Quote Originally Posted by GrnBay007
It's true though. I've never even tried a dark beer. Guess I should get out more.

I have been learning more about different kinds of tequila in margaritas though WHY O WHY do they have to be so bad for us though?
Have to try some - that weak ass 'wheat' beer that gets peddled is pretty poor. Don't get me wrong, on a hot day in the summer when I intend to knock back 10 or more, that's my choice. But for something nice with a meal, not a chance.

To start you on your enjoyment of the finer brews out there, may I suggest a warm *ahem* Guiness? It might seem overly strong at first, but bear through the first few sips and you'll start to enjoy it.

DO NOT drink Guiness cold. It's awful. And a lot of places will serve it that way.

You've also got a fair few local brews that are quite nice. Leiny's has a few worth trying. I haven't had their Dopplebock yet.

There was a case of stout I picked up a few years ago, and its name escapes me. Had a funny case, white and brown with no extravagent graphics, just the name of the beer. It had a sort of flip top I've never seen before that closed back up (wasn't glued). Anyone know what I might be talking about?