Page 15 of 188 FirstFirst ... 5 13 14 15 16 17 25 65 115 ... LastLast

Thread: OFFICIAL THREAD about "NOTHING"

Redneck Rat HOFer Little Whiskey's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Freak Out
    Snowing again...first week of march always brings cold weather and then loads more snow. Winters are so fucking long this far north.......
    Travers City, Mich got 18" last night.

Enjoy your snow! It's 81 and sunny here in Asheville, NC Although I am coming back to the Frozen Tundra in two weeks. Being away from WI has certainly made me loathe winter even more!

Quote Originally Posted by mraynrand
    Quote Originally Posted by Harlan Huckleby
    Quote Originally Posted by Tyrone Bigguns
    Quote Originally Posted by Brando19
    Anyone ever ate at Panera Bread? Freaking awesome!
    Have you tried McDonalds yet?
    Their cherry pies are to die for.
    It is a pie, but unlike any pie I have ever seen.
    They are magnificent. The flakey crust is always singed to a light golden brown. The fruit is firm and sweet.

Quote Originally Posted by mraynrand
    Their cherry pies are to die for.
    It is a pie, but unlike any pie I have ever seen.
    They are magnificent. The flakey crust is always singed to a light golden brown. The fruit is firm and sweet.

I thought Madtown was strictly anti-pie. That's a very rare moment you've captured harlan.
    "You're all very smart, and I'm very dumb." - Partial

Quote Originally Posted by Little Whiskey
    I usually pull in their parking lot and bootleg their wireless so I can get some work stuff done at least once a day
    Didn't some guy get arrested and convicted of stealing internet by doing that? I remember reading that somewhere.

Quote Originally Posted by retailguy
    I usually pull in their parking lot and bootleg their wireless so I can get some work stuff done at least once a day
    Didn't some guy get arrested and convicted of stealing internet by doing that? I remember reading that somewhere.
    if they don't want me to use there internet, then they should put a password on it.

Quote Originally Posted by retailguy
    if they don't want me to use there internet, then they should put a password on it.
    Here's the story that I remember:

http://news.cnet.com/8301-10784_3-9722006-7.html

May 22, 2007 5:45 PM PDT
    Michigan man dodges prison in theft of Wi-Fi
    by Steven Musil

A Michigan man who used a coffee shop's unsecured Wi-Fi to check his e-mail from his car could have faced up to five years in prison, according to local TV station WOOD. But it seems few in the village of Sparta, Mich., were aware that using an unsecured Wi-Fi connection without the owner's permission--a practice known as piggybacking--was a felony.

Each day around lunch time, Sam Peterson would drive to the Union Street Cafe, park his car and--without actually entering the coffee shop--check his e-mail and surf the Net. His ritual raised the suspicions of Police Chief Andrew Milanowski, who approached him and asked what he was doing. Peterson, probably not realizing that his actions constituted a crime, freely admitted what he was doing.

"I knew that the Union Street had Wi-Fi. I just went down and checked my e-mail and didn't see a problem with that," Peterson told a WOOD reporter.

Milanowski didn't immediately cite or arrest Peterson, mostly because he wasn't certain a crime had been committed. "I had a feeling a law was being broken," the chief said. Milanowski did some research and found Michigan's "Fraudulent access to computers, computer systems, and computer networks" law, a felony punishable by five years in prison and a $10,000 fine.

Milanowski, who eventually swore out a warrant for Peterson, doesn't believe Milanowski knew he was breaking the law. "In my opinion, probably not. Most people probably don't."

Indeed, neither did Donna May, the owner of the Union Street Cafe. "I didn't know it was really illegal, either," she told the TV station. "If he would have come in (to the coffee shop), it would have been fine."

But apparently prosecutors were more than aware of the 1979 law, which was revised in 2000 to include protections for Wi-Fi networks.

"This is the first time that we've actually charged it," Kent County Assistant Prosecutor Lynn Hopkins said, adding that "we'd been hoping to dodge this bullet for a while."

However, Peterson won't be going to prison for piggybacking. Because he has no prior record, Peterson will have to pay a $400 fine, do 40 hours of community service and enroll in the county's diversion program.

Whiskey - you might get a kick out of this one too:

http://www.time.com/time/magazine/ar...813969,00.html

Quote Originally Posted by Joemailman
    They have Panera Bread at McDonalds? I'm there!

Haha...Tyrone is a deuche.
    I'm surprised you can actually reed.

whats the diff if i'm in the resturant or in the driveway. eitherway, I'm on their property.

I guarantee I'm smarter than you are. And I could whip the dog shit out of you.

whats the diff if i'm in the resturant or in the driveway. eitherway, I'm on their property.
    I'm guessing it's because the free internet is for customers and you're not really a customer until you go into the place.
    "Greatness is not an act... but a habit.Greatness is not an act... but a habit." -Greg Jennings

Quote Originally Posted by MJZiggy
    I'm guessing it's because the free internet is for customers and you're not really a customer until you go into the place.
    Does that mean they can arrest you for shitting in their restroom before you order your doughnut?

No, but they can arrest you for having sex with the donut.
    Ring the bells that still can ring
    Forget your perfect offering
    There is a crack, a crack in everything
    That's how the light gets in - Leonard Cohen

I guarantee I'm smarter than you are. And I could whip the dog shit out of you.
    Can i get that guarantee in riting?

No, but they can arrest you for having sex with the donut.
    I haven't fucked a good doughnut in years.

Well now you have a goal for the week...
    "Greatness is not an act... but a habit.Greatness is not an act... but a habit." -Greg Jennings

El Jardinero Rat HOFer MadtownPacker's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Deputy Nutz
    Only bring up the family to piss you off.
    What? Just say what you wanna say cuz I dont understand what your getting at. If pissing me off is your motivation it is pathetic existence to say the least. Stick with partial in the GC. He is willing to entertain you. I just check a box and hit submit if it really is needed.

Brando you need to lay off the threats. Serious shit and lets not have this conversation again please.

Tyrone maybe you need to back off too. If you are the debonair and intelligent man you claim you are knocking yourself down arguing like that with a youngster. Just saying man.

Quote Originally Posted by MadtownPacker
    What? Just say what you wanna say cuz I dont understand what your getting at. If pissing me off is your motivation it is pathetic existence to say the least. Stick with partial in the GC. He is willing to entertain you. I just check a box and hit submit if it really is needed.

Brando you need to lay off the threats. Serious sghit and lets not have this conversation again please.

Tyrone maybe you need to back off too. If you are the debonair and intelligent man you claim you are knocking yourself down arguing like that with a youngster. Just saying man.
    what the hell does sghit mean?

is that some kind of gang slang or something?

Quote Originally Posted by MadtownPacker

Brando you need to lay off the threats. Serious sghit and lets not have this conversation again please.

Sorry, Mad. I won't again.