Page 41 of 51 FirstFirst ... 31 39 40 41 42 43 ... LastLast

Thread: Dear Nutz

Redneck Rat HOFer Little Whiskey's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by George Cumby View Post
    Centerfire and a shitload more powder and correspondingly better ballistics.

Here is a good read:

http://www.thefirearmblog.com/blog/2...lr-vs-223-rem/
    Great Article. this should answer your questions mad. the pictures tell the story.

Ah lawyers, guns and money. Some folks at work want to teach me to shoot. Trying to figure out when and if to take them up on it...
    "Greatness is not an act... but a habit.Greatness is not an act... but a habit." -Greg Jennings

Quote Originally Posted by MJZiggy View Post
    Ah lawyers, guns and money. Some folks at work want to teach me to shoot. Trying to figure out when and if to take them up on it...
    Zig:

"Beware the man who only has one gun. He probably knows how to use it!"

IMO: make sure your friends focus on fundamentals.

L,G & M. What a great tune.

It will have to be a day when I am actually in that part of the region. The idea of driving 4 hours on a Saturday to go shoot guns seems a little nuts. Instead, I thought a date might be a nice idea (though maybe I really should learn shooting first...lol)
    "Greatness is not an act... but a habit.Greatness is not an act... but a habit." -Greg Jennings

I guess this should be in this thread...

Hey ladies. Just so you know, when you try to hold your tits in place with your forearms when you run you look stupid. And you look like you're afraid of sex. Not that anyone will want to have sex with someone pinning their boobs in place an looking like a retard when you run.

It will have to be a day when I am actually in that part of the region. The idea of driving 4 hours on a Saturday to go shoot guns seems a little nuts. Instead, I thought a date might be a nice idea (though maybe I really should learn shooting first...lol)
    A first date at the range? Don't walk away, RUN!

El Jardinero Rat HOFer MadtownPacker's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Little Whiskey View Post
    biggest difference is the amount of powder and available heavy bullet weights. Knock down power is huge compaired to a 22. I know a guy who deer hunts with a .223
    That big a difference huh. Interesting.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by wootah View Post
    I guess this should be in this thread...

Great idea.

Redneck Rat HOFer Little Whiskey's Avatar

The article cumby posted was really good. there is a whole lot of get up and go in a 223. the pic that showed how each round impacted water pipe helped tell the story.

Quote Originally Posted by SkinBasket View Post
    Hey ladies. Just so you know, when you try to hold your tits in place with your forearms when you run you look stupid. And you look like you're afraid of sex. Not that anyone will want to have sex with someone pinning their boobs in place an looking like a retard when you run.
    Dude, we don't do that shit to look sexy. It has two reasons: 1) Those things hurt when they bounce around like that and 2) we don't want our boobs hanging around our belly buttons, so not stretching all that stuff out is worth not turning your ass on while we run.

Quote Originally Posted by George Cumby View Post
    A first date at the range? Don't walk away, RUN!
    No, dear, I blew off the guns for the date. In hindsight, four hours is not that long a drive...

Blog Entries
    The article cumby posted was really good. there is a whole lot of get up and go in a 223. the pic that showed how each round impacted water pipe helped tell the story.
    Yeah saw that. Very nice penetration. I can see why Skinshady likes it.

No, dear, I blew off the guns for the date. In hindsight, four hours is not that long a drive...
    Bummer. I take it no second date?

Dude, we don't do that shit to look sexy. It has two reasons: 1) Those things hurt when they bounce around like that and 2) we don't want our boobs hanging around our belly buttons, so not stretching all that stuff out is worth not turning your ass on while we run.
    Then ya'll should wear a bra. Hippies. Or don't run. Or only run at night when no one can see you.

with 11 long-haired friends of Jesus in a chartreuse microbus
    the one on the right looks like a N. Korean ICBM.
    "Never, never ever support a punk like mraynrand. Rather be as I am and feel real sympathy for his sickness." - Woodbuck

Quote Originally Posted by SkinBasket View Post
    Then ya'll should wear a bra. Hippies. Or don't run. Or only run at night when no one can see you.
    That's with a bra. Try having boobs once. It's more complicated than you'd like to believe.

Come on guys. This is the only bra that should be discussed in this topic:

Quote Originally Posted by wootah View Post
    Come on guys. This is the only bra that should be discussed in this topic:

She'd knock herself unconscious if she tried to run in that thing.

Wolf Pack Rat HOFer Deputy Nutz's Avatar
    biggest difference is the amount of powder and available heavy bullet weights. Knock down power is huge compaired to a 22. I know a guy who deer hunts with a .223
    How does that work out killing deer? I just read an article in Outdoor Life, and it seems that you have to go high, and I mean high liking shooting the fucking thing in the head. I am nervous about aiming the shot around the front shoulder for fear that it won't penetrate and the bullet will fragment when it hits the shoulder.