Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Leather

Leather

I have a leather sofa and a leather bag that need moisturizing. I keep hearing different stories from different places, but am wondering what you guys do for leather care.
    "Greatness is not an act... but a habit.Greatness is not an act... but a habit." -Greg Jennings

with 11 long-haired friends of Jesus in a chartreuse microbus
    I have a 'leather bag' that needs 'moisturizing' as well. but nobody seems to want to help me with my problem.
    "Never, never ever support a punk like mraynrand. Rather be as I am and feel real sympathy for his sickness." - Woodbuck

That's just asking for a good neutering...
    "Greatness is not an act... but a habit.Greatness is not an act... but a habit." -Greg Jennings

with 11 long-haired friends of Jesus in a chartreuse microbus
    Quote Originally Posted by MJZiggy
    That's just asking for a good neutering...
    That's why I need the moisturizer in the first place. But thanks for caring.
    "Never, never ever support a punk like mraynrand. Rather be as I am and feel real sympathy for his sickness." - Woodbuck

"You're with me, Ziggy."
    "I've got one word for you- Dallas, Texas, Super Bowl"- Jermichael Finley

Blog Entries

Re: Leather

I have a leather sofa and a leather bag that need moisturizing. I keep hearing different stories from different places, but am wondering what you guys do for leather care.

As a guy, this is an ez answer

Nothing
    LIFE IS ABOUT CHAMPIONSHIPS; I JUST REALIZED THIS. The MILWAUKEE BUCKS have won the same number of championships over the past 50 years as the Green Bay Packers. Ten years from now, who will have more championships, and who will be the fart in the wind ?

Only if you're going to tell me whether to use vaseline or leather conditioner (I've heard arguments for both) on that couch. I know you have experience in that area...

Quote Originally Posted by Bretsky

Nothing

Stole my damn answer. I have a leather couch...I don't do a damn thing to it.

Then go ask your wife.

Take as many naps on it as possible--the natural oils from your skin and hair will moisturize the sofa as you sleep.
    Fixed. :P

Then go ask your wife.
    She said she uses baby wipes to clean it and a soft cloth with a few drops of baby oil to keep it moisturized , but leather wipes at walmart or leather cleaner with a soft cloth will also get the job done.

Thanks, I hadn't thought of baby wipes. Dang but those things are handy.

Blog Entries

my wife said baby wipes as well

maybe she is a clone of Brando's wife
    LIFE IS ABOUT CHAMPIONSHIPS; I JUST REALIZED THIS. The MILWAUKEE BUCKS have won the same number of championships over the past 50 years as the Green Bay Packers. Ten years from now, who will have more championships, and who will be the fart in the wind ?

my wife said baby wipes as well

maybe she is a clone of Brando's wife
    Uh oh...that could mean trouble for the world.

When I bought my leather furniture years ago, the Natuzzi dealer said to use a mild soap like Dove, to clean the leather. Use as little water as possible and then apply a leather conditioner to it afterwards.

I have yet to clean my furniture, other than using the brush attachment on the vacuum to get the dust off! I think a lot depends on the quality & texture of leather that you have to begin with but my set is seven years old and it still feels and looks like new. Even with dogs jumping all over it!!

Forgot to mention, I did buy leather cleaning wipes at one time and they were the most useless things ever.

It's a fucking couch. You don't moisturize a couch. Leather takes in oils. Rub your naked body on it if you're really worried.

"You're all very smart, and I'm very dumb." - Partial

Quote Originally Posted by GBRulz
    When I bought my leather furniture years ago, the Natuzzi dealer said to use a mild soap like Dove, to clean the leather. Use as little water as possible and then apply a leather conditioner to it afterwards.

I have yet to clean my furniture, other than using the brush attachment on the vacuum to get the dust off! I think a lot depends on the quality & texture of leather that you have to begin with but my set is seven years old and it still feels and looks like new. Even with dogs jumping all over it!!

Forgot to mention, I did buy leather cleaning wipes at one time and they were the most useless things ever.
    Didn't you have to clean your furniture after some of the PackerRats sat on it?

Be honest...what leather items are you REALLY concerned about cleaning and keeping nice.
    I don't hold Grudges. It's counterproductive.

My sofa and my laptop briefcase.

Yer no fun
    I don't hold Grudges. It's counterproductive.