Quote Originally Posted by GBRulz
I bought a new MBPro laptop a couple of months ago. I was worried about some compatibility issues with some programs and files, too. Not a problem though since you can install windows on them now.

I will never go back to a PC again.
2nded. Even using Windows 7 is a painful experience once you're used to a Mac. It's the little things that are wonderful like expose and spotlight.

Zig, anything you can run on a Windows, especially with CS, you can run on a Mac. The one thing that people typically have problems with is Office, but I will personally mail you a copy of Microsoft Office for Mac.

Take the plunge... you'll thank me. I'm sure GBR can attest that the unibody MacBook Pros are basically the nicest, most well-built sturdiest computers ever. With the student discount plus the free iPod during the summer they're also one of the best deals out there.

With any Mac, all you have to do is plug in the monitor and it will automatically discover, configure, and set the proper resolution and enable desktop spanning for you. It's pretty wonderful.

My office is transitioning to a Mac shop from a Thinkpad shop. At first there were some gripes, now everyone seems thrilled after a month or two.