Page 7 of 17 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 ... LastLast

Thread: New Owner Introduction

Quote Originally Posted by Freak Out
    Say hey admin.....not going to scroll through the whole thread of welcome's, how do you do's and general ass kissing and hope this has not been asked yet but was wondering if we are going to be seeing adds anytime soon?

Kind regards,

FO
    I picked this one of many questions to respond to. Lots of requests and some concern about features and direction.

Way too soon to give you a detailed plan of where things are headed, so if you're looking for that, I'm sorry but for now, you'll be disappointed. I don't have one.

Couple of important points though. 1st, I don't want to "lose" what this site has, and that's a core group of people with a love for the Packers. The site itself functions well, with the exception of a few people, most seem to get along. Not going to do anything to disrupt what works well.

The question of ad banners is a good one. Do I like them? No. Do they generate revenue? Sometimes. Am I going to "litter" the site with ad banners? No. Would I rule out having a couple in the right circumstance? Too soon to say, but having ad banners is not a goal. Those google banners seem almost worthless to me.

What I'm more interested in doing is providing additional features to what we currently have here. Finding a revenue source would help with that. But that will take time. If you have ideas, I'd invite you to PM me. Would love to hear your thoughts and opinions, both good and bad.

For right now, I just want to upgrade the site a bit. Upgrade doesn't include major changes, nor does it include massive functionality changes. Fritz - not sure if you were joking or not, but you'll continue to navigate just fine. promise!

I gave Madtownpacker my word that I wouldn't "change" the essence of what Packerats.com is about. I meant it when I agreed to it, and I intend to do what I said I'd do. That doesn't mean we won't change around here, if we don't we'll get stale, (which isn't good for anyone), but that does mean it will be gradual.

Top priority is to keep talking about Packer football. That won't change. Hope that clarifies things a bit.

Quote Originally Posted by Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by Freak Out
    Say hey admin.....not going to scroll through the whole thread of welcome's, how do you do's and general ass kissing and hope this has not been asked yet but was wondering if we are going to be seeing adds anytime soon?

Kind regards,

FO
    I picked this one of many questions to respond to. Lots of requests and some concern about features and direction.

Way too soon to give you a detailed plan of where things are headed, so if you're looking for that, I'm sorry but for now, you'll be disappointed. I don't have one.

Couple of important points though. 1st, I don't want to "lose" what this site has, and that's a core group of people with a love for the Packers. The site itself functions well, with the exception of a few people, most seem to get along. Not going to do anything to disrupt what works well.

The question of ad banners is a good one. Do I like them? No. Do they generate revenue? Sometimes. Am I going to "litter" the site with ad banners? No. Would I rule out having a couple in the right circumstance? Too soon to say, but having ad banners is not a goal. Those google banners seem almost worthless to me.

What I'm more interested in doing is providing additional features to what we currently have here. Finding a revenue source would help with that. But that will take time. If you have ideas, I'd invite you to PM me. Would love to hear your thoughts and opinions, both good and bad.

For right now, I just want to upgrade the site a bit. Upgrade doesn't include major changes, nor does it include massive functionality changes. Fritz - not sure if you were joking or not, but you'll continue to navigate just fine. promise!

I gave Madtownpacker my word that I wouldn't "change" the essence of what Packerats.com is about. I meant it when I agreed to it, and I intend to do what I said I'd do. That doesn't mean we won't change around here, if we don't we'll get stale, (which isn't good for anyone), but that does mean it will be gradual.

Top priority is to keep talking about Packer football. That won't change. Hope that clarifies things a bit.
    Thanks for the response.

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Campbell
    Quote Originally Posted by Partial
    Also, installing the "ignore poster" plugin would be great. I could then easily ignore the SkinBasket and he could then easily ignore me.

Thanks,
    Partial

I'm not so sure this is a great idea P. He could easily ignore you, but so could everybody else.

And I might find myself in the same boat.
    I accidently used the ignore function on TexasPackerBacker a few weeks ago....it works great. I haven't read a Tex post since.
    After lunch the players lounged about the hotel patio watching the surf fling white plumes high against the darkening sky. Clouds were piling up in the west… Vince Lombardi frowned.

Senior Rat HOFer
    Quote Originally Posted by HowardRoark
    Also, installing the "ignore poster" plugin would be great. I could then easily ignore the SkinBasket and he could then easily ignore me.

Thanks,
    Partial

I'm not so sure this is a great idea P. He could easily ignore you, but so could everybody else.

I accidently used the ignore function on TexasPackerBacker a few weeks ago....it works great. I haven't read a Tex post since.
    Speaking of, where has Tex been? I've only seen him post one time since the draft, regarding Raji and Matthews. Hope he's okay.
    Chuck Norris doesn't cut his grass, he just stares at it and dares it to grow

? HOFer
    *multiquote* chant is heard in the distance, slowly getting louder...

What happens if you have someone block, and that person then starts a thread?!?
    Normal is an illusion. What is normal for the spider is chaos for the fly. -Morticia Addams

Surprized to see that Mad sold. He did a great thing here.

No less Forum Administrator. Good luck with your aspirations with OUR Green Bay Packer forum and welcome Packer fan.

50 Years a Packer fan. woodbuck27
    ** Since 2006 3 X Pro Pickem' Champion; 4 X Runner-Up and 3 X 3rd place.
    ** To download Jesus Loves Me ring tones, you'll need a cell phone mame
    ** If God doesn't fish, play poker or pull for " the Packers ", exactly what does HE do with his buds?
    ** Rather than love, money or fame - give me TRUTH: Henry D. Thoreau

Thanks,
    Partial

That must have been an admin feature...as i haven't read one either. Thanx!!

Quote Originally Posted by Gunakor
    Hope he's okay.
    I thought the same thing. You never know with these old guys. I am also a little concerned because I think Tim Russert could kick his ass.
    After lunch the players lounged about the hotel patio watching the surf fling white plumes high against the darkening sky. Clouds were piling up in the west… Vince Lombardi frowned.

Hope he's okay.
    I thought the same thing. You never know woth these old guys. I am also a little concerned because I think Tim Russert could kick his ass.
    No need for Tim, big Russ would take care of TEx.

Senior Rat HOFer
    Hope he's okay.
    I thought the same thing. You never know woth these old guys. I am also a little concerned because I think Tim Russert could kick his ass.
    Chuck Norris doesn't cut his grass, he just stares at it and dares it to grow

? HOFer
    Quote Originally Posted by Mazzin
    You don't see it. You don't see any part of that user except if anyone quotes them typically. It may even block the quote of that person. Not sure. I've never had to block anyone. Skin would be the first.

Quote Originally Posted by Mazzin
    You don't see it. You don't see any part of that user except if anyone quotes them typically. It may even block the quote of that person. Not sure. I've never had to block anyone. Skin would be the first.

So what happens when Nutz says - "Hey Partial, Skinbasket says you can take an overripe cucumber and............."

And lots of people tell you these types of things whether or not Skin actually said something. Then what?

? HOFer
    I would hope that people have a little more sense than that. It's a hugely popular vBulletin feature, but several people have written open-source plugins for phpbb.

That would just be a bonus. The real feature I'm after is multi-quote. That is by far and away the best feature that vBulletin has that phpBB lacks out of the box and can be added via plugin.

I would hope that people have a little more sense than that.

Even after knowing us for years?

What does multi-quote do?

? HOFer
    Multi-quote allows one to address multiple posts in a quick manner. Take page 4 of this thread. Each post would have a "Multiquote" button.

You can click that button for any post you want to respond to, and when you finally click on "post reply" for any of said posts or the bottom button, your reply text block will have all of the quoted text in it.

This is especially great for someone late to the scene, so they can reply to 5-6 people in one post easily and quickly, instead of making 5 separate posts.

It's really a great feature. I use it all the time on my mac forum.

It's really a great feature. I use it all the time on my mac forum.
    Use it more.

I oftentimes meet a new person and after they introduce themselves, I find that I am somewhat intimidated or confused by their "ideas" so I close my eyes tight and shout, "If I can't see you, you don't exist!"

When I open my eyes, they're gone, so I'm all for being able to do that in the virtual world. I should mention that I am a completely normal, socially adjusted person who addresses reality much in the same way I address this forum. I believe real men solve things with words and I am absolutely regularly proportioned.
    "You're all very smart, and I'm very dumb." - Partial

There has been more bickering in the last 3 days then there has been in months. Are we just giving Joe a trial by fire?
    Quote Originally Posted by 3irty1 View Post
    This is museum quality stupidity.

? HOFer
    Quote Originally Posted by Zool
    There has been more bickering in the last 3 days then there has been in months. Are we just giving Joe a trial by fire?
    Nope, Skin has decided to become a bigger douche than usual.

Joe, my apologies for the actions around here. I've asked Skin countless times to not address me in any way, shape or form on these forums, but he simply refuses and continues to make snarky remarks. Perhaps you can talk some sense into him. Dude is off his rocker beyond belief and has caused Mad nothing but headaches.