Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: 100-0

Quote Originally Posted by packinpatland
    Quote Originally Posted by Partial
    That's ridiculous someone was fired for that! America has become so soft. I agree they shouldn't have been running up the score, but perhaps the other team should have tried harder in the off-season. Life isn't about making everything equal and fair. Those chicks dominated because they were better. They didn't dominate because they were equal.
    When my girls played softball, there was a mercy rule. Why isn't there one in place for basketball?

As far as the coach getting fired.....to quote Martha, "it was a good thing".
    When I coached rec girls basketball, we used a running clock when the score got lopsided. As another poster mentioned, there was no full-court presses, the starters sat on the bench, more passes were encouraged by the winning team, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by mraynrand
    I reffed games when I was at the U of MN. We had a team that had two or three former Stevens Point players and one game they beat a team 117 to 15. The 15 points all came from 22 technical free throws that we had to hand out for dunking. No one apologized. no one was fired. (P.S. my IM team lost 70-40 to the same 'Point' team. They won, but we beat the shit out of them physically).

with 11 long-haired friends of Jesus in a chartreuse microbus
    I think Quintus said it best: "People Should Know When They Are Conquered" Run that score up.
    "Never, never ever support a punk like mraynrand. Rather be as I am and feel real sympathy for his sickness." - Woodbuck

I don't think he got fired for running up the score. After the game the winning school came out and apologized and actually wanted to forfiet the game. Thing is the coach wouldn't admit what they did was wrong and that is what got him fired! Good thing, too. As sports fans, we are so in tune with win at all cost in high profile athletics, that we forget that most amatuer athletics are for teaching sportsmanship, teamwork, hardwork, commitment, etc....when we lose sight of this as parents and coaches we have lost everything and should look for another hobby or line of work.

Don't get me wrong, winning is still much more fun than losing! You just don't have to embarrass you opponent to have fun!

To crush your enemies, see them driven before you, and to hear the lamentation of the women.

We'll give em the old #6
    We'll go riding into town a whoopin and a whoppin everything that moves within an inch of its life.

You spare the women?

Naw we rape the shit outa them.
    Quote Originally Posted by 3irty1 View Post
    This is museum quality stupidity.