Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

Thread: 'Puters

Quote Originally Posted by MJZiggy
    Ah hell, while I'm at it, I want to switch anti-virus software. Anyone got brands they especially like?
    What are you using now? AVG is free and good.
    "You're all very smart, and I'm very dumb." - Partial

Yes. I should have.

Now that is a deadpan.

+1 for AVG. They try to hide the free version, but it's still there.

? HOFer
    Yes. I should have. I would have been very handy transferring files to a work and former desktop that it isn't always compatible with. That would have been fun to have files that won't open when I have to be able to work on them on my lunch hour.
    How many times to I have to tell you? It will be 100% compatible?

Also, I use the numberic keypad. A lot. Does your Macbook happen to have one?
    You can plug in a 5 dollar USB keyboard

Ah hell, while I'm at it, I want to switch anti-virus software. Anyone got brands they especially like?
    With a Mac you wouldn't have to, but you should probably use AVG free version. Must suck to have to worry about corrupting data from having millions of hackers and viruses trying to get you, hey? I wouldn't know as my Mac is nice and secure

It's like a zombie that won't die.
    "I've got one word for you- Dallas, Texas, Super Bowl"- Jermichael Finley

Quote Originally Posted by BallHawk

No the zombie just won't listen. If he had been listening he'd already know that my graphics person has a mac that is only semi-compatible with my work computer. Every third file has to be resent. Sometimes more than once. And I'm not carrying around a peripheral when I can get the feature built in.

Thanks for the advice guys.
    "Greatness is not an act... but a habit.Greatness is not an act... but a habit." -Greg Jennings

? HOFer
    Quote Originally Posted by BallHawk

No the zombie just won't listen. If he had been listening he'd already know that my graphics person has a mac that is only semi-compatible with my work computer. Every third file has to be resent. Sometimes more than once. And I'm not carrying around a peripheral when I can get the feature built in.

Thanks for the advice guys.
    That's called user error ziggy. Clearly the guy is incompetent. Files aren't just suddenly incompatible! Especially when using commercial software like Adobe CS. That's a crock of BS, and if you choose to believe the bs rather than understand the truth, well, thats not good.

Yes, P. The graphic artist with 20 years experience who puts out a magazine that wins awards every year and who does all of our ads and sell sheets is incompetent. Also explain to me why IT departments in two different offices (and other companies' IT people as well) say it's just something that happens cross platform and you just need to resend the file. But of course they're all incompetent as well.
    "Greatness is not an act... but a habit.Greatness is not an act... but a habit." -Greg Jennings

Yes, P. The graphic artist with 20 years experience who puts out a magazine that wins awards every year and who does all of our ads and sell sheets is incompetent. Also explain to me why IT departments in two different offices (and other companies' IT people as well) say it's just something that happens cross platform and you just need to resend the file. But of course they're all incompetent as well.
    Patlerized. :P

? HOFer
    And you're 100% positive that they're right? And they've given an explanation that mathematically makes sense instead of "sometimes a file gets corrupt and you have to resend it"? So, it's inconsistent? Since when are computers inconsistent? Laziness is a strong force.

The fact that they came out with Adobe Bridge in the original CS which is a file management tool to go not only between machines, but between platforms, leads me to believe that those people are full of shinanigans, in addition to the fact that I work with about 50% macs and 50% pcs and we all make websites together and use some assets generated in windows and some generated on a mac using Adobe software.

Take 10 minutes and google this and find out what a load of bs it is.

Human error.

What do you think of Hackintosh's P?

Quote Originally Posted by Partial
    And you're 100% positive that they're right? And they've given an explanation that mathematically makes sense instead of "sometimes a file gets corrupt and you have to resend it"? So, it's inconsistent? Since when are computers inconsistent? Laziness is a strong force.

The fact that they came out with Adobe Bridge in the original CS which is a file management tool to go not only between machines, but between platforms, leads me to believe that those people are full of shinanigans, in addition to the fact that I work with about 50% macs and 50% pcs and we all make websites together and use some assets generated in windows and some generated on a mac using Adobe software.

Human error.
    You're basing your opinion on a file management tool? Yes, every IT person I've ever worked with (before and after taking time off) is a lazy SOB and you're entirely right. You've obviously figured out and cured EVERY cross platform issue. When you have your cure in open software and I can plug it in so that I DON'T NEED THE IT DEPT. TO NOT BE LAZY AND FIX THE PROBLEM SO THAT I NEVER HAVE A FILE THAT NEEDS RESENDING THEN COME AND TALK TO ME.

? HOFer
    Quote Originally Posted by Scott Campbell
    Love them. I have one, its solid as a rack, fast, glorious. I'm extremely satisfied with mine. iAtkos 5i distro takes any pain out of the process.

? HOFer

Human error.
    You're basing your opinion on a file management tool? Yes, every IT person I've ever worked with (before and after taking time off) is a lazy SOB and you're entirely right. You've obviously figured out and cured EVERY cross platform issue. When you have your cure in open software and I can plug it in so that I DON'T NEED THE IT DEPT. TO NOT BE LAZY AND FIX THE PROBLEM SO THAT I NEVER HAVE A FILE THAT NEEDS RESENDING THEN COME AND TALK TO ME.
    Okay. Rather than googling it and pointing me to an article and maybe learning something yourself, you'd rather take someone elses word for it. Smart. There isn't an incompatibility.

When it takes IT to fix the problem, it is called a solution I'm not willing to deal with on my home computer. If there weren't an incompatibility, then we wouldn't be calling the IT departments of several companies lazy. I don't have an IT department at home. It needs to work. Oh look. My PC works. The first time. Every time. Problem solved.

? HOFer
    When it takes IT to fix the problem, it is called a solution I'm not willing to deal with on my home computer. If there weren't an incompatibility, then we wouldn't be calling the IT departments of several companies lazy. I don't have an IT department at home. It needs to work. Oh look. My PC works. The first time. Every time. Problem solved.
    Whatever you say Ziggy. Again, you're being ignorant. Rather than googling and providing a source or doing any research yourself, you're refusing. Typical.

Love them. I have one, its solid as a rack, fast, glorious. I'm extremely satisfied with mine. iAtkos 5i distro takes any pain out of the process.

Desktop, or lappy?

? HOFer

Desktop, or lappy?
    Desktop. I bought a cheap core 2 and overclocked it from 2.2 to 3.6, then threw 4gb of ram, 500gb hdd and a 8600 gt at it. Runs unbelieveably quickly, rarely do I notice a difference from the 8 core 8 gb Mac Pro I use at work.

Whatever you say Ziggy. Again, you're being ignorant. Rather than googling and providing a source or doing any research yourself, you're refusing. Typical.
    Maybe since you're the one trying to prove a point, you should go ahead and prove it.

? HOFer
    Maybe since you're the one trying to prove a point, you should go ahead and prove it.
    You can't prove that there isn't an incompatibility. I can't find a single reference to one. You could easily provide a contradiction, though. Proof by contradiction is typically the easiest decisive argument one could make.

The proof that I need is that it doesn't work on my computer. Prove me wrong.