Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Cars, the movie

I saw it on Monday w/ my girlfriend - normally I probably wouldn't catch this kinda flick - but she's works for Disney and helped get the Cars clothes out into the stores (like Kohls, Sears...).

I actually really liked the movie - it was pretty funny. I like the 60's van that kept talking about 'natural fuel' - no way kids get that but a little something for the parents

Wolf Pack Rat HOFer Deputy Nutz's Avatar
    I like to go to a movie when hardly anyone is there. I like to find a young couple, and sit right next to the woman. It really makes people feel uncomfortable. Right before the opening of the movie I will pull out my......cell phone and start playing with it, and then when the previews start to play I will call my wife.

Anyways, we went ot X-Men III on Monday night and I was impressed. They did a hell of a job in that movie with the special effects, and it kept you on the edge of your seat the whole time.

Ever take a piss in a theater?

Quote Originally Posted by Little Whiskey
    my son is on a huge car trip right now. if it has got wheels he is all about it. i've been really struggling on weather or not to take him to see it. since he is only 1-1/2 i don't think he'd make it. so i will probably wait till it comes out on video. that way we are the only ones to hear him yell CA!! everytime one comes on the screen.
    I think you would be better off waiting for the video to come out. It's kinda long for a kid's movie, I think 1:36. There is some adult humor in it too....that's what I like about the Disney movies the last 5-7 yrs. Nothing nasty, just funny stuff for the adults.

The tow truck in the movie just made me laugh every time they showed him with those buck teeth.

Quote Originally Posted by GrnBay007
    my son is on a huge car trip right now. if it has got wheels he is all about it. i've been really struggling on weather or not to take him to see it. since he is only 1-1/2 i don't think he'd make it. so i will probably wait till it comes out on video. that way we are the only ones to hear him yell CA!! everytime one comes on the screen.
    I think you would be better off waiting for the video to come out. It's kinda long for a kid's movie, I think 1:36. There is some adult humor in it too....that's what I like about the Disney movies the last 5-7 yrs. Nothing nasty, just funny stuff for the adults.

The tow truck in the movie just made me laugh every time they showed him with those buck teeth.
    Yeah, the 30 minute Big Big World episodes on PBS are as long as our kid will stay put, and they change things up frequently between learning, singing, and the rest. Now that he's completely confident on his feet, he sees no reason not to be running at all times.
    "You're all very smart, and I'm very dumb." - Partial

Quote Originally Posted by SkinBasket
    Quote Originally Posted by GrnBay007

Yeah, the 30 minute Big Big World episodes on PBS are as long as our kid will stay put, and they change things up frequently between learning, singing, and the rest. Now that he's completely confident on his feet, he sees no reason not to be running at all times.
    Try this vid. The guy is a small-town producer and has made a whole series of them on Road Construction, flying among others. We wore them out in our house.

http://www.greattapes.com/gt/product.phtml/roadcon
    "Greatness is not an act... but a habit.Greatness is not an act... but a habit." -Greg Jennings

Quote Originally Posted by SkinBasket

Better for him to be running around then sitting in front of a TV anyway.