Page 186 of 188 FirstFirst ... 86 136 176 184 185 186 187 188 LastLast
Results 3,701 to 3,720 of 3744

Thread: OFFICIAL THREAD about "NOTHING"

Blog Entries
    Mowed lawn today; shopping for the fam; visited mom. I feel like the day was a success. Now tomorrow, I'm not doing shit and I'm going to strive to fail
    LIFE IS ABOUT CHAMPIONSHIPS; I JUST REALIZED THIS. The MILWAUKEE BUCKS have won the same number of championships over the past 50 years as the Green Bay Packers. Ten years from now, who will have more championships, and who will be the fart in the wind ?

with 11 long-haired friends of Jesus in a chartreuse microbus
    Life advice from Scott Adams:
    @ScottAdamsSays

happiness formula is practical (and brief):

1. Eat right
    2. Exercise
    3. Get enough sleep
    4. Imagine an incredible future
    5. Do things you can steadily improve at
    6. Help others
    7. Reduce daily decisions to routine

Everyone who follows these steps to success does well.

1. Focus on useful education
    2. Stay out of legal trouble
    3. Stay away from drugs
    4. Don't become a parent too soon
    5. Build a talent stack
    6. Be "useful" to others
    7. Favor systems over goals
    8. Learn basic risk management
    "Never, never ever support a punk like mraynrand. Rather be as I am and feel real sympathy for his sickness." - Woodbuck

Blog Entries
    I make good money; my wife has a non profit business. She has a nice auto. I drive a piece of shit.

I'm pondering buying a used Pilot. Any thoughts ??
    LIFE IS ABOUT CHAMPIONSHIPS; I JUST REALIZED THIS. The MILWAUKEE BUCKS have won the same number of championships over the past 50 years as the Green Bay Packers. Ten years from now, who will have more championships, and who will be the fart in the wind ?

Quote Originally Posted by Bretsky View Post
    I make good money; my wife has a non profit business. She has a nice auto. I drive a piece of shit.

I'm pondering buying a used Pilot. Any thoughts ??
    I love our 2016. Best car ever. We just sold our 2004 Mazda 6 and bought my in-laws Honda Odyssey. My wife is driving it now and very much misses driving the Pilot. I am extremely confident you won't regret it.

Should I add a second story to our ranch house? Does this ever NOT end in disaster? We love where we live and don't really want to move, not to mention there are no lots to really build near us in Pewaukee and stay in the school district anyway. We for sure need more space.

Has anyone ever done the above? Looking for candid feedback before we do something stupid. Really torn, I have no desire to move and if we plan on staying for 40 years, I don't really care that much if we sink another 100K in that would ultimately not manifest itself on sale.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by call_me_ishmael View Post
    Should I add a second story to our ranch house? Does this ever NOT end in disaster? We love where we live and don't really want to move, not to mention there are no lots to really build near us in Pewaukee and stay in the school district anyway. We for sure need more space.

SORRY; I missed this; If you have great equity and you are doing it cause you love your home and wanna stay there....just do it. But fiscally, it's not the move to make

We pretty much decided we are gonna move. It'd be ~350K estimated to the add the addition, and our house is worth about ~550K right now. We for sure do not have a 900K house as far as quality, size, kitchen, garage, etc, so it just doesn't make much sense. Now we've just gotta find a 5 bed room house in Pewaukee that is for sale. They go so fast.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by call_me_ishmael View Post
    We pretty much decided we are gonna move. It'd be ~350K estimated to the add the addition, and our house is worth about ~550K right now. We for sure do not have a 900K house as far as quality, size, kitchen, garage, etc, so it just doesn't make much sense. Now we've just gotta find a 5 bed room house in Pewaukee that is for sale. They go so fast.

Yup; this market is truly insane !!! So much pressure as a home lender......as well as the buyers.....

Whilst this post is truly about "something" very dear to me, and not about "nothing" as the thread states, I didn't really know where to insert it, so, here I am. I'm sure that a lot of you have experienced the heartbreak I'm talking about. I lost my Pooter Katoot (yeah, I know, don't ask about the name) yesterday. This stray came into my life on February 3rd, 2008. I shit you not, it was really cool and a "meant to be" moment. I was buzzed and out on the front lawn screaming about the Giants beating the Pats and raising general neighborhood Holy hell when this cat showed up. He adopted me as much as I adopted him. He saved me as much as I saved him. The Vet and I guesstimated him to be about 3 YO at the time. He lived a long, happy, purrrrfect life and he brought me so much light and love. 15-16 years is a good run... bless you my friend... I love and miss you so...

Football been very very good to me

Nothing begins with 'n' and ends with 'g'

my 0ยข

Brett Favre is on Tucker talking about the power of cheese. He loves goat cheese and pepper jack. He states he would have been more mentally alert at 51 if he had consumed more cheese throughout the years. He rates cream cheese as his number one cheese due to its versatility, pepper jack as number two, goat cheese number three. He loves soft cheese. Seems to meet the thread criteria...

So... road to the Derby. Essential Quality has the most points thus far at 30 and has pulled in over 1.2 mil n/r stakes with Saez up top. Keeping an eye on Spielberg. Bob Baffert trained and Pratt on board, replacing Cedillo, (who by the way won the Longacres Mile at our local track, Emerald Downs, a $200,000.00 purse, atop Law Abidin' Citizen in 2019.) with $212.000+ in n/r stakes earnings and 13 points. (He was sold at KEESEP for a million fucking dollars so there's obviously a lot of faith and observation that rises above my equine pay grade) Baffert has a potential "two-fer" situation considering that Medina Spirit is roaring out with 14 points. Don't be dismayed by the $80 thou n/r as this is a promising baby. Life Is Good is the third possibility for Baffert holding with 10 points... we'll see. Wanna see a Todd Pletcher trained horse in the top 20. Still could. Long way to go. Bring on the Ponies! Hit $113.90 on my $1.00 exacta today at Delta R7 3/6. Wheel's up!!

Quote Originally Posted by easy cheesy View Post
    So... road to the Derby. Essential Quality has the most points thus far at 30 and has pulled in over 1.2 mil n/r stakes with Saez up top. Keeping an eye on Spielberg. Bob Baffert trained and Pratt on board, replacing Cedillo, (who by the way won the Longacres Mile at our local track, Emerald Downs, a $200,000.00 purse, atop Law Abidin' Citizen in 2019.) with $212.000+ in n/r stakes earnings and 13 points. (He was sold at KEESEP for a million fucking dollars so there's obviously a lot of faith and observation that rises above my equine pay grade) Baffert has a potential "two-fer" situation considering that Medina Spirit is roaring out with 14 points. Don't be dismayed by the $80 thou n/r as this is a promising baby. Life Is Good is the third possibility for Baffert holding with 10 points... we'll see. Wanna see a Todd Pletcher trained horse in the top 20. Still could. Long way to go. Bring on the Ponies! Hit $113.90 on my $1.00 exacta today at Delta R7 3/6. Wheel's up!!

Corgi racing makes me double-fist Sloe Screws!!!!
    http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v739/mike_zankle/icebowltickets.png

Don't forget the T-Rex runs...

Kinda pissed that Cedillo was replaced by Pratt on Spielberg.... but... Tiz what it is... (Nod to Tiz!)

Law Abidin' Citizen with Abel aboard!!! Hell Yeah!!!

We are in a giant housing bubble, aren't we? I know interest rates are low, but I see way too many 1M+ houses selling way too quickly in Pewaukee to be comfortable.

My wife and I are slow movers who that are very intentional and deliberate with our money. We have been considering jumping into a new house but boy, they all sell too fast, often times within 24 hours of listing. That, to me, is a recipe for a disaster and a lot of people are going to lose their shirts when a recession in the job market occurs.

I like being in control of the process, so I think a better fit for us is to wait for prices to come down a bit and interest rates to go up a bit so there's less people in the market.

El Jardinero Rat HOFer MadtownPacker's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    You stupid mfing honkey, I told you that shit months ago and then you come on here acting like you breaking news.

Wait until all the mortgage protections end. Gonna be deals in 12-18 months IMO.

Do you think that will impact expensive houses too? Personally - I am pretty frustrated with all of the stimulus continuing and all of the protections in place and the state of the market. We really would like to buy a new house but the market is just too hot and too fast moving for a very methodical person like me. I understand why they're there, but the housing market is too hot right now. Not a political post just stating a fact.

https://www.cnbc.com/2021/06/29/home...ller-says.html

This just needs to be said:

Whitney Houston's self titled album is incredible. Great songs, catchy, and she is a boss lady.