Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Really getting fat

? HOFer

Really getting fat

In the past 4 years I have put on 80 pounds. That sickens me.

With that said, I am looking at a pretty easy last semester of school and a light work schedule due to my hours being slashed to 10 per week.

With that said, I'm going to start exercising. I'm going to do this plan so long as shin splints don't kill me. Perhaps I'll use the elipitical if they do.

http://www.coolrunning.com/engine/2/2_3/181.shtml

I'm also going to start lifting again. I'm hoping to be at 200 by the time the next PR game rolls around.

I like the looks of the workout and always to want encourage anyone that embarks on any form of self improvement.

Sometime when you're on the treadmill and dying, think of this post and go another 5 minutes!

Good Luck.
    Lombardi told Starr to "Run it, and let's get the hell out of here!" - 'Ice Bowl' December 31, 1967

El Jardinero Rat HOFer MadtownPacker's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Just step your fat ass away from the fridge and the taco bell. Get you one of those pedalling thing to use under your desk.

http://www.brookstone.com/shop/produ...m_ite=datafeed

Oh good lord. Another Partial is fat thread. Why didn't you just reuse the one from the last time you detailed your chubbiness and your wacky ideas about exercise and fat?
    "You're all very smart, and I'm very dumb." - Partial

Fruits and vegetables my friend...and walk/run/bike or ski everyday.

Yea, no secret to weight loss, just to actually doing it.

No fast food, no beer. Eat all of God's foods in their most natural first form. Fruits, Vegetables, Fish, Meat. Lose the gravy, butter, flour, processed foods ect.

Best exercise to lose weight. HIIT training.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/High-in...erval_training

http://musclemedia.com/training/hiit.asp

Either one work fine....and after the holiday egg nog and cookies I think I should get back to it myself.

Stay very light on the weights for 3 months too, avoid injury.
    I don't hold Grudges. It's counterproductive.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/28524942/

Here you go........you can lose weight without getting off the couch!

Re: Really getting fat

Quote Originally Posted by Partial
    In the past 4 years I have put on 80 pounds.
    That's probably not bad, assuming you were 6'10' and really, really skinny in 2004!

I shouldn't make light of your situation, but I have NEVER been overweight, so it is hard for me to sympathize. However, for the last 30+ years I have been much too short. My weight is fine if I were only about a foot taller than I am.

I try, and try and try; and I just can't seem to get any taller. It is so darned unfair! We have Weight Watchers, SlimFast, and all sorts of other help for those trying to lose weight to match their height. What is there for me and those like me who are trying to increase our height to match our weight? Nothing!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Patler
    I try, and try and try; and I just can't seem to get any taller. It is so darned unfair! We have Weight Watchers, SlimFast, and all sorts of other help for those trying to lose weight to match their height. What is there for me and those like me who are trying to increase our height to match our weight? Nothing!!!
    I've been getting daily emails from some Sergei guy in Russia who's selling a male enhancement device that he would bet his sister's life on. Maybe a vertical enhancement technique is just around the corner....

Shutdown Rat All-Pro Charles Woodson's Avatar
    didnt you say you were going to lose weight last year?

Im with patler, never been overweight so cant help ya out much but hope you the best

I didn't know Patler was a midget!

Partial...you've gained 80 lbs?!?! Geesh...maybe you need to watch the premiere of "The Biggest Loser" tonight on NBC. Although everytime I watch it...I find myself eating a whole pack of Oreos. I'm 5'11" and about 180. I was 135 in 2002 when I graduated high school...so I've packed on some lbs since then.

Quote Originally Posted by Brando19

Partial...you've gained 80 lbs?!?! Geesh...maybe you need to watch the premiere of "The Biggest Loser" tonight on NBC. Although everytime I watch it...I find myself eating a whole pack of Oreos. I'm 5'11" and about 180. I was 135 in 2002 when I graduated high school...so I've packed on some lbs since then.
    5' 11" and 135!

Did you have to run around in the shower to get wet?
    [QUOTE=George Cumby] ...every draft (Ted) would pick a solid, dependable, smart, athletically limited linebacker...the guy who isn't doing drugs, going to strip bars, knocking around his girlfriend or making any plays of game changing significance.

Quote Originally Posted by swede

5' 11" and 135!

Did you have to run around in the shower to get wet?
    Hahahaha...I was pretty skinny. I played soccer, basketball, and baseball...but now that I'm not doing any of that...it's catching up to my ass. I guess that's a good thing.

the trick to being a successful fat person is to make a commitment to it.

if you are always fat, most people will come to think of you as being "big boned." The worst mistake is to lose weight, allowing people to see the thin man inside, and then following this phase with the inevitable weight regain.

In the past 4 years I have put on 80 pounds. That sickens me.
    4 more years like this and I'm predicting you will become a democrat.
    I don't hold Grudges. It's counterproductive.

? HOFer

I'm 5'11" 245. Weighed 160 in HS when I played sports. Now I don't do anything. Used to workout a lot freshman year of college.

Well there you have your answer. Move more. Oh, and as you get older, your metabolism slows down so you have to eat better. Glad I could solve that for you.
    "Greatness is not an act... but a habit.Greatness is not an act... but a habit." -Greg Jennings

I'm 5'11" 245. Weighed 160 in HS when I played sports. Now I don't do anything. Used to workout a lot freshman year of college.
    I actually thought about getting an eliptical like you talked about..but I just don't have the room for one. Also, they're pretty pricey. But....if you can afford it and have the room...those things would get you to lose weight like Richard Simmons working with Nicole Richie.

? HOFer
    Nah I can't swing it. I'd go to the school gym for free. Ellipticals are expensive, and the shitty ones are really shitty.