Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Official Cannabis Club thread

El Jardinero Rat HOFer MadtownPacker's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Official Cannabis Club thread

I recall back in the days of JSO you fakes would act like you didn’t smoke bud or pretended to be offended at the notion. But that was then this is now and with most of you likely living in or near a state that allows it I’m sure you get your undercover smoke on.

Before you reach for your phone to call the cops remember it’s 2019 and it’s all fucking good. As someone who has suffered “consequences” for possession of it I am a strong advocate for legalization nationwide. I understand there has to be regulations and with that the price goes up. It’s just cannot be more expensive than what street price is or nobody is going to buy it in stores. I have shopped a few and my observation was most people buying did not appear to be daily smokers. Which is where the real money is, out in the streets. But let’s not focus on legal shit. Instead let’s be honest about getting high and all the good stuff that comes with this plant.

The evolution of the culture has mellowed toward cannabis and I can somewhat agree with it. However society has also allowed the use of tobacco and now vaping is also in the inhalant marketplace. None of it is a healthy habit. I know because I smoked cigarettes (and until age 35 pot) for 45 years. I finally quit over 3 years ago, but the accumulated lung damage left me with COPD (chronic bronchitis and emphysema).

I fully understand the pleasure derived from a tasty bud and also how tolerance levels build up so that it takes more/stronger doses to get high. I used to use it more as a muscle relaxer following a hard day's labor at work. I'm not against people smoking pot, but I am concerned about the damage done by inhaling anything other than air.

Also if the more than occasional social use of Alcohol or Pot or any other such thing has become a daily need, that is addiction. Weather it's cigarettes or pot or alcohol or any other substance, addiction to anything is a bad thing. I know I used to be addicted to cigarettes and today I'm paying big because of it. People have wised up sense the time when the Marlboro Man regularly rode across our TV screens enticing us to smoke. Cigarettes are still sold legally, and they are still damaging those that use them. but while at one time smokers were the majority, today it is fast becoming a shrinking minority. After years of seeing Mothers and Fathers and Uncles and Aunts and Brothers and Sisters die of Lung or Throat Cancer or suffer with Emphysema or some other malady derived from smoking tobacco, society's view of the use of tobacco has outlawed advertising it, set higher and stricter age restrictions, and placed upon it taxes so high as to entice more to quit.

Smoking remains a personal decision, but weather it's tobacco or pot or vaping, it is all hazardous to your health. I do endorse medical research/use of cannabis. Also traditional products like rope and paper and etc.made from the plants could be good for progressive minded businesses. It could replace/reduce the use of petrochemicals that go into producing many products. I would like to see the controlled sale of products like Brownies and Cookies and such become a more widely legal alternative to inhaling smoke. I'm not against pot, I am against the damage that any smoking does.

Blog Entries
    So you will still eat some brownies is what you are saying?

Once it’s legal here, I’m on board. For now, it’s not worth it to me.
    Quote Originally Posted by 3irty1 View Post
    This is museum quality stupidity.

Quote Originally Posted by MadtownPacker View Post
    So you will still eat some brownies is what you are saying?
    I'm not against pot, I am against the damage that any smoking does.

with 11 long-haired friends of Jesus in a chartreuse microbus
    Those states where pot is legal are really turning into nice Utopias. That is, if you like homeless people rolling around stoned on your sidewalks. Enjoy folks. Just what the nation needs - another alcohol. Let me add it up: Alcohol, Pot, Opioids, Cell phones, etc. etc. Maybe population control will be via self-selection. Survival of the fittest!
    "Never, never ever support a punk like mraynrand. Rather be as I am and feel real sympathy for his sickness." - Woodbuck

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Radagast View Post
    I'm not against pot, I am against the damage that any smoking does.
    Why the fuck are you bringing my thread down???? Did I praise vegan lifestyle in your BBQ thread!!

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by mraynrand View Post
    Those states where pot is legal are really turning into nice Utopias. That is, if you like homeless people rolling around stoned on your sidewalks. Enjoy folks. Just what the nation needs - another alcohol. Let me add it up: Alcohol, Pot, Opioids, Cell phones, etc. etc. Maybe population control will be via self-selection. Survival of the fittest!
    Great another one. I don’t know one single person who has gone homeless from smoking weed. Unlike alcohol and heroin (phones are terrible) so your comparison is BS. You must think I’m in San Fran. The Central Valley is far from it and pretty much a whole different region. People here work and aren’t a bunch of hipsters. This ain’t Portland either bitch!
    Get the fuck outta here then!!

Does anyone want to talk about weed in a positive light??? Fuck!

Great another one. I don’t know one single person who has gone homeless from smoking weed. Unlike alcohol and heroin (phones are terrible) so your comparison is BS. You must think I’m in San Fran. The Central Valley is far from it and pretty much a whole different region. People here work and aren’t a bunch of hipsters. This ain’t Portland either bitch!
    Get the fuck outta here then!!

Does anyone want to talk about weed in a positive light??? Fuck!
    No. It's pretty terrible. Sorry you don't know the facts. They are grim.
    "Never, never ever support a punk like mraynrand. Rather be as I am and feel real sympathy for his sickness." - Woodbuck

Blog Entries
    Sorry you always have to be right. Now get the fuck out of the thread.

Sorry you always have to be right. Now get the fuck out of the thread.
    enjoy being baked

i'd down

but i can't stand the taste of smell of the real shit, so i'm using a vape with oils

don't use it every day, but sometimes you just have to zone out and not give a fuck about anything

from where i am, i don't see any difference between now and when it was illegal, haven't seen an increase in homelessness , or people just out wandering around stoned

Blog Entries
    I am old skool. My go to is the classic rolled format. The vaping is fine but doesn’t seem to last long.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by red View Post
    but i can't stand the taste of smell of the real shit
    One of the few people I know. Even non smokers tend to say it has a nice smell or is a pretty plant.

I'm Straight edge bruh.

One of the few people I know. Even non smokers tend to say it has a nice smell or is a pretty plant.
    Second hand gives me a brutal headache. So far I’ve yet to try it. Once it’s legal, I’ll give edibles a go.

yeah, i have no clue what it is, but the smell and taste make me feel sick

even in edibles where the "bakers" swear you can't taste the weed at all, i can taste it

love the effects, can't stand the process of getting there though.

and actually, when i smoke, i just laugh at everything for about 30 minutes to an hour, then fall asleep

Oracle Rat HOFer Cheesehead Craig's Avatar
    People want to do it, do it. Of course there's bad issues with it if you overdo it, just like anything else. Moderation is key. I'd eat a brownie or cookie from the stuff.
    All hail the Ruler of the Meadow!

Blog Entries
    I know this subject gets no play here besides the burger flipper but oh well.

Anyone like cannabutter? Made a batch this weekend and baked 24 chocolate chip cookies. I didn’t make the cookies from scratch but it is a mix bag recipe that uses lots of butter. Wish I could get some virgin testers from here. Joemailman, Tex, and, and well that might be it. The rest of you have smoked weed, save the denial.

I know this subject gets no play here besides the burger flipper but oh well.

Anyone like cannabutter? Made a batch this weekend and baked 24 chocolate chip cookies. I didn’t make the cookies from scratch but it is a mix bag recipe that uses lots of butter. Wish I could get some virgin testers from here. Joemailman, Tex, and, and well that might be it. The rest of you have smoked weed, save the denial.
    Still haven't. Its only medicinal here. Give it another year. I can't stand smoke in any form. I'm a sensitive flower.

When it's legal, I'm all over that chocolate bar though.