Page 51 of 181 FirstFirst ... 41 49 50 51 52 53 61 101 151 ... LastLast
Results 1,001 to 1,020 of 3744

Thread: OFFICIAL THREAD about "NOTHING"

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    with 11 long-haired friends of Jesus in a chartreuse microbus
    6 lemon drops are very tasty. 7 and the roof of your mouth disintegrates.
    "Never, never ever support a punk like mraynrand. Rather be as I am and feel real sympathy for his sickness." - Woodbuck

Thanks for hashing that out for us.
    "Greatness is not an act... but a habit.Greatness is not an act... but a habit." -Greg Jennings

Quote Originally Posted by ThunderDan
    Quote Originally Posted by Freak Out
    I've been in Maui all week....have to head home on Saturday......prepping for winter in AK.

Nothing like an evening swim in the warm pacific to sooth the soul.
    My aunt lived in Kotzebue, AK for two years teaching 1st grade. First year it was cold as hell and no snow. The second winter was warmer and like 200" of snow or something silly like that. She has pictures of the snow higher than the houses roofs.

Alta Ski Area Snowfall Tops 700 Inches
    Articles - News - Resorts

Alta, UT - It happened at the very end of Alta’s snowfall measuring for this ski season on Thursday.

For consistency's sake, Alta measures seasonal snowfall from October storms, when the accumulated snow does not melt and forms a portion of the measurable base depth for early season, through 4 a.m. on May 1, giving Alta a sound statistical base to track season to season.

On the afternoon of April 30, Alta’s seasonal snowfall total measured 688 inches, according to Titus Case, snow safety director. “We were on track to go down with the 2007-2008 ski season being the fourth snowiest in 28 years,” Case reported Wednesday. “With this evening’s storm, it may be possible to reach the 700-inch mark.”

As of 4 a.m. on Thursday, Alta Ski Area reported snow accumulations of 14 inches, bringing the 2007-08 seasonal snowfall total to 702 inches. This makes the current ski season the third snowiest in Alta’s 28-year measuring cycle and the season snowfall average now stands at 547 inches. By the time the storm ended later on Thursday, 22 inches had fallen.

In past decades, skiing at Alta sometimes continued into May. The Utah ski resort closed for this season this year on April 20.

Just so you know, finding a nice halal restaurant in DC is not as easy as one might imagine.
    "Greatness is not an act... but a habit.Greatness is not an act... but a habit." -Greg Jennings

Quote Originally Posted by MJZiggy
    Just so you know, finding a nice halal restaurant in DC is not as easy as one might imagine.
    Dating a muslim are we?

According to:http://www.zabihah.com/sp.php?l=washington%2C+dc

There are 44 in Wash, DC including Popeyes Chicken!!!

Guess the key word is "nice".

Key word is nice. Pizza and chicken joints abound.

Should be fine going to any medi type place. Arab cuisine (kabobs, pita, hummus) doesn't really lend itself to upscale.

If Ty were looking to eat at a nice halal restaurant, Ty would look more towards muslim countries like Indonesia/asia or India.

Take'em to a nice jewish deli...they are usually Halal.

Redneck Rat HOFer Little Whiskey's Avatar
    the key word is restaurant. Go to the place that has the food you want to eat. go ahead and give him one of those slaps that you were saving from that vegan kid!

Took in a puppy in need of a home this weekend to see how he would get along with our dog. Didn't work so well. I will NEVER do that again. Amazing how attached you can become with a dog in 2-3 days.

She didn't like him?

She didn't like him?
    She liked playing with him ....for a bit, but puppy didn't know when to stop. I def don't know A LOT about dogs but our Maggie has been having accidents in the house this weekend and she never does that. Don't know if it's nerves or what...but don't want that going on. Oh, and we use a kennel for our dog when we are at work/school. Puppy has never been in one and that was a nightmare and we never did get her in there this weekend.

The puppy is 8 months old (still considered a puppy, right?) and it's sad...he's so skinny and you can tell he hasn't been treated very well. I am so hoping a co-worker will take him. Have to make that call soon. Keep telling myself worst case the puppy goes to the Humane Society where it should get adopted quickly.....young, cute and pretty much housebroke. He didn't have any accidents in the house but is not good about letting us know he has to go.

Blog Entries
    Wireless network meltdown; it was all screwed up but 12 hours later after returning original new pc for another new pc it's all working.
    LIFE IS ABOUT CHAMPIONSHIPS; I JUST REALIZED THIS. The MILWAUKEE BUCKS have won the same number of championships over the past 50 years as the Green Bay Packers. Ten years from now, who will have more championships, and who will be the fart in the wind ?

Cheese & Beer Rat All-Pro MichiganPackerFan's Avatar
    I just "wasted" 2.5 hours at work catching up on Saturday-Sunday posts, when I need to be getting returns done as the tax season deadline approaches. Some of the back & forth personal bs i skipped. I can't wait for kickoff. Don't have time to grill up anything great, but leftovers, chips & cheese and some High Life I bought to support my WI heritage will do nicely.

Jumbo Rat HOFer
    Quote Originally Posted by MichiganPackerFan
    I just "wasted" 2.5 hours at work catching up on Saturday-Sunday posts, when I need to be getting returns done as the tax season deadline approaches. Some of the back & forth personal bs i skipped. I can't wait for kickoff. Don't have time to grill up anything great, but leftovers, chips & cheese and some High Life I bought to support my WI heritage will do nicely.

Client called this morning and wants to drop his tax stuff on Saturday. I told him to get in here ASAP and he will be lucky to get it done. Way to procrastinate for 5 3/4 months and then dump it on me with 4 business days to finish.
    But Rodgers leads the league in frumpy expressions and negative body language on the sideline, which makes him, like Josh Allen, a unique double threat.

-Tim Harmston

Client called this morning and wants to drop his tax stuff on Saturday. I told him to get in here ASAP and he will be lucky to get it done. Way to procrastinate for 5 3/4 months and then dump it on me with 4 business days to finish.
    We have extra special discount rates for our clients who do this. Privately we call it the "Asshole Discount". Suffice it to say the last 4 days before each tax deadline was always very profitable. Since it is the same folks every year, and every deadline, they happily pay the bill, and we happily accomodate their schedule....

Two can play at that game.

Cheese & Beer Rat All-Pro MichiganPackerFan's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by retailguy

We have extra special discount rates for our clients who do this. Privately we call it the "Asshole Discount". Suffice it to say the last 4 days before each tax deadline was always very profitable. Since it is the same folks every year, and every deadline, they happily pay the bill, and we happily accomodate their schedule....

Two can play at that game.
    I just do corporate now, so I'm wrapping up the state/federal project that got rolling in early June. Back when I did personal stuff that used to piss me off.

I'm chatting live with a helpful support person in India. Anyone have anything they want me to say?
    "You're all very smart, and I'm very dumb." - Partial

Kickass Rat All-Pro CaptainKickass's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by SkinBasket
    I'm chatting live with a helpful support person in India. Anyone have anything they want me to say?

Maybe ask them if they like this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IhnUgAaea4M
    "Everyone's born anarchist and atheist until people start lying to them" ~ wise philosopher

Tell them Scott said Kashmir should belong to Pakistan. And I think the faucets in the Taj Mahal were kind of cheap.

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Campbell

Tell them Scott said Kashmir should belong to Pakistan. And I think the faucets in the Taj Mahal were kind of cheap.
    I gave him unfettered access to my computer to install software. Apparently I can't be trusted with such a monumental task. I was two seconds away from pulling up the brett favre picture in the GC, but he started mouse fighting me when I tried moving the cursor.
    "You're all very smart, and I'm very dumb." - Partial