Page 1 of 17 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

Thread: New Owner Introduction

New Owner Introduction

Hello all,

I'm the new owner of the site. There will be plenty of time for questions, but I wanted to take a moment to introduce myself. I understand that many of you have posted together for years and Madtownpacker has explained to me how this site first got started.

I've been reading here for quite a while but have never posted here. I used to be active on another large Packer board (that I'm sure you all have heard of), and look forward to being very active here in the coming months/years.

Personally, I'm 31, born and raised in Wisconsin, married with no kids (at this point). I'm a life long Packers fan, and can't imagine rooting for anyone else. Really am looking forward to this season, couldn't believe the draft, and was excited with both first round picks.

I've got an IT background, and will begin working on a new website soon. I know that there have been a lot of questions related to changes and we can discuss them, but part of my interest in this forum is the sense of community that is already here. I'm not looking to change that at all.

If you have private questions, you can always reach me at administrator@packerrats.com.

A public thanks to Madtownpacker for starting and developing this site into what it is. I am grateful to him for trusting me to finish what he's started. He's built a solid foundation that I am excited about continuing. We shared the same vision and goals, and that makes this transition easier. It was, and is, very important to him that changes be kept to a minimum.

Thanks!

</delurk>

Busting drunk drivers in Antarctica since 2006

Sup dude
    I am better looking than you.

I like the catchy name....Administrator!

I take it you now have the keys to the empire?

Where are your manners, people?!?! Welcome to the...errr....your forum!
    "Greatness is not an act... but a habit.Greatness is not an act... but a habit." -Greg Jennings

Quote Originally Posted by MJZiggy

Welcome to your forum!

Senior Rat HOFer Maxie the Taxi's Avatar
    Welcome aboard, sir, good luck and a long tenure... [...How much do you want for the site? ]
    One time Lombardi was disgusted with the team in practice and told them they were going to have to start with the basics. He held up a ball and said: "This is a football." McGee immediately called out, "Stop, coach, you're going too fast," and that gave everyone a laugh.
    John Maxymuk, Packers By The Numbers

I feel a little uneasy about having an anonymous administrator. Hopefully you can find success with a "hands off" approach similar to what MTP was so successful with. I would point you towards the failure of the CE forum (which ultimately resulted in the creation of Packer Rats) as an example of what not to do.

Not that I have any say in it whatsoever...

Quote Originally Posted by Rastak
    I like the catchy name....Administrator!

I take it you now have the keys to the empire?
    yep, as of today, I've got the keys.

Welcome to your forum!

Nah. It belongs to all of us, somebody just has to run it. I'm the new guy around here! It's great to be here.

Quote Originally Posted by Maxie the Taxi
    Welcome aboard, sir, good luck and a long tenure... [...How much do you want for the site? ]
    I'd probably think hard about taking that ring in your avatar.

Quote Originally Posted by Administrator

Welcome to your forum!

Nah. It belongs to all of us, somebody just has to run it. I'm the new guy around here! It's great to be here.
    Well in all seriousness...best of luck. There are a few nut cases here but not too many trolls. Those can really drag down a forum. Just the odd Bears troll really.

Senior Rat HOFer
    Quote Originally Posted by Maxie the Taxi
    I'd probably think hard about taking that ring in your avatar.
    Fat chance

Welcome to our forum!

Chuck Norris doesn't cut his grass, he just stares at it and dares it to grow

Quote Originally Posted by falco
    I feel a little uneasy about having an anonymous administrator. Hopefully you can find success with a "hands off" approach similar to what MTP was so successful with. I would point you towards the failure of the CE forum (which ultimately resulted in the creation of Packer Rats) as an example of what not to do.

Not that I have any say in it whatsoever...
    I'm not really anonymous. Just not very creative with the new name, I guess. My goal was to make it obvious as to who I was and that's why I picked that name.

I really don't intend to change very much at all. Over all things function pretty well. Plenty of opinions as to what to do and what not to do. Probably best to take it a day at a time and see where it goes.

I'm not really anonymous. Just not very creative with the new name, I guess. My goal was to make it obvious as to who I was and that's why I picked that name.

I really don't intend to change very much at all. Over all things function pretty well. Plenty of opinions as to what to do and what not to do. Probably best to take it a day at a time and see where it goes.
    Well, I'm on board for the ride. Here's hoping you become an active member of the forum, and no longer a lurker!

Blog Entries
    Welcome Chief and thanks in advance for the work and investment to provide this great Packer community to a great group of people!

? HOFer
    Are you going to come to the game?

Quote Originally Posted by falco

Well, I'm on board for the ride. Here's hoping you become an active member of the forum, and no longer a lurker!
    Thanks. Yep, all my posting from this point forward is here. For better or worse, you're stuck with me!

Quote Originally Posted by Partial
    Are you going to come to the game?
    Can't do that this year. I've got prior plans that I can't change, and the game was picked before I was here.

It is becoming a great annual tradition, though!

Quote Originally Posted by vince
    Welcome Chief and thanks in advance for the work and investment to provide this great Packer community to a great group of people!
    Thanks for the welcome!