Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

Thread: I've found COCAINE in a can!!!

Quote Originally Posted by K-town
    To me, it tastes like a combination of coughsyrup and paint thinner.
    Damn! Don't let the boys at KFAN see this.

Quote Originally Posted by FavreChild
    Yes, and yes.

(Atown - what this "1 oz" stuff?)

But don't you try it, Little Whiskey! There's a couple of studies that have been done about the Red Bull-cocktail phenomenon. (yes, it's the same effect w/ RockStar). I'll see if I can find one for ya....

(Although you're not supposed to be reading this thread, anyway.)
    FC...more then 1 oz and it tastes like Jaggermiester and then you might as well be drinking Nyquel.

What??! Whaddya got against Nyquil??

It takes awhile to get the balance right...

Little Whiskey...here's some of the info. I promised for ya on mixing the energy drinks w/ alcohol.

From the Alcoholism: Clinical & Experimental Research journal, March 2006:

Study results show that drinking alcohol and Red Bull together significantly reduces the perception of headache, weakness, dry mouth and impairment of motor coordination. Red Bull does not, however, significantly reduce alcohol-related deficits on objective measures of motor coordination and visual reaction time. People who combine alcohol with energy drinks may be at even greater risk for problems such as automobile accidents because they believe they are unimpaired.

Link: http://www.eurekalert.org/pub_releas...-caa031906.php

Red Bull 'masks alcoholic effect'

Red Bull appears to reduce sleepiness linked to drinking alcohol

People who mix alcohol with energy drinks like Red Bull can often feel less drunk than they really are, a study suggests.

The Brazilian team compared the reactions of 26 men given either alcohol, Red Bull or a combination of both in three drinking sessions.

This had led some to suggest that the combination might reduce the depressive effects of alcohol.

But the team's results showed a "considerable disconnect" between the subjects' perceptions and objective measures of their abilities.

Professor Souza-Formigoni said: "In other words, the person is drunk but does not feel as drunk as he really is."

From The Daily Iowan, 7/7/03:

The popular Red Bull energy drink, which contains a large amount of caffeine and amino acids, has been a hit with the early 20s crowd since its arrival in the United States in 1997. Despite warnings of its dangerous side effects, Red Bull consumers cannot get enough of it - especially when it is mixed with alcohol.

Red Bull, which was first produced in Austria in 1987 and is distributed in 70 countries, is now banned in France, Denmark, Norway, and Iceland, according to a July 2001 press release issued by Red Bull following the deaths of three Swedish Red Bull consumers.

In the press release, Red Bull officials said they are "certain that the alleged consumption of Red Bull Energy Drink has no connection whatsoever with the cause of death of these three young people" and "any harmful effects are generally connected to that of the alcohol."

Although the three deaths sparked an investigation by the Swedish National Food Administration in 2001, Swedish officials have not released any information proving that Red Bull directly caused any of the three deaths.

"Because alcohol is a depressant and caffeine is a stimulant, they both have effects on the central nervous system," said Kathy Mellen, a UI Student Health Service dietitian. "When mixed together, [they] can alter people's perceptions about how drunk they really are, especially for someone who does not usually drink caffeine."

Experts may say there are reasons to think twice about mixing Red Bull and alcohol, but many Iowa City bar patrons continue to order, make, and drink the mixture.

UI junior Dustin Willard said he does not hesitate to mix Red Bull with alcohol because the combination has not had a negative effect on him.

"I like the alert feeling it gives," he said.

That "alert feeling" is an effect from the 80 mg of caffeine in each 8.3 oz. can of Red Bull, Mellen said, adding that this feeling may cause people to think they are sober enough to drink more than they can handle. They might even feel confident enough to drive.

Chris Dilillo, a former bartender at the Union Bar, 121 E. College St., said he hasn't encountered any negative effects of drinking Red Bull mixed with alcohol - neither as a consumer nor as a server.

"The people drinking Red Bull and vodka don't get any drunker than the people drinking Captain and Coke," he said.

Coke contains considerably less caffeine than Red Bull - 35 mg of caffeine in each 12 oz. can - but the same rules apply when mixed with alcohol, Mellen said.

"Actually, 80 mg of caffeine is less than a cup of coffee," she said. "It only becomes dangerous when you mix the caffeine with alcohol."

Senior Rat All-Pro jack's smirking revenge's Avatar
    Went out on a limb and tried the new Coke product today--Coca-Cola Blak. It's a Coke-Coffee mix. Carbonated coffee? Who's dreamin' up this stuff? ICK-EEEEEEEE!

tyler
    Receive thy new Possessor: One who brings
    A mind not to be chang'd by Place or Time.
    The mind is its own place, and in it self
    Can make a Heav'n of Hell, a Hell of Heav'n.

"Paradise Lost"-John Milton

Redneck Rat HOFer Little Whiskey's Avatar
    That's why you need to stick with Rockstar. i have tried Mountain Dew's version, as well as Full Throttle (i think made by coke?) and some others, but they all have tasted horrible. I actually prefer diet Rockstar. I know that sounds kinda funny, but it dosen't taste so sweet. Its kinda like ordering a triple gilbert burger supersized with a diet coke, but i think the effects are the same with a better taste. remember jack coffee bad Rockstar good, diet rockstar even better

So much for the wagon. Did you go bump when you fell off?
    "Greatness is not an act... but a habit.Greatness is not an act... but a habit." -Greg Jennings

FYI, I have been pretty much dry. occationally i have fallen off but that was merely a moment of weakness, not a complete abandonment!

thought i would give you guys an update on my rehab. well i have been dry since april 17. HOWEVER, this past weekend after a rough week of the rugrat on a serious case of kroop(sp) in which i havn't slept much, i decided to help the inlaws out up north lanscaping the cottage. well i stopped to fill up with gas. Damn those stations w/o pay at the pump. I went inside to pay and get a drink. well as i started to reach for a Coke, there it was staring at me, beconing me, begging me to take one last drink. what harm would one little sip cause. so i fell. after i paid for gas and my addiction. I cracked open that can and felt the cold sweet juice hit my partched throught. I noticed something different. this can didn't fit quite right in my hand. that is when i looked a little closer. this wasn't the ordinary double can. this infact was the the wagon buster. it was a 3 banger. 24 once can!!! It has been down hill ever since. I am on day five of my weekend bender. I blame it all on those damn non-pay at the pump gas stations!!!

hey jack ask your lawyer friends if i've got a case against the gas stations?? can i sue for my addiction?

Quote Originally Posted by Little Whiskey
    thought i would give you guys an update on my rehab. well i have been dry since april 17. HOWEVER, this past weekend after a rough week of the rugrat on a serious case of kroop(sp) in which i havn't slept much, i decided to help the inlaws out up north lanscaping the cottage. well i stopped to fill up with gas. Damn those stations w/o pay at the pump. I went inside to pay and get a drink. well as i started to reach for a Coke, there it was staring at me, beconing me, begging me to take one last drink. what harm would one little sip cause. so i fell. after i paid for gas and my addiction. I cracked open that can and felt the cold sweet juice hit my partched throught. I noticed something different. this can didn't fit quite right in my hand. that is when i looked a little closer. this wasn't the ordinary double can. this infact was the the wagon buster. it was a 3 banger. 24 once can!!! It has been down hill ever since. I am on day five of my weekend bender. I blame it all on those damn non-pay at the pump gas stations!!!

hey jack ask your lawyer friends if i've got a case against the gas stations?? can i sue for my addiction?
    Are you in a 12 step program? Are you going to the meetings?

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Campbell
    Are you in a 12 step program? Are you going to the meetings?
    i was until this last episode. when i brought another one of the old 96ers into class, they threw me out. i told them i had one for everyone. i guess they didn't find the humor in that.

There's no shame in falling off the wagon, especially when you dust yourself off and try again. You just managed 5 weeks, which is proof you can do it. It sounds like you have plenty of reasons to keep trying.

Good luck.

p.s. I imagine those guys (and gals) don't have much of a sense of humor when it comes to bringing cold ones to meetings. Many of them are fighting for their lives.

But LW, you haven't had your first RockStar cocktail yet!

You can quit after THAT.

(Heh, heh, heh.)

Here's your smoking gun, LW--they're putting $.50 coupons on the outside of the refrigerator door directly in front of the Red Jak!!!! It's down to $1.49!!

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v739/mike_zankle/icebowltickets.png

[quote="Iron Mike"]

Here's your smoking gun, LW--they're putting $.50 coupons on the outside of the refrigerator door directly in front of the Red Jak!!!! It's down to $1.49!!

sorry mike, the nascar fan in me won't allow me to switch brands. I've even paid a little more for gas because i know the station sell rockstar. i know, i'm sick. this disease has gotten out of control.

your right FC, i have not had the rockstar bevy. I was thinking i would try mixing a few this weekend. I'll have to remember to print your recipe.

My personal favorite, is the NOS, made by the people that actually make the NOS product. I don't know what it is about that stuff, but it's just the best stuff out there, Jack try that, and hey Whiskey try it to...or any of the bookoos they are my favorites, right after the FRIGGIN NOS i drink like 3 cans a day.....I KNOW i waste so much money on it.

Quote Originally Posted by Mazzin
    i drink like 3 cans a day.....I KNOW i waste so much money on it.

mazzin, maybe you should start comming to Energy Drinkers Anonymous. I had a good run, but as you can see i recently fell off the wagon. the problem is that FC holds her weekly Mixology class next door, and currently they are on the Energy Drink chapter.

Well, it is summertime. You have to ensure that people have extra hydration and replenishment when consuming adult beverages in the heat.