Quote Originally Posted by Partial
Quote Originally Posted by retailguy
Quote Originally Posted by Scott Campbell
I'm thinking about this one for my wife.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16834152116
I bought a hard drive from New Egg about 3 months ago. I don't use that debit card very much, and hadn't used it in about 3 months. Within a week, I had $500 in unauthorized charges.

I made the purchase while at work, behind the office firewall, and on my work machine which gets virus/spyware/malware scanned daily. I have yet to find any kind of intruder on that machine.

I don't buy from New Egg anymore.
I've bought over 100 products from NewEgg and never had a single problem. That is very bizzare. They're by far the de facto online computer store. I <3 them!
It is very surprising. I don't quite know what to make of it.

I've had a debit card cloned twice. The other time was 5 years ago. Thinking back, I was purchasing a lot of network hardware at the time (I think) and I bought all that from New Egg too.

I don't know. Seems bizarre, but I've been through the bank statement 5 times with the bank on the phone. My wife and I both have debit cards, she uses hers all the time, but the fraud came from my card, and the previous transaction was over 90 days prior, and hadn't been used since.

I had our IT folks come up and manually scan the PC, nothing was found. I checked the scan logs, and nothing had been deleted by the machine either.

I can't explain it.