Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: MINIVAN'S

Blog Entries

MINIVAN'S

Anybody had any great or terrible results with certain models

Now that I bought my inground hoop I think we might replace our 2000 MV

Looking at the Town and Country models

Any views ?
    LIFE IS ABOUT CHAMPIONSHIPS; I JUST REALIZED THIS. The MILWAUKEE BUCKS have won the same number of championships over the past 50 years as the Green Bay Packers. Ten years from now, who will have more championships, and who will be the fart in the wind ?

This is kinda like asking straight guys about their experimental college days.

They generally make great demo derby vehicles
    The Bottom Line:
    Formally Numb, same person, same views of M3

? HOFer
    Honda. Honda makes a great product.

Seriously, I would be shopping at one of the Chrysler dealerships that was just closed down. Chrysler has refused to buy-back any of their inventories, and the dealers lose ability to offer incentives some time in June. They will be giving the cars away for a song and a dance the next few weeks. Chrysler Jeep must make a minivan.

There are a thousand GM dealers closing too, but I'm not sure if they are in such a dire position as the Chrysler dealerships.

Harlan, the Town and Country IS a Chrysler.

Serendipity, Bretsky.
    "Greatness is not an act... but a habit.Greatness is not an act... but a habit." -Greg Jennings

Quote Originally Posted by MJZiggy
    Harlan, the Town and Country IS a Chrysler.

Serendipity, Bretsky.
    Not luck, I have a hunch Bretsky was onto the Chrysler opportunity before my consultation. There is blood in the water, and Bretsky is a shark.

Quote Originally Posted by Partial
    Honda. Honda makes a great product.
    Agreed. Don't have one, but my next car will be one (well either an accord or a 4-runner because of how much car you get with a 4 runner, how well built it is and how reasonably priced they are used with SUV's being phased out by people right now)

The Honda Accord is the best mid sized car on the road (the most reliable car on the road year after year after year)
    The Honda Odyssey is the best minivan on the road

The Civic, CR-V and Pilot are extremely competitive and also proven to be great vehicles (They're not head and shoulders above a few of the other top cars carolla, 4-runner, highlander. . . but if I were to buy in any of these classes, I'd feel GREAT about buying any of these three Honda models. Even though they are have solid competition, they're still right there as the best)

All of Hondas new models, they may not be battle tested like the long standing Honda models, but if I were the type of guy who liked to be out on the cutting edge and wanted the latest and greatest, trendy looking cars, I'd still go Honda because everything they touch they do right. I'm put function over fashion, so I prefer to go with the proven reliable cars with the options I need (space, enough power). My next car will either be an Accord or a 4-runner. If I were to get a minivan, I'd get an Odyssey and there would be no competition.

HONDA ONE OF THE BEST COMPANIES IN THE WORLD. THEY ARE BRILLIANT IN THEIR ABILITY TO PRODUCE A BETTER CAR MORE EFFICIENTLY AND DEDICATED TO EXCELLENCE.

Everyone knows how I feel about value. Honda is dedicated and dominate at delivering value.

The resale on a Chrysler stinks and has always stunk. If you're buying it to drive it until the wheels fall off, ok, but chrysler has always had transmission troubles too.

My sister in law just put a trans in her Pacifica... Over $2k.

Toyota Sienna. Very good product.

Re: MINIVAN'S

Quote Originally Posted by Bretsky

Any views ?

So I guess you've completely given up on trying to pick up lesbians.

Re: MINIVAN'S

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Campbell
    Quote Originally Posted by Bretsky

Any views ?

So I guess you've completely given up on trying to pick up lesbians.
    Straight women too...
    "Greatness is not an act... but a habit.Greatness is not an act... but a habit." -Greg Jennings

Quote Originally Posted by retailguy
    I love the 4-runner and Tundra.

Toyota also makes a great car (especially if you stick to their battle tested, front line vehicles).

I'm a big believer in Honda though. I love Honda.

Quote Originally Posted by retailguy
    The resale on a Chrysler stinks and has always stunk. If you're buying it to drive it until the wheels fall off, ok, but chrysler has always had transmission troubles too.

My sister in law just put a trans in her Pacifica... Over $2k.

I'm inclined to agree with this. I'd use Chrysler's going out of business sales as leverage to get the vehicle you really want at a better price. And then I'd drive it a couple of years longer to drive the total cost of ownership down. I wouldn't get a vehicle you didn't really like that much just because it's extra cheap right now.

Family has a Honda Odyssey. Drives smooth, not too bulky, has everything you want in a minivan, and Honda maintenance and service is top-notch. There's a reason they're probably the most popular minivan on the road.
    "I've got one word for you- Dallas, Texas, Super Bowl"- Jermichael Finley

Wolf Pack Rat HOFer Deputy Nutz's Avatar
    Honda Oddessy = GOOD REALLY FUCKING GOOD

Ford Windstar or whatever they fucking call it now = SHIT BIG PILE OF RUNNY BLOODY SHIT!!! I HATE THOSE BASTARDS!!!!!

I have had 3 Chrysler/Dodge minivans. 1 Towne & Country that puked out at 144,000 (tranny) and Dodge Caravan that died at 150,000 (again tranny). Got them both from relatives and were dependable except the tranny issues near the end of their lives.

We bought a used Towne & Country from the same dealer I got my Dakota from (which was on the Chrysler death list) less than 6 months ago. I will drive this till wheels fall off as well. Only reason I didn't go with a Honda was the price of a used too expensive for my budget.

Honda Certified Used vehicles are an awesome deal. They may seem a little salty pricewise, but they are very dependable.
    -digital dean

No "TROLLS" allowed!

The Honda van is really the best one out there now...only Toyota is close.

? HOFer
    Get a pilot Bretsky. Still plenty of space to haul the fam around but way cooler.

Get a pilot Bretsky. Still plenty of space to haul the fam around but way cooler.
    We almost got that car instead of the Oddysey, but it's a freakin big car. If you're into that it works, but it's big.
    "I've got one word for you- Dallas, Texas, Super Bowl"- Jermichael Finley

? HOFer
    Quote Originally Posted by BallHawk
    We almost got that car instead of the Oddysey, but it's a freakin big car. If you're into that it works, but it's big.
    Surprised by that. Looks to be about the same size as a minivan. Fair enough , I've never been near one.