Quote Originally Posted by MJZiggy
Quote Originally Posted by Partial
Quote Originally Posted by MJZiggy
Yes, P. The graphic artist with 20 years experience who puts out a magazine that wins awards every year and who does all of our ads and sell sheets is incompetent. Also explain to me why IT departments in two different offices (and other companies' IT people as well) say it's just something that happens cross platform and you just need to resend the file. But of course they're all incompetent as well.
And you're 100% positive that they're right? And they've given an explanation that mathematically makes sense instead of "sometimes a file gets corrupt and you have to resend it"? So, it's inconsistent? Since when are computers inconsistent? Laziness is a strong force.

The fact that they came out with Adobe Bridge in the original CS which is a file management tool to go not only between machines, but between platforms, leads me to believe that those people are full of shinanigans, in addition to the fact that I work with about 50% macs and 50% pcs and we all make websites together and use some assets generated in windows and some generated on a mac using Adobe software.

Take 10 minutes and google this and find out what a load of bs it is.

Human error.
You're basing your opinion on a file management tool? Yes, every IT person I've ever worked with (before and after taking time off) is a lazy SOB and you're entirely right. You've obviously figured out and cured EVERY cross platform issue. When you have your cure in open software and I can plug it in so that I DON'T NEED THE IT DEPT. TO NOT BE LAZY AND FIX THE PROBLEM SO THAT I NEVER HAVE A FILE THAT NEEDS RESENDING THEN COME AND TALK TO ME.
Okay. Rather than googling it and pointing me to an article and maybe learning something yourself, you'd rather take someone elses word for it. Smart. There isn't an incompatibility.