Thread: Does it come in various flavors?

Does it come in various flavors?

Indevus gel protects women from AIDS virus: research
    Mon Feb 9, 2009 9:06am EST

WASHINGTON (Reuters) - An Indevus Pharmaceuticals gel formulated to protect women from the virus that causes AIDS appeared to protect about a third of them from infection -- the first time a so-called microbicide has been shown to work, researchers told a conference in Montreal.

Dr. Salim Abdool Karim of the Center for the AIDS Program of Research in South Africa and colleagues said the trial of 3,000 women showed the gel may have protected 30 percent of the women from infection.

(Reporting by Maggie Fox)
    Lombardi told Starr to "Run it, and let's get the hell out of here!" - 'Ice Bowl' December 31, 1967

So this is stopping HIV from becoming AIDS, or are they giving this gel to women and then trying to give them AIDS?
    Quote Originally Posted by 3irty1 View Post
    This is museum quality stupidity.

Quote Originally Posted by Zool
    So this is stopping HIV from becoming AIDS, or are they giving this gel to women and then trying to give them AIDS?
    My thoughts exactly. Unless, they're doing this in some subsaharan African country where it is "uncool" to use birth control and ppl absolutely will not use it.

I guess I could've clicked on the link, but I'm not that interested.

Talk about a roll of the dice.....a simple condom is much more effective...but in the case of rape it would be better than nothing. How long is it effective after being applied I wonder?

I'm a dental dam man, myself.