Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: 14-times Olympic gold medal winner caught in photo doing Pot

14-times Olympic gold medal winner caught in photo doing Pot

with 11 long-haired friends of Jesus in a chartreuse microbus
    ENOUGH! Don't be harshin on the man!

"Never, never ever support a punk like mraynrand. Rather be as I am and feel real sympathy for his sickness." - Woodbuck

Wait a minute! I thought the guy was eating 12,000 calories a day when he trains.

OMG, add the munchies due to the pot to that total and who knows how much he will eat!

DO NOT ask Phelps to your party. There won't be any food left.

Phelps needs to get back to South Carolina and find the guy who took and sold the photo.

He just probably cost Phelps millions of $ in endorsements.

El Jardinero Rat HOFer MadtownPacker's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Nothing but a bunch of fucking haters. I hope they all die slow deaths for being such punk ass bitches.

I'd really like to see him come out and say "yes, I enjoy a fatty sometimes. Party at my pad"

Instead of all the sorrow and it was a mistake crap that is coming soon.
    I don't hold Grudges. It's counterproductive.

Quote Originally Posted by bobblehead
    I'd really like to see him come out and say "yes, I enjoy a fatty sometimes. Party at my pad"

Instead of all the sorrow and it was a mistake crap that is coming soon.
    He would lose all his endorsement contracts.

But come to think of it, he must have bankrolled several million by now.

It would take some balls for him to speak truthfully.

Phelps apologizes for 'bad judgment' in marijuana photo

The Associated Press

Olympic great Michael Phelps acknowledged "regrettable" behavior and "bad judgment" after a photo in a British newspaper Sunday showed him inhaling from a marijuana pipe.

In a statement released to the Associated Press, the swimmer who won a record eight gold medals at the Beijing Games did not dispute the authenticity of the exclusive picture published Sunday by the tabloid News of the World.

"I engaged in behavior which was regrettable and demonstrated bad judgment," Phelps said. "I'm 23 years old and despite the successes I've had in the pool, I acted in a youthful and inappropriate way, not in a manner people have come to expect from me. For this, I am sorry. I promise my fans and the public it will not happen again."

News of the World said the picture was taken during a November house party while Phelps was visiting the University of South Carolina. During that trip, he attended one of the school's football games and received a big ovation when he was introduced to the crowd.

While the newspaper did not specifically allege that Phelps was smoking marijuana, it did say the pipe is generally used for that purpose and anonymously quoted a partygoer who said the Olympic champion was "out of control from the moment he got there."

The party occurred nearly three months after the Olympics, while Phelps was taking a long break from training, and apparently would have no impact on the eight golds he won at Beijing. He has never tested positive for banned substances and even agreed to extra testing before the games.

Phelps was in Tampa, during Super Bowl week to make promotional appearances on behalf of a sponsor. But he left the city before Sunday's game between the Pittsburgh Steelers and Arizona Cardinals, abandoning his original plan to be at Raymond James Stadium.

Phelps returned to the pool a couple of weeks ago to begin preparations for this summer's world championships in Rome. He plans to take part in his first post-Olympics meet in early March, a Grand Prix event in Austin, Texas.

This isn't the first embarrassing episode for Phelps after an Olympic triumph. In 2004, a few months after winning six gold and two bronze medals in Athens, the swimmer was arrested on a drunken driving charge at age 19. He pleaded guilty and apologized for the mistake.

In his book No Limits: The Will to Succeed, Phelps recounted how his first phone call was to his agent, and not his mother or coach Bob Bowman, because he knew they would yell at him.

Later, he called Bowman, who was supportive but told him, "Michael, just because you want to blow off some steam doesn't mean you can be an idiot."

Debbie Phelps, his mother, cried at the news.

"That hurt worse, maybe, than anything," Phelps wrote. "I had never seen my mother that upset."

Bowman did not immediately respond to phone and e-mail messages Sunday.

Olympic teammate Dara Torres said Phelps has become such a prominent figure that everything he does is news.

However, she said: "This in no way shape or form diminishes anything he's done."

"It's sort of a double-edged sword," Torres told the AP on Sunday. "When you're recognizable, you're looked up to as a role model. He is recognizable and everything you do gets looked at and picked apart. I guess that's the price of winning 14 Olympic medals."

Jason Lezak, whose remarkable anchor leg of the 400-meter freestyle relay helped Phelps stay on course to break Mark Spitz's record in Beijing, said he was "saddened" to hear of the report.

"While I don't condone his conduct, I am a teammate and fan," Lezak said in a text message to the AP on Saturday night. "Unlike many fair-weather people, I am sticking by him. If my wife and I can help him in any way, we will. I believe he will grow from this and be better person, role model and teammate."

http://www.usatoday.com/sports/olymp...l-phelps_N.htm

Shoulda been smokin crack...the pipe is way smaller.

Wonder what that pic was worth. I have one of him slobbering drunk at a roulette table in vegas....just more "regrettable" behavior I guess.
    I don't hold Grudges. It's counterproductive.

I could care less if he smokes some herb and has a cocktail every now and again..he should have a legal right to do both....but it sounds now like he his promoters/agents tried to bribe the newspaper to stop them from running the photo which will probably do more to harm him than anything else....and it sounds like he knew about the attempts to bribe them.

its not like the guy is a surgeon or a cop

he swims, he does nothing that effects anyone else but him. plus i'm sure he's already made more then enough where he never has to work again in his life

live it up guy

Quote Originally Posted by red
    its not like the guy is a surgeon or a cop

he swims, he does nothing that effects anyone else but him. plus i'm sure he's already made more then enough where he never has to work again in his life

live it up guy
    Party on, Bud!

"Never, never ever support a punk like mraynrand. Rather be as I am and feel real sympathy for his sickness." - Woodbuck

Update: The $100,000 bong and eight arrests.

"WIS-TV says police also tracked down the bong after its owner tried to sell it on eBay for $100,000. The owner, who was not at the party where Phelps was photographed, is one of the eight people charged in the case, the TV station says."

TV report: Eight arrested in link to Phelps bong incident

http://blogs.usatoday.com/ondeadline...ort-eight.html

What a joke.

Wow what a moron trying to sell a bong on eBay. Did we learn nothing from Tommy Chong?
    Quote Originally Posted by 3irty1 View Post
    This is museum quality stupidity.

Quote Originally Posted by Kiwon
    TV report: Eight arrested in link to Phelps bong incident

What a disgrace. Sending people to jail because they prefer the relative mild effects of pot to getting wasted on alchohol. The majority kicking around the minority again.

What's the deal with selling a bong? When I was a kid I used to get comic books at a store where they had about 300 different kinds of pipes and bongs on sale. Has that changed? Plus, it certainly looks like a sculpture to me...

Quote Originally Posted by mraynrand
    What's the deal with selling a bong? When I was a kid I used to get comic books at a store where they had about 300 different kinds of pipes and bongs on sale. Has that changed? Plus, it certainly looks like a sculpture to me...

When I was growing up you could buy pipes/bongs all over the place...but so many laws have changed over the years I'm surprised you can even talk about a bong let alone find one to buy.

Land of the free.......

You can sell a bong, but once it has been used and there is resin or residual pot in there..it is a crime.

Remember, a bong is strictly for tobacco use.