Page 41 of 50 FirstFirst ... 31 39 40 41 42 43 ... LastLast

Thread: Dear Nutz

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Deputy Nutz View Post
    For all of you hunters out there, what is your favorite go to cartridge? I am moving on from 30.06 to the .308. I am not exactly happy about it. I think the 30.06 is still an all around better cartridge. If you had to pick one rifle chambered in only one round what would it be?
    When we move to Kentucky, I'm picking up the M1a. Then I'm going to murder every animal on the property and burn them in a giant pit and invite the homeless to gorge themselves on the carcasses in said pit. Then, I'm going to fill the pit with dirt. If any homeless successfully dig their way out, then they've earned a place in my home, and they will no longer be homeless. But they will wear a shock collar.

Point being, I'm going to shoot things with a .308 at a later date and that is of no help to you.

Wolf Pack Rat HOFer Deputy Nutz's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by SkinBasket View Post
    When we move to Kentucky, I'm picking up the M1a. Then I'm going to murder every animal on the property and burn them in a giant pit and invite the homeless to gorge themselves on the carcasses in said pit. Then, I'm going to fill the pit with dirt. If any homeless successfully dig their way out, then they've earned a place in my home, and they will no longer be homeless. But they will wear a shock collar.

Point being, I'm going to shoot things with a .308 at a later date and that is of no help to you.
    I know it is Kentucky but they do have laws about when and how you can kill certain animals. I thought the M1a was still chambered in 30/06?

I know it is Kentucky but they do have laws about when and how you can kill certain animals. I thought the M1a was still chambered in 30/06?
    308 fancy pants. Although I might look at a cheap .338 as well, but I do love the look of the Springfield stocks. But it's an expensive gun that needs another 150-200 for the scope mount alone, not to mention the scope and rings. It's all so confusing.

I've read on KY government site that if you're zoned agricultural in KY, you can take what you want, when you want, with whatever weapon you want. I fully intend to make good use of that if I can verify that's true with my local authorities. Payback time for those walking rats.

For all of you hunters out there, what is your favorite go to cartridge? I am moving on from 30.06 to the .308. I am not exactly happy about it. I think the 30.06 is still an all around better cartridge. If you had to pick one rifle chambered in only one round what would it be?
    What are you hunting? Whitetail I assume?
    C.H.U.D.

A female hispanic lesbian lawyer.

with 11 long-haired friends of Jesus in a chartreuse microbus
    Quote Originally Posted by sooner6600 View Post
    A female hispanic lesbian lawyer.
    a little redundant there, eh? Homeland security knows all about you....
    "Never, never ever support a punk like mraynrand. Rather be as I am and feel real sympathy for his sickness." - Woodbuck

Yes Whitetail, but this isn't really a question that I need answered, I have read all the magazines. What gun and or caliber could you simply not do without? In your opinion what is the best all around cartridge?

I am a 30/06 man myself, and don't like the knocked down cartridge of the .308, but I can get it in a tactical weapon, not just a regular old 4 shot rifle. 20 round clips go a lot further.

.300 win mags are highly powerful, but I don't think I will ever need that much gun.

I could not live without my 375 HH Magnum. I've killed Moose, Caribou, Buffalo, brown and black bear...even Sitka Black Tail with it. I take it deer hunting in Kodiak because I am not getting caught in a bad spot with a brown bear with a fucking 30/06. I know people who prefer the 338 or a Weatherby of some caliber...but I have always shot the 375 HH.
    C.H.U.D.

Quote Originally Posted by Freak Out View Post
    I could not live without my 375 HH Magnum. I've killed Moose, Caribou, Buffalo, brown and black bear...even Sitka Black Tail with it. I take it deer hunting in Kodiak because I am not getting caught in a bad spot with a brown bear with a fucking 30/06. I know people who prefer the 338 or a Weatherby of some caliber...but I have always shot the 375 HH.
    Off topic...lol Whenever I hear Kodiak Alaska it makes me think of the movie The Guardian with Kevin Costner. Love that movie! So 20 yrs. after graduating I find out one of my classmates that joined the military right after graduation was a rescue swimmer in Alaska (from a small midwest town). Yeah, he was (and still is) pretty hot too. Can't even imagine what that job must be like.

Quote Originally Posted by Freak Out View Post
    You made me curious so I looked it up:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/.375_Ho...Holland_Magnum

Good stuff, Freak, I have learned something new tonight. Thanks.

That is quite a large caliber, but then again I don't ever have to worry about Brown Bear. 12 years ago I almost bought a .444 Marlin lever action. I just couldn't, simply based on the 3 dollars it cost to fire one round. I could have shot and killed lots of Brown bear with that gun.

Redneck Rat HOFer Little Whiskey's Avatar
    I like the 30/06. Good all around gun (i don't have to worry about dangerous game). Most of my hunting is done in the Midwest. I can also buy ammo anywhere.

I forgot to mention, I'm going to craft a custom heat shield/bipod mount for the 338. It's going to look so terrible it's awesome.

Anyone looking for a good deal on .40S&W?

$263 shipped for 1000 180gr brass CCI. Today only.

http://palmettostatearmory.com/index...al-jacket.html

That is pretty racist

you going to answer my text or not?

Dear nutz,

I've become very concerned for you. If you don't respond, I will simply show up at your house around 4pm on Friday. Then I will get some answers.

Phone? Oh I broke it, I use my wife's purple phone now

I'm coming over soon. I hope you're excited.

I have to do some shopping first though. Need some .44 mag ammo so I can try to shoot a deer in the face. Also need to order a scope mount and a cheap handgun scope. I would ask you if you want to go to Gander Mountain or Fleet Farm with me, but I don't even know if you have the same phone number.