Page 15 of 17 FirstFirst ... 5 13 14 15 16 17 LastLast

Thread: New Owner Introduction

Quote Originally Posted by mraynrand
    Quote Originally Posted by Little Whiskey
    Quote Originally Posted by pbmax
    I think, except for the combatants, everyone can find the point at which the thread begins to disintegrate.
    kinda like this thread? at what point did it disintegrate and go off topic?
    after the first post.
    March 2006?
    Busting drunk drivers in Antarctica since 2006

I think, except for the combatants, everyone can find the point at which the thread begins to disintegrate.

The general rule of thumb is this:

this is my rule of thumb:

Busting drunk drivers in Antarctica since 2006

Quote Originally Posted by GrnBay007
    Maybe I missed something in the 14 pages of welcoming, but has the new owner even asked for suggestions concerning the forum? :P
    Yes, somewhere around page 3ish.
    "Greatness is not an act... but a habit.Greatness is not an act... but a habit." -Greg Jennings

Off topic is one problem. Disintegration is another. Let me demonstrate:

"There you go again, Little Whiskey and all his Disintegration Lovers prattling on and on about nothing and then when someone calls them on it they react like they have no idea what you are talking about.

Its clear you have no idea what makes a good thread, in fact its a miracle you can string 3 words together without falling onto your keyboard. I don't know what kind of idiot posts this tripe day after day, but when you get done collecting your welfare check then using the local library's computers (paid for by upstanding members of your community that agree with ME) to post your trash.

Meanwhile, Little Johnny Schoolchild needs to get his History report in so he can graduate from 4th grade but he CAN'T! Because you are hoarding the library computer time to post Disintegration crap on a Packers message board that you clearly have no regard for at all.

And that would be sad enough and you're ruining it for all the normal people on this board like texaspackerbacker. But no, you don't stop there. Little Johnny is going to fail 4th grade now and due to the failure of the public school system (failing since they had to deal with you and your ilk of non-achievers/disintegrators). That will lead him down a dark path of Cub Fandom and we know only Islamofascists become Cub fans in 5th grade.

So you are now directly responsible for the next terrorist attack on American soil. I hope you're happy."

See the difference between off-topic and disintegration?
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

all the normal people on this board like texaspackerbacker.
    Not your strongest argument, pb!

Redneck Rat HOFer Little Whiskey's Avatar
    pb, I have no idea what you are talking about?

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v739/mike_zankle/icebowltickets.png

Blog Entries
    All right, this thread blows.

Way to keep us off balance, PB!

Quote Originally Posted by Tyrone Bigguns
    all the normal people on this board like texaspackerbacker.
    Not your strongest argument, pb!

all subtlety is lost on you, Tyrone. Tex always refers to "the good, normal people" when he wants to invoke a chorus of supporters. PB is using a Tex catch phrase.

Hells Bells, I'm STILL waiting for the introduction. Who are you man? Why all the secrecy?
    Lombardi told Starr to "Run it, and let's get the hell out of here!" - 'Ice Bowl' December 31, 1967

Quote Originally Posted by sheepshead
    Hells Bells, I'm STILL waiting for the introduction. Who are you man? Why all the secrecy?
    Why do you think you get to "set the rules" around here? Will I find your name in the archives?

I offered to let you "show us how it is done". But you haven't taken me up on that. Give it a whirl and introduce yourself. BTW, if you go back and read all your questions will be answered.

Hey man. lighten up. I just laughed when you called it an introduction and it wasnt one. Every website has at least one person who runs it and you know by name, gotta photo usually. Your privacy is fine. I just find it odd as compared to other sites. Posters are anonymous except as a sock puppet. You have enough information about me to control my access. I was just surprised is all. I wasnt active here when this thing was put together but many people seemed to know Mad.
    Lombardi told Starr to "Run it, and let's get the hell out of here!" - 'Ice Bowl' December 31, 1967

pb, I have no idea what you are talking about?
    It was just a joke LW. I was just goofing on the difference between off topic and completely unbalanced. No message specific to you or your post was intended, it was just a launching point for a nonsensical rant.
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

You trying to hassle a dinner date out him or something?
    "You're all very smart, and I'm very dumb." - Partial

Hey man. lighten up. I just laughed when you called it an introduction and it wasnt one. Every website has at least one person who runs it and you know by name, gotta photo usually. Your privacy is fine. I just find it odd as compared to other sites. Posters are anonymous except as a sock puppet. You have enough information about me to control my access. I was just surprised is all. I wasnt active here when this thing was put together but many people seemed to know Mad.
    I'd personally like to know the new guy, but now I'm thinking it might be best if we just gradually get to know him. We knew Mad because he attended two PR games in Green Bay. We know what a crazy Mexican he is. Perhaps, the new owner will attend the PR game this year.

Oracle Rat HOFer Cheesehead Craig's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by HarveyWallbangers
    I'd personally like to know the new guy, but now I'm thinking it might be best if we just gradually get to know him. We knew Mad because he attended two PR games in Green Bay. We know what a crazy Mexican he is. Perhaps, the new owner will attend the PR game this year.
    +1

We'll get to know more and more about the new owner over time. Why such the sense of entitlement that you are owed all of his info upfront sheepshead and the obvious insinuation that the owner is a coward for not giving it to you?
    All hail the Ruler of the Meadow!

Quote Originally Posted by Cheesehead Craig
    +1

We'll get to know more and more about the new owner over time. Why such the sense of entitlement that you are owed all of his info upfront sheepshead and the obvious insinuation that the owner is a coward for not giving it to you?
    Oh come on, i didnt mean that. It was just when I was the headline "introduction" I thought thats what it was going to be. Let it rest. I am just surprised because on any other similar site, sports, politics, etc you know who's running it. No big deal, just thought it was odd.

Quote Originally Posted by Cheesehead Craig
    +1

Oh come on, i didnt mean that. It was just when I was the headline "introduction" I thought thats what it was going to be. Let it rest. I am just surprised because on any other similar site, sports, politics, etc you know who's running it. No big deal, just thought it was odd.
    I see that the how "to win friends and influence people" classes are going well...

'xactly!

:P