post
    that looks pretty good, i'm going to look for that
    ahhh........ I'm looking at that word....... Blackout. mmmm ...... Don't think so. Unless I'm back at the camp and baged my Buck.
    ** If God doesn't fish, play poker or pull for " the Packers ", exactly what does HE do with his buds?

I'm on these tonight.....

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v739/mike_zankle/icebowltickets.png

Dave's Brewfarm.......anyone else try this stuff? Had this tonight, it was pretty good.

After lunch the players lounged about the hotel patio watching the surf fling white plumes high against the darkening sky. Clouds were piling up in the west… Vince Lombardi frowned.

I use a lil dark beer in my chili....otherwise my beer experience has pretty much been Coors Light. Mostly because I loved their commercials a few year back with the song Love Train!

with 11 long-haired friends of Jesus in a chartreuse microbus
    Quote Originally Posted by GrnBay007 View Post
    I use a lil dark beer in my chili....otherwise my beer experience has pretty much been Coors Light. Mostly because I loved their commercials a few year back with the song Love Train!
    Good Lord! You may as well drink Grain Belt. At least then you can tell your taste buds that you saved $5.00/case while you murder them.
    "Never, never ever support a punk like mraynrand. Rather be as I am and feel real sympathy for his sickness." - Woodbuck

Lagunitas IPA.

Anchor Steam.

Sierra Nevada Pale Ale.

Kona's Longboard Lager is nice on a hot day.

Redneck Rat HOFer Little Whiskey's Avatar
    My Current Favorite.

Had some Hopslam the other day. Very hoppy. I'm with George on the Lagunitas.

Can't forget the locals though.

Back in the day I was a big fan of Big Rock's Traditional Ale. Big Rock had a fairly good series of beers.
    All tyrannies rule through fraud and force, but once the fraud is exposed they must rely exclusively on force.

George Orwell

Quote Originally Posted by Zool View Post
    Had some Hopslam the other day. Very hoppy. I'm with George on the Lagunitas.

Can't forget the locals though.

Have you tried Fulton yet?

I havent but I will now.

I had a Firestone Walker Parabola last night as a birthday beer. It had been in the cellar for a few years.....it drank very well. Nice barrel aged RIS.
    C.H.U.D.

You guys have Ratebeer apps for your phones yet?
    C.H.U.D.

I purchased two beer made in Poland this weekend both 5oo ml bottles 'brown' and nicely packaged;

a) 500 ml Polish est. 1856 at ZYWIEC Brewery, Polond. Called simply ZYWIEC that has been awarded medals and the LOGO Label depicts two people doing 'a Polish dance'.

b) 500 ml brewed at Warka Brewery, Warka , Polond witha GOLD Label with RED writing WARKA 'strong'. That label also depicts a hero of your American Revolution one Kazamierz Pulaski (1754-79). this strong beer is 7 % alcohol so when i did the math and worked out the cost based on a 5% beer. It worked out to 'only' $31.00 'a flat...24 bottles'.

Both of these beers were flavourful..interesting with some kick that surprized me. It's too darn cold here now for beer.

where's Fulton Brewery? I'm a west coast guy so dont know the midwest brews.

that photo made my mouth water......
    Last edited by George Cumby; 04-25-2012 at 09:11 PM. Reason: more

Quote Originally Posted by woodbuck27 View Post
    I purchased two beer made in Poland this weekend both 5oo ml bottles 'brown' and nicely packaged;

a) 500 ml Polish est. 1856 at ZYWIEC Brewery, Polond. Called simply ZYWIEC that has been awarded medals and the LOGO Label depicts two people doing 'a Polish dance'.

b) 500 ml brewed at Warka Brewery, Warka , Polond witha GOLD Label with RED writing WARKA 'strong'. That label also depicts a hero of your American Revolution one Kazamierz Pulaski (1754-79). this strong beer is 7 % alcohol so when i did the math and worked out the cost based on a 5% beer. It worked out to 'only' $31.00 'a flat...24 bottles'.

Both of these beers were flavourful..interesting with some kick that surprized me. It's too darn cold here now for beer.
    http://www.zywiecusa.com/index.php

Kazamierz Pulaski (1754-79).

http://polskiinternet.com/english/casimirpulaski.html

Just as an FYI, quoting yourself is considered bad forum etiquette, unless it's to prove a point you've made that's been previously disputed and now proven correct.

with 11 long-haired friends of Jesus in a chartreuse microbus
    Quote Originally Posted by Zool View Post
    Just as an FYI, quoting yourself is considered bad forum etiquette, unless it's to prove a point you've made that's been previously disputed and now proven correct.
    Quoting woodbuck is also considered bad forum etiquette.
    "Never, never ever support a punk like mraynrand. Rather be as I am and feel real sympathy for his sickness." - Woodbuck