Page 4 of 17 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 14 ... LastLast

Thread: New Owner Introduction

Welcome

Quote Originally Posted by MJZiggy
    Quote Originally Posted by Administrator
    Hey! My rat name changed!! Woohoo!!! Makes up for screwing up my Outlook for 15 minutes 'cause I couldn't figure out what that error message was for. LOL. (no one said we were tech geniuses around here)
    Not sure why you picked "desperate house rat" to begin with, but hey, what do I know? Somehow I think there is a story there. Can't wait to hear it.
    "Picked" is a relative term...
    Oh. Well maybe I should have left it alone. You know, nostalgia....

Quote Originally Posted by GrnBay007
    Welcome
    Thank you.

Hey! My rat name changed!! Woohoo!!! Makes up for screwing up my Outlook for 15 minutes 'cause I couldn't figure out what that error message was for. LOL. (no one said we were tech geniuses around here)
    Not sure why you picked "desperate house rat" to begin with, but hey, what do I know? Somehow I think there is a story there. Can't wait to hear it.
    "Picked" is a relative term...
    Oh. Well maybe I should have left it alone. You know, nostalgia....
    Lol, it was done in good humor, just damn hard to get rid of.
    "Greatness is not an act... but a habit.Greatness is not an act... but a habit." -Greg Jennings

Quote Originally Posted by Rastak
    I give my full support to our new overlord. By the way, I could be useful in reporting subversives.....

Kidding.....

In addition to welcoming the new guy, I want to thank Madtown again for his hard work on the forum.

I look forward to the new Viking section. (Kidding again guys and gals).
    Informants are always useful.

What makes a Viking fan hang out here besides Viking week 2x per year? You've obviously been here a while... so you must like it.

As the new head guy you deserve the full story.

Background:

I work near the Wisconsin border so lots of Wisconsinites work where I work and most are Packer fans. I enjoy talkiing football and since many of my co-workers are Packer fans I decided to learn more about my favorite teams main rival so I could talk seriously about both teams. I started reading the Milwaukee Journal Sentinel's football forum about 1995. Even then Tex as preaching the cult of the kool-aid was interesting.

After the major moron guy that started stalking some members of the forum did his thing, I fled along with a core of really good posters and interesting people to a new forum called Christen Encourager. We were all there for a bit and then Harlen and Mad stepped up and created this new forum. The one you currently own!

My motivation is rather simple really. I hate ultra homerism and I hate trolls. Hate is the proper term. I read many Viking blogs but the few forums I visit have lots of moron Packer trolls and lots of ultra homerism Vike fans. I am optimistic (not quite to the Harvey Wallbangers level) but don't gloss over serious issues with my favorite team. At least not on purpose!

So I enjoy reading about what people think about the Vikings main rival and I enjoy some of the very clever folks here. How can one not enjoy a forum with Shamler! (one of my favorite posters, Patler). My high post count is mainly from live threads where I post for hours during the event (a game or the draft). So don't overestimate my contributution....but I do enjoy the forum.

I give my full support to our new overlord. By the way, I could be useful in reporting subversives.....

Kidding.....

In addition to welcoming the new guy, I want to thank Madtown again for his hard work on the forum.

What makes a Viking fan hang out here besides Viking week 2x per year? You've obviously been here a while... so you must like it.

As the new head guy you deserve the full story.

Background:

I work near the Wisconsin border so lots of Wisconsinites work where I work and most are Packer fans. I enjoy talkiing football and since many of my co-workers are Packer fans I decided to learn more about my favorite teams main rival so I could talk seriously about both teams. I started reading the Milwaukee Journal Sentinel's football forum about 1995. Even then Tex as preaching the cult of the kool-aid was interesting.

After the major moron guy that started stalking some members of the forum did his thing, I fled along with a core of really good posters and interesting people to a new forum called Christen Encourager. We were all there for a bit and then Harlen and Mad stepped up and created this new forum. The one you currently own!

My motivation is rather simple really. I hate ultra homerism and I hate trolls. Hate is the proper term. I read many Viking blogs but the few forums I visit have lots of moron Packer trolls and lots of ultra homerism Vike fans. I am optimistic (not quite to the Harvey Wallbangers level) but don't gloss over serious issues with my favorite team. At least not on purpose!

So I enjoy reading about what people think about the Vikings main rival and I enjoy some of the very clever folks here. How can one not enjoy a forum with Shamler! (one of my favorite posters, Patler). My high post count is mainly from live threads where I post for hours during the event (a game or the draft). So don't overestimate my contributution....but I do enjoy the forum.
    Hey thanks for this. Appreciate the background. Know a little of this, through my discussions with Madtownpacker, but good to know the history. Appreciate the comments on trolling too. I couldn't agree more. Occasionally, I visit other teams forums, but have never acted like an idiot.

I'd guess we'll get a few of those around here too!

Senior Rat HOFer
    Welcome to the forum!

Quote Originally Posted by Pacopete4
    Welcome to the forum!
    thanks!

Rastak, interesting to hear that you've been around since 1995. I would be curious to know when others started at JSO. I started posting there around 2004.
    Busting drunk drivers in Antarctica since 2006

hey Mr. Admin,

Can I get a new rat name too? Pretty please? Can I be "chickenhawk rat"?

with 11 long-haired friends of Jesus in a chartreuse microbus

Besides an abiding love for us, have you ever tried to have a decent football discussion with a Viking forum?
    Yeah, that would kind of explain it. Do they blow the horn when they post?
    That's funny. Hopefully you will not add a sound feature to the site.
    "Never, never ever support a punk like mraynrand. Rather be as I am and feel real sympathy for his sickness." - Woodbuck

Oracle Rat HOFer Cheesehead Craig's Avatar
    Welcome aboard! Hopefully this site lives up to all the hopes and dreams you have for it.
    All hail the Ruler of the Meadow!

Hi, Admin.

Congrats for taking over. This is a cool site.

Kidding.....

Besides an abiding love for us, have you ever tried to have a decent football discussion with a Viking forum?
    Yea, but it's extremely troll infested which pretty much destroys any chance of intelligent conversation.

best of luck new guy

there's a few on here that are going to try and test your patience right away

stay strong

Quote Originally Posted by SkinBasket
    Hot damn! My PM is back! Administrator, Overload, Romantic Interest. I'll call you whatever you like.
    You're welcome. You can call me God, to everyone else, I'm Joe. (no kidding)
    Perhaps its Joe Arrigo, the head of a clandestine network of inside operatives with scooptastic tidbits about the inner workings of the Packers?
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

Best of luck and Welcome aboard.

Welcome to it Joe. Its gonna be a good ride. Thanks for picking up what some of us are addicted to.

Big thanks to HH for the infancy of PR.
    Big thanks to Madtown for getting us through the teen years.
    Quote Originally Posted by 3irty1 View Post
    This is museum quality stupidity.

Hello. My name is BallHawk and I'm a 45-year old man who pretends to be a 16-year old boy.

Pleasure to meet you.
    "I've got one word for you- Dallas, Texas, Super Bowl"- Jermichael Finley

Quote Originally Posted by BallHawk
    Hello. My name is BallHawk and I'm a 45-year old man who pretends to be a 16-year old boy.

Pleasure to meet you.
    Coming out of the closet, eh?