Page 5 of 27 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 15 ... LastLast

Thread: great beers

{ilr]3]
    Quote Originally Posted by Tyrone Bigguns
    Quote Originally Posted by red
    {ilr]3]I have been enjoying "Shock Top" here lately. Even found it on tap in a few bars. I guess Anheuser Busch bought them out awhile ago, still a good beer.
    i bought a 6 of that once

honestly didn't care for it at all
    Agreed. Thought it was junk.

And, and don't think AB bought it, was there creation from the start.
    Well I just had anouther Shock top thinking maybe I had missed something or was drunk already the last time I had one. I still think it was a pretty good beer.
    If you like it, you like it. I thought it was junk. Keep drinking it. I don't like it, but what does Ty know.

Quote Originally Posted by Sparkey
    I am a fan of wheat beers and I have yet to find anything that is anywhere close in overall taste, aroma, consistency and quality as Hacker-Pschorr Hefe Weisse.

No one makes beer as good as they do in Germany!

http://hacker-pschorrusa.com/products
    Fuck, i enjoyed that beer. One of my favs.

I am a fan of wheat beers and I have yet to find anything that is anywhere close in overall taste, aroma, consistency and quality as Hacker-Pschorr Hefe Weisse.

I agree 100%. During summertime, I am always looking for a good wheat beer, but that one is still the best. Anyone try Dancing Man? It is rated very high, but I have never even seen one.

After lunch the players lounged about the hotel patio watching the surf fling white plumes high against the darkening sky. Clouds were piling up in the west… Vince Lombardi frowned.

i pick up 6 yesterday to try at my favorite liquor store in GB

tripel karmeliet
    founders breakfast stout
    new belgium fat tire, and abby
    st. bernardus tripel
    and monty python holy ale

Kickass Rat All-Pro CaptainKickass's Avatar
    Went out drinking last night and had some of this from a nitrous tap:

Incredibly smooth. Unbelieveably tasty and very easy to consume.
    "Everyone's born anarchist and atheist until people start lying to them" ~ wise philosopher

Cheese & Beer Rat All-Pro MichiganPackerFan's Avatar
    The belgium white's finish with that medicin-ey taste: blech. Phasing my night out with a fine 2009 vintage Miller Lite(s)...

(Prepare for random posts....)

tripel karmeliet
    founders breakfast stout
    st. bernardus tripel

St. Bernardus ain't cheap.

Quote Originally Posted by Rastak

tripel karmeliet
    founders breakfast stout
    st. bernardus tripel

if you think those are bad check of the westvleterens

http://shop.belgianshop.com/acatalog...1_BB22003.html

Quote Originally Posted by Rastak

tripel karmeliet
    founders breakfast stout
    st. bernardus tripel

if you think those are bad check of the westvleterens

http://shop.belgianshop.com/acatalog...1_BB22003.html
    Was the founders breakfast this years release? The Bernardus is a keeper as well as the Karm....I've always loved the founders when I could get a taste.

If I end up coming over for a game or the melon tour I'll bring some beer from AK and out west and we can set up a tasting.

Roark is bringing the Darkness.

Kickass Rat All-Pro CaptainKickass's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Freak Out
    Roark is bringing the Darkness.

Darkness = Charlie Murphy!!

"Everyone's born anarchist and atheist until people start lying to them" ~ wise philosopher

Cheese & Beer Rat All-Pro MichiganPackerFan's Avatar

tripel karmeliet
    founders breakfast stout
    st. bernardus tripel
    The founders breakfast stout made it to green bay?! I didn't think Founders distributed much outside of the grand rapids area...

i don't know when it was brewed, but it tasted good

yep, founders made it to green bay. ridgeview liquor. the guy has a huge selection of excellent beers

Just opened this years Alaskan Baltic Porter......very nice.

Ok Minnesota folks...and I'm talking about you Roarke.

http://www.ratebeer.com/event/9780/

If I end up coming over for a game or the melon tour I'll bring some beer from AK and out west and we can set up a tasting.
    Arrogant Bastard, please.....

I will put it down on the calendar......but it doesn't hurt to remind me again .
    After lunch the players lounged about the hotel patio watching the surf fling white plumes high against the darkening sky. Clouds were piling up in the west… Vince Lombardi frowned.

Quote Originally Posted by HowardRoark

I will put it down on the calendar......but it doesn't hurt to remind me again .
    Will do.

I'm surprised you don't get the Bastard in Fond du Lac Mike.....

Quote Originally Posted by HowardRoark

I agree 100%. During summertime, I am always looking for a good wheat beer, but that one is still the best. Anyone try Dancing Man? It is rated very high, but I have never even seen one.

Never tried it. I will have to keep an eye out for it.

well, i was drinking liters of hofbrau original this weekend at the old german beer hall in milwaukee

doesn't get mush better then that

News and Updates

Darkness 2009

Oct 09, 2009

The possibility of Darkness Day 2009 looked pretty grim this year. As of Jan 1 this year, we were no longer able to sell growlers/750s at the brewery and it did not look like any changes were going to happen on the legislative front. I was about to pull the plug on Darkness Day but figured I should make one last call. So I called Tom, Brooklyn Center Liquor store manager about the possibility of them becoming involved in selling of Darkness bottles on D-Day. Much to my surprise, Tom was pretty excited and said he thought he could make it work. A little background – we are located in Brooklyn Center. The city owns and runs the 2 liquor stores in this city. The only way this whole thing would work, is if the city would get on board, and they did. It seemed that Darkness Day would be saved! Of course, with the City involved, they would have to make their margin for their work. The beer will sell for $18 on D-Day, but we will be getting about $3 less a bottle then last year.
    Darkness Day has become what it is from a combination of goofy MN beer laws and the insatiable demand for the beer. 3 years ago when Todd and I heard that people were buying glasses of Darkness at a bar, pouring it into a bottle, capping it, and the trading/sharing it with friends, we figured we better find a way to package and sell this beer. We wanted to have a party for the folks that came out and make a fun event of the selling of Darkness. We are able to continue that event this year on October 24th.
    We decided to brew a bit more Darkness this year. That additional liquid would find its way into more bottles, about 2500 more bottles. When Mary (our event coordinator) and I sat down a few weeks ago to figure out how D-Day was gonna run, I realized that we had too much beer to sell. Trying to get all the people through the building in 6 hours was simply too difficult. I did not want people to wait all day and find out they would not get any after waiting 10 hours, so we went back to the old wristband idea of last year (you get a wristband and you are guaranteed 6 bottles). As we figured out how to make this work, I realized that we have enough beer to sell at the event and to local liquor stores. So that’s the plan. 5000 bottles here at the brewery like last year and 2500+ bottles to local liquor stores. Hopefully everyone that wants a bottle will be able to get one.
    -Darkness Day is October 24th.
    -Gates open at noon
    -the first 800 people will get wristbands. The wristbands guarantee that you will be able to purchase a maximum of 6 bottles of Darkness. You will not have to wait in line once on the premises. You can walk around, drink a beer, check out the bands, whatever. But you will need to purchase your bottles by 6:00!
    -$18/bottle. CASH ONLY!
    -There are no tickets needed or cost to get in the event. Rain or shine or snow or cold.
    -We will not ship Darkness nor will we hold any spots/beer for people. It is a 1st come, 1st served event.
    -Extra bottles of Darkness not sold on the 24th. They will be sold on October 26th at the Brooklyn Center Liquor Store.
    -2500+bottles of Darkness will be sold to liquor stores starting November 2nd.
    -Bands will be playing. Food & beer will be available for purchase.

I will post more info as the event gets closer and I figure out what the hell is going on. Thanks again to Tom at the Brooklyn Center Liquor Stores and the City Council of BC for helping us make this happen. See you on the 24th and hope for warmer weather!