Page 2 of 188 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 52 102 ... LastLast

Thread: OFFICIAL THREAD about "NOTHING"

? HOFer
    Bretsky that would be freaking awesome. I would love that.

I've been hitting the gym pretty hard the past few weeks prior to my ankle injury. Now, I've been hacking up a lung all week wth a pretty bad cold. At least the injury and annual cold came at the same time!

There isn't anything better than those first few years after getting your license. You have a ton of freedom without any real responsibility. Those are the best times!

My daughter's favorite movie, by far, is Toy Story 2. The original Toy Story is a little scary for a girl who will turn 3 tomorrow, but TS2 is awesome. She didn't get into Cars or Madagascar. All young kids like Finding Nemo.

Flowers are pretty. My favorite spot is our "White Garden" in the front of the house with "David" Phlox, ginormous white delphiniums, lupines, John Paul roses, and ferny stands of white cosmos waving over it all.

The colored garden is in the back.

(Seeing this on paper I am suddenly uncomfortable with the depth of my commitment to ethnic diversity.)
    [QUOTE=George Cumby] ...every draft (Ted) would pick a solid, dependable, smart, athletically limited linebacker...the guy who isn't doing drugs, going to strip bars, knocking around his girlfriend or making any plays of game changing significance.

Quote Originally Posted by HarveyWallbangers
    My daughter's favorite movie, by far, is Toy Story 2. The original Toy Story is a little scary for a girl who will turn 3 tomorrow, but TS2 is awesome. She didn't get into Cars or Madagascar. All young kids like Finding Nemo.
    What about Little Mermaid? I guess that would be considered an oldie today...but my daughter liked that one.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by HarveyWallbangers

I thought Toy Story was more of a scary flick; my kids are big Madagascar fans
    LIFE IS ABOUT CHAMPIONSHIPS; I JUST REALIZED THIS. The MILWAUKEE BUCKS have won the same number of championships over the past 50 years as the Green Bay Packers. Ten years from now, who will have more championships, and who will be the fart in the wind ?

Quote Originally Posted by Partial
    There isn't anything better than those first few years after getting your license. You have a ton of freedom without any real responsibility. Those are the best times!
    Hold Up!!! She won't get a license for 2 more years!!

? HOFer
    Quote Originally Posted by GrnBay007
    Damn, you can get your temps early in IA. In Wisconsin it is when you're 15.5 years old and have completed driver education class/written test.

Blog Entries

Is it temps at 15.5 and license at 18 in Iowa ?

Maybe they have their own rules in Iowa
    LIFE IS ABOUT CHAMPIONSHIPS; I JUST REALIZED THIS. The MILWAUKEE BUCKS have won the same number of championships over the past 50 years as the Green Bay Packers. Ten years from now, who will have more championships, and who will be the fart in the wind ?

? HOFer
    License is 16 in Wisconsin.

I really like Amazon's third party stores and the ability to buy books used. Not only are text books substantially cheaper in most cases (though not always), but you can get most books for dirt cheap. I just bought rich dad poor dad for about 5 bucks shipped. That seems like a great deal to me!

My 3 year old son is a huge Cars fan. Like father like son I guess. Maybe he will grow up to be a mechanic just like his old man. :P A bugs life has made a come back here at the house too. Used to have Tuck and Roll as my avatar back in the CE days. LOL..
    Formerly known as "Jeffro66".

Quote Originally Posted by Bretsky

They get their Permit at 14 and their license at 16 in Iowa. No Driver's Ed before getting their permit though....just take a written test.

Quote Originally Posted by Jeffro66
    My 3 year old son is a huge Cars fan. Like father like son I guess. Maybe he will grow up to be a mechanic just like his old man. :P A bugs life has made a come back here at the house too. Used to have Tuck and Roll as my avatar back in the CE days. LOL..

He was pretty funny ^^^

Quote Originally Posted by packinpatland
    This is all sounding like a Seinfeld episode.
    Tell me, PIP, are you still fixating on the Seinfeld episode where George was discovered to be suffering from "shrikage?"

The day after that episode aired, the female teachers at my school couldn't stop talking and laughing about that scene!

Quote Originally Posted by oregonpackfan
    The day after that episode aired, the female teachers at my school couldn't stop talking and laughing about that scene!
    I hate all women. Is that wrong?

They get their Permit at 14 and their license at 16 in Iowa. No Driver's Ed before getting their permit though....just take a written test.
    Same here in AK....I bought my first truck at 15 in anticipation of my 16th birthday!

1969 Ford F150 with a 240 straight six and a posi rear end...best vehicle I have ever owned.

Blog Entries
    Today is my son's 1st Birthday

I don't understand birthday parties or for that manner women on the day of the birthday party. 365 days to plan for the next B'day party if they choose. Yet the annual spouse monster appears the day of each party as all crashing down when things are behind or not 100% perfect as they see

I wonder if all women are like this; I wonder if I'm suppose to react stressed because the spouse is. Maybe being the voice of reason is wrong

Like every year, the Birthday party will go fine and nobody except me will realize how stressful it all was

Then tomorrow will be a new day with all the drama forgotten about.

Until the next two Birthday's in Sept and Oct

Today is my son's 1st Birthday

I don't understand birthday parties or for that manner women on the day of the birthday party. 365 days to plan for the next B'day party if they choose. Yet the annual spouse monster appears the day of each party as all crashing down when things are behind or not 100% perfect as they see

(1)I wonder if all women are like this; (2)I wonder if I'm suppose to react stressed because the spouse is. (3) Maybe being the voice of reason is wrong

Like every year, the Birthday party will go fine and nobody except me will realize how stressful it all was

Then tomorrow will be a new day with all the drama forgotten about.

Until the next two Birthday's in Sept and Oct
    (1) Yes
    (2) No, you're supposed to be the voice of reason. But having said that, keep in mind that the voice of reason will always be to blame if something goes wrong, and even if there is no major catastrophe you will always be regarded with suspicion until the last of your daughter's friends leave and the party is over.
    (3) See (2).

Birthday parties are a raw deal, and nobody knows this quite like the dads.

I've discovered a wonderful secret!
    "You're all very smart, and I'm very dumb." - Partial

Blog Entries
    So as I earlier predicted, everything went fine and dandy

And now life goes on like there was never any stress in the first place

so as earlier noted by somebody else, at least I didn't get blamed for something I had nothing to do with

So as I earlier predicted, everything went fine and dandy

And now life goes on like there was never any stress in the first place

so as earlier noted by somebody else, at least I didn't get blamed for something I had nothing to do with

The memories conjured up........when my oldest daughter turned 1, we were living in AZ. I had this huge birthday extravaganza planned. I was assured that it never rained in AZ that time of the year... you literally could plan an outdoor event a year ahead of time with no worries.
    Yeah right........we ended up with 35 people inside......POURED rain.
    But......it was memorable.