Thread: Interwebs question

Interwebs question

I have a .pdf file with family photos. It's 42 pages long and 33 Mb. I'm looking for a way to get it online so that the family can page through it, but obviously it's freaking huge.

I also have a .jpg version of each page. I've seen documents in readers that you could page through and I've seen documents that you'd think would be way too big to post, that were fine.

Anyone have any ideas on how to handle this issue?

Thanks.
    "Greatness is not an act... but a habit.Greatness is not an act... but a habit." -Greg Jennings

? HOFer
    Compress the photos, and re PDF-ify it. Or host the huge image. Those are about the only options. That's really not that big imo.

Try Zen Photo

http://www.zenphoto.org/

Quote Originally Posted by LL2
    Thanks for the link. I read the site, but I can't tell if it will show the files full size (scrapbook page size).

I'm thinking of just resaving the .pdf at a crappy resolution and telling the family to let me know if they want any of the pages. (also thinking of doing some work on them and taking out the foo-foo crap that people like to put in scrapbooks. No offense if you like that stuff, but the little stickers and cutesy things just aren't my cup of tea.).
    "Greatness is not an act... but a habit.Greatness is not an act... but a habit." -Greg Jennings

El Jardinero Rat HOFer MadtownPacker's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Why the fuck dont you just make it separate pages?

Because it's 42 pages long and there's talk of adding more. There's just a few pics on a page so I'd rather them be able to page through it like a virtual book. Otherwise I'd just upload the .jpgs. This is provided I can even remember the password to my own site...Yeesh!

El Jardinero Rat HOFer MadtownPacker's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by MJZiggy
    Because it's 42 pages long and there's talk of adding more. There's just a few pics on a page so I'd rather them be able to page through it like a virtual book. Otherwise I'd just upload the .jpgs. This is provided I can even remember the password to my own site...Yeesh!
    Well then send them a damn CD in the mail. I really dont see why 33 meg is sucha a big deal. If you want to release more later there can be a "book II" or some shit.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v739/mike_zankle/icebowltickets.png

Nobody will ever accuse me of being big...

Quote Originally Posted by MJZiggy
    Nobody will ever accuse me of being big...
    I know.

I was just missing Reggie White.
    http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v739/mike_zankle/icebowltickets.png

Zig,

Just emailed you about a Windows app that might do the trick.

If it works out OK, maybe you can post about it.
    -digital dean

No "TROLLS" allowed!