Page 7 of 27 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 17 ... LastLast

Thread: great beers

Quote Originally Posted by Freak Out
    Quote Originally Posted by MJZiggy
    When are you coming to Dogfish with me?
    I hope soon. Maybe around thanksgiving weekend? Let me check flights and see what the Alaska flights to DC look like. My wife has family in Virginia (near DC) that we need to visit as well as a good friend in Baltimore so we could make the rounds and meet up with you at....what DFH location do you live nearest?

It would be a blast Zig.
    Gaithersburg is closest, just off 270. You just missed the sweetest little warm front. I was all over M Street last night and wasn't cold at all.
    "Greatness is not an act... but a habit.Greatness is not an act... but a habit." -Greg Jennings

Quote Originally Posted by HowardRoark
    I hope soon. Maybe around thanksgiving weekend? Let me check flights and see what the Alaska flights to DC look like. My wife has family in Virginia (near DC) that we need to visit as well as a good friend in Baltimore so we could make the rounds and meet up with you at....what DFH location do you live nearest?

It would be a blast Zig.
    Did you get the beer yet? It should have been there today.
    Just got it! I'll open it when I get back to the house.

Some goodies will be coming your way shortly Roark!

Did they make it one piece?
    After lunch the players lounged about the hotel patio watching the surf fling white plumes high against the darkening sky. Clouds were piling up in the west… Vince Lombardi frowned.

It would be a blast Zig.

The eagle has landed! Everything made it fine....old time beer traders would be proud of the packing job you did.

Never heard of Rush River...looking forward to it.

Not sure how long I'll hold the Darkness...........

I'll get some Berserker and other Alaskan goodness headed your way soon.

Thanks again friend.

It would be a blast Zig.

The eagle has landed! Everything made it fine....old time beer traders would be proud of the packing job you did.

Never heard of Rush River...looking forward to it.

Not sure how long I'll hold the Darkness...........

I'll get some Berserker and other Alaskan goodness headed your way soon.

Thanks again friend.
    I may have been a little overkill on packing, but I was concerned about the bottles blowing up in the air and then leaking all over the box.

The Rush River is OK, but when compared to the intense flavor of the Surly beers, it tastes like a Grain Belt. I should have thrown some Grain Belt in for you, you probably can't get that either.

The Darkness is like powder skiing compared to regular skiing. It's still beer, but a whole different thing.

I look forward to the Alaskan goodness....it is not necessary, but I'll take it.
    After lunch the players lounged about the hotel patio watching the surf fling white plumes high against the darkening sky. Clouds were piling up in the west… Vince Lombardi frowned.

I gotta go buy some beer for the weekend......

with 11 long-haired friends of Jesus in a chartreuse microbus
    I should have thrown some Grain Belt in for you, you probably can't get that either.
    I thought you wanted to stay friends. Friends don't let friends drink Grain Belt.
    "Never, never ever support a punk like mraynrand. Rather be as I am and feel real sympathy for his sickness." - Woodbuck

Quote Originally Posted by mraynrand
    I should have thrown some Grain Belt in for you, you probably can't get that either.
    I thought you wanted to stay friends. Friends don't let friends drink Grain Belt.
    Perhaps he meant Grain Belt Premium?
    Quote Originally Posted by 3irty1 View Post
    This is museum quality stupidity.

Quote Originally Posted by Zool
    We'll get that fixed.
    "Never, never ever support a punk like mraynrand. Rather be as I am and feel real sympathy for his sickness." - Woodbuck

A box of goodies are headed your way Roark. I'll get you a tracking number shortly......it should be on the doorstep Wednesday. Surprise can of beer from Hawaii thrown in for a little taste of the islands.

"Book 'em Danno"

A box of goodies are headed your way Roark. I'll get you a tracking number shortly......it should be on the doorstep Wednesday. Surprise can of beer from Hawaii thrown in for a little taste of the islands.

"Book 'em Danno"
    Looking forward to it! I am getting more than a little concerned about family coming in town for Thanksgiving however.

I can see it now.....empty bottles everywhere of things that were NOT to be opened (I have a special stash of Grain Belt for family)...."a little too dark for me Howard, didn't like it."

http://beeradvocate.com/beer/profile/417/10364

Premium gets a higher rating than a certain Busch product I've had in the past.

http://beeradvocate.com/beer/profile/29/37389

A friend brought one to a tasting as a joke and of course we drank it.

"Book 'em Danno"
    Looking forward to it! I am getting more than a little concerned about family coming in town for Thanksgiving however.

I can see it now.....empty bottles everywhere of things that were NOT to be opened (I have a special stash of Grain Belt for family)...."a little too dark for me Howard, didn't like it."
    I lock the cellar when I have a crowd like that over or I'm out of town for a bit. I came home after a week long trip once to find a $300 bottle of vintage port empty after my wife had some friends over. A "friend" went downstairs to get another bottle of wine and she didn't pay attention to what she brought back.

Its actually pretty mediocre beer. I don't love it but I can drink it any time. Plus its brewed like an hour from here so its cheap.

Goose Island Bourbon County Stout is pretty tasty after sitting for a couple of years.

Ahhh...Bush beer...

"Book 'em Danno"
    Wunderbar! Everything arrived just in time for a long weekend with a Packer game.

This stuff looks more like a good soup (with all the ingredients)....this one in particular has caught my eye. I don't think it will live through the night:

Thanks a lot....this worked out great.

Went browsing through the beer section looking for interesting singles, and picked a couple of winners.

Young's Double Chocolate Stout - was great!
    Chimay Premiere Trappist Ale

My homebrewing career is coming along nicely as well
    --
    Imagine for a moment a world without hypothetical situations...

Quote Originally Posted by Guiness

you too? mines actually had a couple of speed bumps. i lost my last two batches to contamination. which really pisses me off because i cleaned and sanitized everything very well, so i thought.

i really like chimay

today i picked up some smithwicks, which is my first time trying. i love it, very smooth. and i also picked up some other irish stout that i had never heard of before. o'hara's irish stout

Quote Originally Posted by red

you too? mines actually had a couple of speed bumps. i lost my last two batches to contamination. which really pisses me off because i cleaned and sanitized everything very well, so i thought.

i really like chimay

today i picked up some smithwicks, which is my first time trying. i love it, very smooth. and i also picked up some other irish stout that i had never heard of before
    I tried to order a Smithwicks at an Irish pub. The guy wouldn't serve me till I said it right.

Smitticks apparently

Quote Originally Posted by red

i really like chimay

today i picked up some smithwicks, which is my first time trying. i love it, very smooth. and i also picked up some other irish stout that i had never heard of before
    I tried to order a Smithwicks at an Irish pub. The guy wouldn't serve me till I said it right.

Smitticks apparently
    thats probably the official drunken irish way to pronounce it