Quote Originally Posted by Tyrone Bigguns
Welker was very good in miami...why do you think they wanted him.
Very good? You mean averaging 24 catches a season before coming to NE? Having a 12 fumble to 1 TD ratio?!? Where exactly is the very good? He was becoming a decent slot receiver when they traded for him. He only had three starts, and they were all due to injury.

Our talent is..well hilarious. We don't have much PRODUCTIVE talent at TE, we have jennings and driver..who is declining rapidly. Jordy and Jones have done NOTHING.
Rapidly declining? How so? Sure, his numbers were down last year but Jennings were up. That doesn't necessarily mean decline. That says to me that Jennings has improved to the point of being the #1.

I also think our TEs are better than solid. Lee is a pretty darn good player, as evidence by the extension TT gave him and being a pro-bowl alternate in 2007, when our QB used the middle of the field.

WE have phenomenal receivers and they are blue chip. LOL
Didn't say that. We have a top 5 receiving corps in the NFL.

And, if you think Plax would be competing for the #2 spot, you are daft.
Source? It's my personal opinion that Driver is a better all-around receiver than Plax. They're close, though.

Randall Cunningham was a journeyman. Oh, lord. We should only be blessed to have a 4x pro bowler, 4x all pro, UPI NFC player of the year, Pro bowl mvp in his 3rd year, 3x Bert Bell award winner, and comeback player of the year.
Randall Cunningham only had a QB rating of 90 or better twice in a 16 year NFL career.

Furthermore, he had a career rating of 81.5. Exceptional? Hardly.

Furthermore, he could have played in 256 NFL games. He played in 161, so he was either A) hurt a lot (journeyman) or B) not that good (which his numbers support) (journeyman). He only played in 62% of the possible games. Finally, he only started 66 games. That means he started 40% of the games he played in... Awful... and 25% of the total games he was eligible for...

So... where exactly is there anything pointing to him being anything beyond a journeyman during his NFL career?!? I certainly don't see it.

You have officially made yourself look even stupider than the forum believed possible.
False. I believe I just served you royally.

It's very tough to deny the weapons Rodgers has. The offensive talent stacks up well with just about any other team in the league (outside of QB). The OL is fine, and used as a scapegoat for a scrambling, skittish QB. Did Clifton go from stud to dud overnight? Hardly. He looked as fast and powerful as ever last year.

Welker was not a very good player in Miami. He was used marginally. He obviously had potential that BB saw, but that does not equate to a very good player in his time there. 1 TD in 4 years in Miami. 12 Fumbles. Terrible.

Cunningham may have been great prior to coming to the NFL, but his NFL numbers aren't very good -- except when he was chucking the ball to Moss -- then they were a statistical anomaly and were quite stellar.