Quote Originally Posted by swede
Quote Originally Posted by mraynrand
Quote Originally Posted by swede
Quote Originally Posted by mraynrand

The exact same store was in Eau Claire. Can't remember the name anymore. Buncha pipes and bongs, Amazing Spider Man mags, Eagles playing, and some dude with tats and funny goggles selling shit from behind (and occasionally under) the counter. 25 cent cokes in bottles from the machine out front.
Did you grow up in Eau Claire, or were you a member of the Bridgeman Hall Kazoo Band?
I was there for a year - sixth grade. ??? I don't get the Band ref, but it was funny just the same.
I had a friend who went to Eau Claire and lived in Bridgeman Hall, the Animal House of that particular campus.

On one weekend I stayed over some of the hockey players caulked pieces of plywood over the tiled entrances into the shower room. They then closed up the drains and filled the shower room with three feet of water to create a water polo arena.

And they apparently had a kazoo band of some renown that marched is some annual parade in Eau Claire.

I know that Michael Phelps would have enjoyed being with us on a memorable stroll we took along the bluffs overlooking the river.

Those are the kind of college memories that I cherish.