Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4

Thread: Alternative Medicine

For those of you that still strongly support vaccines I thought I would post the link below. It has a report from Katie Couric and information about Gardasil. Spain even stopped using the vaccine. Even the NVIC has stated that Gardasil has resulted in 3 times the number of Emergency Room visits.

http://articles.mercola.com/sites/ar...ne-Issues.aspx

To be fair, Gardasil isn't exactly a MMR booster. That and the "Doctor" who runs the site you got the link from seems to have already formed a rather strong opinion on the vaccine:

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Mercola
    The Gardasil vaccine is one of the most blatant deceptions going on in modern medicine.
    Combine that with the fact that the National Vaccine Information Center is at odds about the actual link between the adverse reaction reports and the vaccine with both the CDC and the FDA, and you have a very sketchy argument at best.
    "You're all very smart, and I'm very dumb." - Partial

Quote Originally Posted by LL2
    For those of you that still strongly support vaccines I thought I would post the link below. It has a report from Katie Couric and information about Gardasil. Spain even stopped using the vaccine. Even the NVIC has stated that Gardasil has resulted in 3 times the number of Emergency Room visits.

http://articles.mercola.com/sites/ar...ne-Issues.aspx
    Instead of looking at a sensationalized piece, look at a real news article:
    http://www.reuters.com/article/rbssH...56308620090210
    which has the following comment about the two girls:
    "In both cases, other medical conditions (in the girls) have been observed and are being investigated which could be the cause of the reported events,"
    For a more comprehensive look at Gardasil, read the Wiki article:
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gardasil

The data suggests a reasonably safe vaccine.

The original article contains a lot of ranting from the NVIC, which looses all credibility by desperately clinging to the myth regarding vaccines and autism.

with 11 long-haired friends of Jesus in a chartreuse microbus
    I'm still trying to recover from the devastating impact of two silicone breast implants. And now I have to hear about the horror, the horror of the vaccine that allows me unbridled sexual freedom - well, except for scabies and fleas, that is.
    "Never, never ever support a punk like mraynrand. Rather be as I am and feel real sympathy for his sickness." - Woodbuck

Wolf Pack Rat HOFer Deputy Nutz's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by SkinBasket
    To be fair, Gardasil isn't exactly a MMR booster. That and the "Doctor" who runs the site you got the link from seems to have already formed a rather strong opinion on the vaccine:

The Gardasil vaccine is one of the most blatant deceptions going on in modern medicine.
    Combine that with the fact that the National Vaccine Information Center is at odds about the actual link between the adverse reaction reports and the vaccine with both the CDC and the FDA, and you have a very sketchy argument at best.
    What the fuck do you know?

Quote Originally Posted by Deputy Nutz
    Quote Originally Posted by SkinBasket

What the fuck do you know?
    I vaccinated your mom for the seven year itch last night, so I'm quite knowledgeable.
    "You're all very smart, and I'm very dumb." - Partial