Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: A Confession: I am openly straight

A Confession: I am openly straight

What is it with all these news stories that make sure to note that someone is "openly gay?"

Who cares if someone is gay or "openly gay?"

Are there degrees of gayness?

In the same vein, I proudly declare that I'm a heterosexual who is openly straight.

with 11 long-haired friends of Jesus in a chartreuse microbus
    You are an intolerant homophobe.
    "Never, never ever support a punk like mraynrand. Rather be as I am and feel real sympathy for his sickness." - Woodbuck

I don't care what heterosexuals do in the privacy of their homes, but flamers like Kiwon make me sick.

Re: A Confession: I am openly straight

Quote Originally Posted by Kiwon
    What is it with all these news stories that make sure to note that someone is "openly gay?"

Who cares if someone is gay or "openly gay?"

Are there degrees of gayness?

In the same vein, I proudly declare that I'm a heterosexual who is openly straight.
    You're a knob.

Sounds like you had a dream about a hairy ball sack slapping your chin.
    Lombardi told Starr to "Run it, and let's get the hell out of here!" - 'Ice Bowl' December 31, 1967

Quote Originally Posted by mraynrand
    You are an intolerant homophobe.
    I like to think of myself as a tolerant homophobe...and did I mention that I am openly straight?

so I see. your fly is down, mr. excitable.

Methinks that the Kiwon doth protest too much.

Quote Originally Posted by hoosier
    Methinks that the Kiwon doth protest too much.

hoosier and tyrone smalluns, on the other hand, are uncomfortable with their heterosexuality and are simply straight, not "openly straight" like me.

While it's true that tyrone was a switch-hitter, he's made progress with his gender confusion and rumor has it that he's become a practicing heterosexual. The role-playing and doll therapy is working.

hoosier and tyrone smalluns, on the other hand, are uncomfortable with their heterosexuality and are simply straight, not "openly straight" like me.

While it's true that tyrone was a switch-hitter, he's made progress with his gender confusion and rumor has it that he's become a practicing heterosexual. The role-playing and doll therapy is working.
    the lady doth protest too much

Quote Originally Posted by Tyrone Bigguns

the lady doth protest too much
    I was talking about you, not your weekend persona.

The media somehow feels the need to honor "openly gay" heroes.

BTW, I remain firmly "openly straight."

.................................................. ...............
    Battered Iceland pins its hopes on Johanna Sigurdardottir, world’s first lesbian PM

ICELAND was preparing yesterday for the appointment of Johanna Sigurdardottir as the country’s first female prime minister and the world’s first openly gay premier in the hope that she can lead the country out of financial meltdown.

Sigurdardottir, 66, is a former air stewardess who was divorced from the father of her two sons, a banker, and now lives with her British-educated girlfriend Jonina Leosdottir, a 54-year-old author, playwright and journalist. The couple signed a civil partnership agreement in 2002.

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/new...cle5627522.ece

.................................................. ...........

And let's not forget "the first ever openly gay non-incumbent to be elected to the House of Representatives."

Madison's Tammy Baldwin

Even this guy thinks that this thread is gay.

Quote Originally Posted by 3irty1 View Post
    This is museum quality stupidity.

The media somehow feels the need to honor "openly gay" heroes.

BTW, I remain firmly "openly straight."

.................................................. ...............
    Battered Iceland pins its hopes on Johanna Sigurdardottir, world’s first lesbian PM

ICELAND was preparing yesterday for the appointment of Johanna Sigurdardottir as the country’s first female prime minister and the world’s first openly gay premier in the hope that she can lead the country out of financial meltdown.
    I thought Iceland went out of business. There was a liquidation sale and everything. I got a 42" Plasma screen for 240 bucks and 6 free Sugarcubes and Bjork CDs.
    "Never, never ever support a punk like mraynrand. Rather be as I am and feel real sympathy for his sickness." - Woodbuck

Quote Originally Posted by Zool

He has a difficult time dealing with his Dad.

Ha! Gay, yes, but not "openly gay."

I think this thread is a valid discussion. Why do newspapers, media outlets, etc. need to state that one is "openly gay" when saying that John Smith is the new mayor? For years when a person is black or African-American their race was mentioned, and I could be wrong, but it seems to be done to a lesser degree. Although many African-Americans don't want special emphasis point to the fact that they are African-American, which was the case when Tony Dungy won the SB. Perhaps one wants the world to know they are gay when their new achievement is mentioned or it's a pride thing. maybe it's just me, but I don't thing pointing out ones sexual preference is the same and pointing out ones race. Who needs to know your sexual preference?

Ever try to degrade someone by calling them hetero? Or white?

"Hey look at that honkey heterosexual."

Thats why.
    Quote Originally Posted by 3irty1 View Post
    This is museum quality stupidity.

Ever try to degrade someone by calling them hetero? Or white?

"Hey look at that honkey heterosexual."

Thats why.
    So you're saying people announce they are gay to invite ridicule?