Page 1 of 17 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

Thread: This guy looks like a moron now

Green & Gold Shades Rat HOFer channtheman's Avatar

This guy looks like a moron now

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GWDCOV5Cktk

Yeah Green Bay made the WORST decision they could have by getting rid of Favre.

Senior Rat HOFer
    Chuck Norris doesn't cut his grass, he just stares at it and dares it to grow

That sounds like some of the posters here last fall. I wonder how this guy enjoyed eating his foot?

Good, bad, or indifferent the fact is the team went 6-10 last year and that won't cut it. If Mr. Rodgers doesn't lead this team to some winning records and playoff wins, nobody will care how his numbers look. The 21st century Packer fan is alot less forgiving that us from the Lynn Dickey years! We want wins, a pretty offense just won't cut it!

Quote Originally Posted by LEWCWA
    Good, bad, or indifferent the fact is the team went 6-10 last year and that won't cut it. If Mr. Rodgers doesn't lead this team to some winning records and playoff wins, nobody will care how his numbers look. The 21st century Packer fan is alot less forgiving that us from the Lynn Dickey years! We want wins, a pretty offense just won't cut it!

Explain this

Offense 8th ranked (nfl.com yards)
    Defense 20th ranked (nfl.com yards)
    ST's 26th ranked (Dallas Morning News overall ST's ranking *Rick Gosslin)
    Strength of schedule 12th toughest (nfl.com)

Passing offense 4th ranked
    Running offense 26th ranked

Rodgers (4th yards) (6th Passer Rating) (4th TD's) (10th comp %)

I don't think Rodgers has much left to prove, except to the few people like you, who will be proven wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by JustinHarrell

Explain this

Passing game 4th ranked
    Running game 26th ranked

I don't think Rodgers has too many questions left to answer, except from people like you, who will be proven wrong.
    Yes. Aaron Rodgers isn't the problem.
    ** Since 2006 3 X Pro Pickem' Champion; 4 X Runner-Up and 3 X 3rd place.
    ** To download Jesus Loves Me ring tones, you'll need a cell phone mame
    ** If God doesn't fish, play poker or pull for " the Packers ", exactly what does HE do with his buds?
    ** Rather than love, money or fame - give me TRUTH: Henry D. Thoreau

maybe this guy should find some new work cause he kinda sucks at this!?!
    freedom of speech has consequences... Go Pack Go!!

Rat-A-Tat-Tat Veteran BZnDallas's Avatar

Great Post!!!... at least the bold typing... you are correct the TEAM went 6-10... and the defense gave up 4-5 of those games in the 4th quarter or overtime... if the 'D' can improve this year and the offense at least stays the same, we are hopefully looking at 11-12 wins this year... at least some fans are hoping anyway... some i'm not to sure about... but i'm not here to mention any names...
    Now what y'all know about dem Texas boys
    Comin' down in candied toys, smokin' weed and talkin' noise!!!

Explain this

I don't think Rodgers has much left to prove, except to the few people like you, who will be proven wrong.
    Prove us wrong just like your wonderful Justin Harrell has? I sure as hell hope not or the Pack is in huge trouble.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Gunakor

Add one more point to start thread total
    LIFE IS ABOUT CHAMPIONSHIPS; I JUST REALIZED THIS. The MILWAUKEE BUCKS have won the same number of championships over the past 50 years as the Green Bay Packers. Ten years from now, who will have more championships, and who will be the fart in the wind ?

This is so funny that it almost facepalms itself! What messed up fucking logic! The very idea that someone would actually believe this!

Can he improve? Surely.
    Could we have had a championship caliber team with him + a defense last year? Abso-fucking-lutely.

Explain this

Did I say that he has anything to prove? He played excellent last year. I was just comparing last years team to many I watched in the 80's. Some of those teams were awsome on offense, but still had shit records. I don't see anyone talking about how great Lynn Dickey was 25 years later! Only point to my post was, if Rodgers puts up good to great numbers for 5-6 years and the Pack is a mediocre .500 type team, he will be lumped in with those Packers. Nothing more nothing less....

FYI I didn't even look at the youtube link, because I don't really care. To me it doesn't really matter about Favre. He is finished and thats that. Rodgers is the man now and I would much prefer a Favre type legacy than a Lynn Dickey one. Ya gotta be better than 6-10 though.

Did I say that he has anything to prove? He played excellent last year. I was just comparing last years team to many I watched in the 80's. Some of those teams were awsome on offense, but still had shit records. I don't see anyone talking about how great Lynn Dickey was 25 years later! Only point to my post was, if Rodgers puts up good to great numbers for 5-6 years and the Pack is a mediocre .500 type team, he will be lumped in with those Packers. Nothing more nothing less....

Wouldn't that be a Packer problem overall not a Rodgers problem individually? Dickey, Lofton and company probably don't get the credit they deserve, which is another example of why I believe the team is much more important than the QB.

Minnesota (very good D, great running game, bad QB) playoffs
    Packers (bad D, bad ST's, bad running game, good QB) no playoffs

Like I said, you're a doubter. You think we're losing because of Rodgers. I think you will be proven wrong over time. We can sit here and talk about how Dickey ruined the 80's defenses and how Rodgers ruined the 2008 defense and you think you have merit. Time will take any relevancy you have away. For now, keep digging. I'll argue as far as it takes to draw a contrast and then let time decide who is right.

Who cares what that guys thinks. Hell he looks like he just got in from little league practice. He has never seen anyone besides number 4 under center anyway.

I'm glad they don't have any video of me predicting that Odell Thurman and Robert Ferguson were going to be stars in this league!

? HOFer
    I guess I don't see how he's that far off point.

He said he's fragile.. He did get hurt last year, in addition to every other year he's been in the league. Sure, he played through it, but will he be able to stay healthy next year? Maybe, maybe not.

He also said the Pack was a contender in 2007, and wouldn't be in 2008 with Rodgers. They weren't in 2008 with Rodgers.

With that said, his wording is a poorly chosen. At no point does he say Rodgers is a bad player or anything like that. He simply implies the Packers 2008 season will be a disaster, and it was.

Considering that the speaker in the Youtube video was doing a Fantasy Football analysis, he absolutely does look like an idiot at this point. From a Fantasy Football perspective, Rodgers was stellar last year, since Fantasy throws out all the things about "wins and losses" and "clutch performances", and Rodgers was (statistically) one of the best QBs in the league last year.
    </delurk>

Green & Gold Shades Rat HOFer channtheman's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Partial

He said he's fragile.. He did get hurt last year, in addition to every other year he's been in the league. Sure, he played through it, but will he be able to stay healthy next year? Maybe, maybe not.

He also said the Pack was a contender in 2007, and wouldn't be in 2008 with Rodgers. They weren't in 2008 with Rodgers.

With that said, his wording is a poorly chosen. At no point does he say Rodgers is a bad player or anything like that. He simply implies the Packers 2008 season will be a disaster, and it was.
    You need to look no further than the title of the video and his first line. "One of my bigger busts is Aaron Rodgers." He wasn't a bust. Also, no one would have been a contender with our defense last year.

Quote Originally Posted by Partial

He said "Rodgers would be a bust in 2008". Did you miss that part? Also he implied Rodgers would be the reason they wouldn't be a contender. Rodgers wasn't the problem. The length you continue to go to bash Rodgers is getting down right pathetic.